PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

share your experience

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 12/7/2010, 8:47 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

pab wrote:Thanks everyone,
I guess I've been taking a backseat a bit as parents were doing ok they still are but I am getting more invlved now. I will run the questions for his nurse that past my dad, maybe the drug levels will be increased at the next neuro appt
Surgery wasn't related but affected his intestine so drug adsorption wasnt as it should be.

I'll try get to chat time, but can;t usually be online then.
It's really good to have other people
Thanks
P

Good for you Paul being involved is great as there is so much about pd we're still learning, i often have to make a list of things i need to ask before my appt..hope all goes well.ems

2share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 12/7/2010, 8:32 pm

pab

Thanks everyone,
I guess I've been taking a backseat a bit as parents were doing ok they still are but I am getting more invlved now. I will run the questions for his nurse that past my dad, maybe the drug levels will be increased at the next neuro appt
Surgery wasn't related but affected his intestine so drug adsorption wasnt as it should be.

I'll try get to chat time, but can;t usually be online then.
It's really good to have other people
Thanks
P

3share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 9/7/2010, 3:37 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Paul and welcome,I'm sorry your father is having a tough time of it.It could be as lucy pointed out the medication may need to be adjusted.

However a word with your dads pd nurse or neuro may help, talk through your
concerns as we all react differently to our medications what works for one could be different for another. So make an appointment for a visit..hope it works out. Remember we're here we may not have the answers but only help if we can. Take care
ems

4share your experience Empty re newbie 7/7/2010, 4:46 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Paul welcome to the site. You say your fathers pd is getting worse and that he has had surgery. Was the surgery for pd Paul or for some other problem? I have had pd now for nearly 10years and in my experience the neuro usually up's the dose of medication,changes the medication or mabey adds in another medication. There will be a few people in the chat box tonight between 8 and 10 o clock who might be able to give you more info. Hope this helps.

5share your experience Empty Newbie 7/7/2010, 2:41 am

pab

Hi everyone, new to this. I spose I'm here for information,
hoping you could help
My father has PD, (as ye call it!), which has gotten a lot worse
over last 6 months. he had surgery and probably spent 3 months
without his body absorbing the full amount of medication.
Not the best at sharing this stuff, so I'm a little in the dark.
Actually, whole family is doing an ostrich - eyes wide shut.
What is the next stage once the wearing off starts?
Do you change medication, start physical therapy, anything else?
thanks, great to have someone to ask
P

6share your experience Empty Parky Gremlin 6/7/2010, 5:54 am

lucy

lucy

Hi John
Thank you for your post.You were telling us about your work and how your wife wishes you would take it easier,of coarse she dose its only natural thats shes concerned about you. You will know when the time is right and when that time comes the parky gremlin will be nowhere to be found. Our summer has got off to a great start and long may it last

7share your experience Empty Job I passed on 3/7/2010, 5:17 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the summer. I return to this thread because it was here that I wrote "Dearwife wishes that I do a less physical job". I had one staring me in the eyes and I let it go last month. Well maybe I never would of gotten it but I didn't even try for it. The local college where I earned my diploma was looking for an instructer to teach home renovations. I worked costruction for 35 years now and my business is based on renovations. You needed a college diploma, see above, and I had previously taught a 5 week construction course at another college with good results as well. I was qualified to do this. Good benefits, good pay, steady work, climate controlled environment, there was no downside. Then the Parky Gremlin went to work on me. He whispered into my ear: If you get this job I will make the chalk fall from your hand, I will make you forget names, you will drag that foot in front of the class, you will screw up on the computer, you will fall asleep in the middle of a class, you are not as smart as your students, you will fall asleep marking papers, your parky paw is gonna tremor like never before, you will be the subject of bad jokes, and I lost the confidence required to even apply. I rationalize my decision by saying that my physical work that I do now will keep me going longer. True perhaps, but I think that the confidence sucker called Parky cost me a good opportunity. Signed: Wimped out in Canada, John

8share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 9/6/2010, 7:05 am

lucy

lucy

[quote="ems"]
jb49 wrote:Hi. I just wanted to check in and say hi especially to Emma, and everyone else too. My name is John and I live about 150 kms from Toronto here in Canada. My initials and my age the year the doctor gave me "The diagnosis" led me to jb49. I noticed the last poster is girly49. Neat! So here we are. Everybody tired of having parkinsons? I feel like I have aged 10 years in the last 3. Oh well. Everyday I get up, count my blessings, thank the Gods for wonderful caring E friends like Emma, and set out to do my best for another day. My worst symptom is the rigidity in my right side. I can't believe that I have to sometimes concentrate to make my Parky Paw rise up and turn off a light switch. I am still working as a carpenter but I know my limitations. Dearwife wishes that I do a less physical job but something tells me that I got to stay active. I read your board often but usually am too tired at nite to post anything. With the time zones, I can't get to your chatroom cause I am at work.But I think of all of you, like me, in this big leaky boat, the SS Parky, where we keep bailing all day long to stay afloat and I think the anchor is dragging. Blessings to you all and fight on everyone. John

aaw thank you john and it's good to hear from you..me, well good days and bad but i guess we all get them..take care john hope you'll keep posting.em

