PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

926Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/9/2010, 1:31 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Em and Emerald Isle,

I call them spuds too. Last year the potato bugs destroyed the foilage of my potatoes. To avoid a repeat and to break the cycle this spring I planted them in new ground far away back in the hayfield on a pretty little knoll. I planted 200 spuds. After they broke through I hilled them and never paid them any more attention for 6 weeks or so. I finally went to check them out and instead of finding plants knee high, I found chewed off plants and lots of deer tracks. Another poor potato crop. Oh well. The deer are pretty to see! Tommy my 3yr old grandson and I saw a deer near the garden. Later when he told my Dad and Mom about it he said that it was eating Pa's mashed potatoes.

I love potatoes. Scalloped, baked, double baked, shepherds pie, in stews, mashed, boiled, and of course french fried. Time for more shepherds pie Em. When I made your recipe, I didn't have any mushrooms, so I used mushroom soup. I have never used soup in shepherds pie before, it made the whole dish moist and very yummy!!

I grew kale in my garden this year too, and what do you do with kale? The plants are still thriving but I don't really have any use for it. Do you ever cook it? It is
supposed to be good for you.

Well I'm posting this good morning tonite. Trusting that you are all presently having a good sleep. Be strong on Wednesday, there is good Karma on hump day as another weekend comes into sight!

Oh Em, that key thing. One thing that I noticed before I was dxed with Parky Flu was that I had a Dickens of a time getting my key into the truck ignition switch, I thought I was going crazy.

Be safe everybody, john. (Sean)

927Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/9/2010, 2:40 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi jb and anyone else looking in,your right jb lots of things were so much easier before pd..little things like peeling potatoes or spuds as we call them,turning the key in the door just general day to day stuff.

I want to say jb, and i'm sure lucy and co will agree.. thank you so much for keeping us updated with your posts hopefully we will also hear how others are doing so guys please feel free..
Take care
Em

928Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/9/2010, 11:40 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Day Ireland, I hope everyone is fine today.

Last nite I stayed at my Daughters. Hopefully when I return home tonite I will leave a toilet that flushes for them. Plumbing used to be so much easier PP (pre parkinsons). As I helped her out the door with 2 toddlers, husband, and a 10 yr old, I thanked the lucky stars for the fact that we had kids young and now have a quieter lifestyle. Having Parky Flu and dealing with kids must be very difficult.

Have a good day Ireland and do the best you can!

Sincerely, jb

929Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/9/2010, 10:29 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Lucy, You are right about health being so valuable. I am grateful that I lived 49 years without any problems. Many of the pd people I talk to were struck so young.

Enjoy the last day of summer everyone. If you get a chance later today, lets all go out to Echo Beach, in our minds, and have a big party.

Peace and tranquility to all of you today. jb

930Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/9/2010, 6:14 am

lucy

lucy

Im sure nobody would begrudge us a good moan now and again. The truth is we just dont do things automatically any more It makes me just a little bit mad to hear people complaine about simple thing' although if truth be told Ive done it a thousand times myself, but the saying Your Health Is Your Wealth certainly is true. Take it easy and look after yourself.

931Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/9/2010, 11:23 pm

jb49

jb49

Well Hello, I'm hoping that the Parky Gremlins take today off for some rest and leave my body alone.

I often think about how I feel: time for meds, ouch, c'mon hand please turn that little nut onto that tiny bolt, better not drive into Toronto, that is too heavy to lift, hand is shaking like a leaf, can't walk and carry that, need to sleep, don't drop the baby! and you guys know what I'm talking about. It strikes me today how flippant and unappreciative I was 5 years ago when I could do anything. There is nothing like taking away something, like good health, to make you realize what you had.

Sorry, I didn't mean to start getting all negative on you guys. It is Sunday, good day to relax and enjoy whatever joys you!!

Be Strong Today, Parkies of Ireland

John

932Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/9/2010, 11:41 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Lucy, nice to hear from you. If Emma was coming to visit me with an apron, I would stock the pantry with lots of baking supplies, extra chocolate chips, and think up a good reason to tell my wife why this pretty Irish Girl is cooking in her kitchen.

I'm off to my daughters this morning. I am still working on her new bathroom. Today I will have 3 little boys and her husband to help me. Should be fun.