Friends who is Emma? yep thats me before i joined PAI i was with yopa.org there i met some wonderful people like john(jb) mike (rusty) girly49 and many more with their kind words of wisdom and support yes they've helped me through some difficult times i guess we've being there for each other..but thats what it's all about eh? anyway thanks to all of you here on PAI just for being here..ems
thanks john for your lovely post keep your chin up and take one day at a time ps say hi to your wife lucy

9share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 7/6/2010, 5:52 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

[quote="jb49"]Hi. I just wanted to check in and say hi especially to Emma, and everyone else too. My name is John and I live about 150 kms from Toronto here in Canada. My initials and my age the year the doctor gave me "The diagnosis" led me to jb49. I noticed the last poster is girly49. Neat! So here we are. Everybody tired of having parkinsons? I feel like I have aged 10 years in the last 3. Oh well. Everyday I get up, count my blessings, thank the Gods for wonderful caring E friends like Emma, and set out to do my best for another day. My worst symptom is the rigidity in my right side. I can't believe that I have to sometimes concentrate to make my Parky Paw rise up and turn off a light switch. I am still working as a carpenter but I know my limitations. Dearwife wishes that I do a less physical job but something tells me that I got to stay active. I read your board often but usually am too tired at nite to post anything. With the time zones, I can't get to your chatroom cause I am at work.But I think of all of you, like me, in this big leaky boat, the SS Parky, where we keep bailing all day long to stay afloat and I think the anchor is dragging. Blessings to you all and fight on everyone. John

aaw thank you john and it's good to hear from you..me, well good days and bad but i guess we all get them..take care john hope you'll keep posting.em

Friends who is Emma? yep thats me before i joined PAI i was with yopa.org there i met some wonderful people like john(jb) mike (rusty) girly49 and many more with their kind words of wisdom and support yes they've helped me through some difficult times i guess we've being there for each other..but thats what it's all about eh? anyway thanks to all of you here on PAI just for being here..ems

10share your experience Empty Hello everyone in Ireland 7/6/2010, 4:55 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi. I just wanted to check in and say hi especially to Emma, and everyone else too. My name is John and I live about 150 kms from Toronto here in Canada. My initials and my age the year the doctor gave me "The diagnosis" led me to jb49. I noticed the last poster is girly49. Neat! So here we are. Everybody tired of having parkinsons? I feel like I have aged 10 years in the last 3. Oh well. Everyday I get up, count my blessings, thank the Gods for wonderful caring E friends like Emma, and set out to do my best for another day. My worst symptom is the rigidity in my right side. I can't believe that I have to sometimes concentrate to make my Parky Paw rise up and turn off a light switch. I am still working as a carpenter but I know my limitations. Dearwife wishes that I do a less physical job but something tells me that I got to stay active. I read your board often but usually am too tired at nite to post anything. With the time zones, I can't get to your chatroom cause I am at work.But I think of all of you, like me, in this big leaky boat, the SS Parky, where we keep bailing all day long to stay afloat and I think the anchor is dragging. Blessings to you all and fight on everyone. John pirat

11share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 12/5/2010, 8:07 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Welcome to girly49 hope you like the site, feel free to send in comments,posts whatever..
ems

12share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 3/5/2010, 3:26 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello All,

It appears to be getting quiet in here again, how are you guys? does anybody have anything to share?
Ems

13share your experience Empty chatroom 22/4/2010, 3:40 am

lucy

lucy

flustered wrote:Hi, Im new to here. My DH has early onset PD.
Is the chat room still being used?
Ill pop in later and see if there is anyone there Very Happy
hi welcome to our site there will be someone there between 8.00 and 10.00 tonight you will be very welcome.

14share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 22/4/2010, 3:21 am

flustered

Hi, Im new to here. My DH has early onset PD.
Is the chat room still being used?
Ill pop in later and see if there is anyone there Very Happy

15share your experience Empty Re: share your experience 14/3/2010, 8:26 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Couldn't have put it better myself Lucy..
Ems

16share your experience Empty share your experience 14/3/2010, 7:29 am

lucy

lucy

Are you a person with parkinsons? Or mabey your just someone who wants to know more about the condition.Why dont you join us in chat where you can laugh cry or complain till your hearts content. There is someone there most nights between 8-10 just log on click join the chat and away you go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]