How did the Doctor's visit go?

Hope everyone has a good day. Excercise is good, stress is bad, laughing is good, crying, sometimes necessary. Don't beat yourselves up over our limitations. Remember that all we can do is our best and if that isn't good enough, well that is still all we can do.

Sing us a song Emma, there I can hear you now.

Be strong, jb

933Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/9/2010, 8:15 am

lucy

lucy

Hi John how are you was talking to ems tonight she said she might pay me another visit and i said only if she brings her apron Poor ems is coming for a holiday but between you and me I know who will have the holiday.Keep on posting John as the saying goes when the going gets tough the tough get going or in my case i go shopping Have a good weekend John and take care

934Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/9/2010, 11:22 pm

jb49

jb49

G'day Ireland, Em, Mike, Clem, Ann, Lucy and new member Eleanore. You should post something, you know jump in and get your feet wet.

It is Friday, yippee skippee. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Go for a nice walk.

I have to get my woodstove fired up this weekend. Fall is definitely here. I burn about 4 cord of hardwood each year. I am lucky that I can still use my chainsaw to cut in my woods. I wonder how much longer I can.

Be strong today everybody, jb

935Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/9/2010, 12:18 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Ireland,

Today I feel good, last nite I slept like a fat Baby with a bottle of milk.

Man, it takes me a while to get out of the house. Typing is slow for me and suddenly a big block of time is gone. I do enjoy posting though even if my typing and brain don't keep up to my thoughts and rambling ideas. I hope that everyone feels free to jump in and say something. I never intended this to bore anyone and I hope it doesn't. I don't want to hog this board.

Get out and get some good excercise today Ireland, Be strong, john

936Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/9/2010, 10:46 pm

jb49

jb49

Good day Ireland. Peace to the island and all of you.

Greetings Ems, no answer on the requip except that it is still being studied and not available in the XL form. Oh well, could be worse.

Today I hope to finish some replacement windows at a neighbours house. This work is getting harder but it feels good to be working. I have worked more this year than I have in the past few years because of my hip replacement surgeries. So Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to work I go!

Everybody shake a leg and get up and going and have a great day. Be safe and strong, john

937Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/9/2010, 1:17 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

jb49 wrote:Hello Ireland, Ontario is beautiful this month.

Man, requip put me into slow motion yesterday. I could of fallen asleep standing while trying to work. I am thinking that if I can't get the XL version here, I am going back to mirapex. I feel the sleepiness spreading through me now again from the morning dose.

Gotta get going.

Have a good day Parkies! jb

Hi John, i hope you manage to get requip dosage you need, have they told you they will be getting it soon? anyway hope you get some relief soon.
Take care
Em

938Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/9/2010, 11:14 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland, Ontario is beautiful this month.

Man, requip put me into slow motion yesterday. I could of fallen asleep standing while trying to work. I am thinking that if I can't get the XL version here, I am going back to mirapex. I feel the sleepiness spreading through me now again from the morning dose.

Gotta get going.

Have a good day Parkies! jb

939Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/9/2010, 10:12 pm

jb49

jb49

G'day Ireland, How are all of you today. Everybody got a tummy full of rotten nasty little pills?

Yes Em, the Shepherds pie was good. DW left for work with a container of it for lunch. Thanks again.

Clem,

- the resort looks great but too exciting for me. My holidays are usually a row boat and a quiet cottage and a book
- how big is a pot of jam, is it all raspberry, are you the jam maker?
-your daughter is getting married?, exciting!
- what is a wikipedia meetup?

& Hi Mike

Everybody be stable, unshaken, cool, calm, and collected when stress strikes today. John

940Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/9/2010, 6:42 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning JB and all,

Glad you both enjoyed the shepherd's pie Jb, must check out more recipes.
weekend was good here, Sat night i cooked for 6 people (chili con carne) and it was a success and in and out of chat room at same time but all went well Sean was a great help.

Hi to Lucy,Ann, Clem, Mike and anybody else that's looking in have a good day.
Ems

941Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Em's Shepherd pie recipe 13/9/2010, 2:05 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Em, I made shepherd's pie with your recipe tonite for supper. Heidi said it was very good, I think it was great and she wants more of your recipes. JB

942Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/9/2010, 10:59 pm

ClemMcGann

jb49 wrote:Weather is starting to get cooler here. It feels real nice after the hot summer. I must get back to the woods and clean up some deadfalls for my winter's firewood. Maybe I will start today.
Enjoy your day everybody. John
Hi, John, I'm back in Ireland, its cooler and there is rain. However I had a bumper crop of berries. Made over a hundred pots of jam. Raspberries are producing a second crop. The warm and damp suits them.
I'm back, but have booked flights for both of us for November.
There is a wedding and a Wikipedia meet-up to host .
On my own with the dog for company, wife returning from Spain on tuesday, sons gone to stag, daughters to hen.
I have been told that as father-of-the-bride I have three duties (1) walk my daughter up the aisle (2) say nice thing about her (3) pay the bills
Now, I'll pick a few raspberries

http://www.mariner.ie

943Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/9/2010, 9:18 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Day Ireland. Whazzup today?

Can't picture **** being violent, tough crawl to Spain, Post more pics.

Weather is starting to get cooler here. It feels real nice after the hot summer. I must get back to the woods and clean up some deadfalls for my winter's firewood. Maybe I will start today.

Enjoy your day everybody. John

944Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 7:11 pm

ClemMcGann

ok - I won't post them, even though I was preparing a set about the Poniente beach -
Instead - I will post pics of *******, as discussed - yesterday
See new thread[/quote]

I was going to post a few pics of the Poniente, to put those glasses into context, along with their invitation.
Then when **** threatened the glasses with violence, I hesitated, and decided not to post those pics.
Instead I posted the pic of *********. I know you won't believe me, but I didn't notice the sign behind the donkey, until **** pointed it out. So full marks to **** for observation. I will post a few more pics of said ass (Palm sunday) and pics of the good friday procession, when hooded figures, some carrying heavy crosses, some of those barefoot, are paraded through the town. I was told a story about the statue of Our Lady, which I might have misunderstood.

I would like to organize the pics into different folders or galleries.

Last edited by ems on 13/9/2010, 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total

945Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 4:56 pm

jb49

jb49

Happy Saturday Ireland.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement that you sent me yesterday about my parents. I know that everything will workout. I am also impressed how many people toasted me with a cold beer.

Hope everyone has a relaxing and fun weekend. Be carefull, keep your chin up and poke the Parky Gremlins in the eye. Be Strong, John

946Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 4:35 pm

jb49

jb49

I return home from work and supper smells good. Meatloaf and boiled potatoes. I greet DW and she tells me it is almost ready, get washed up. I wash and instead of sitting at the table or helping put plates on table, I sit at the computer to see what is going on in Ireland today. Be right there dear I say over my shoulder. I am humbled by the well wishers concerning my parents. Must thank them for their concern. I am coming dear I answer to my wife. I wonder about the assistant with the glasses. My dear wife asks if I am inviting all the Irish for supper. Okay, I'll be just a second more. A new thread by Clem? Are you reading a new thread Dear Wife asks, the potatoes are cooling down. Just a sec darling, I answer. Dear Wife is getting hotter than the potatoes. I hope she doesn't think that I have an internet romance on the go. I check out the new thread.

947Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 4:50 am

ClemMcGann

ok - I won't post them, even though I was preparing a set about the Poniente beach -
Instead - I will post pics of an ass, as discussed - yesterday
See new thread

948Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 2:52 am

ClemMcGann

ems wrote:Clem, love the pics especially 'Calpe Rock'
Em
The correct name is: "Peñon de Ifach"

I'll post a few more - and try to put them in a sequence
this time in Poniente, Benidorm (where the assistant with those glasses is)

949Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 2:47 am

ClemMcGann

JB, sorry to hear of your parents, at least they are still with you, value these years. We will have a pint for you.

950Hello Ireland - Page 38 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2010, 1:11 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi there,

Jb, I am so sorry for what you and your parents are going through it is very sad..my mom has been visiting a dear friend with Alzheimers for a while now and it's hard, it has to be difficult for you..Take care Jb..
and yes i'll also treat myself to a beer..sláinte

Clem, love the pics especially 'Calpe Rock'

Em

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum