PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

476Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/9/2011, 6:30 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello Jb and ladies..

Finished dinner about 2hrs ago and relaxing now.

Anyway my news, i'm off to Sweden next week from Thursday to Monday
to a Parkinson's event, travelling alone, i felt very brave when i was booking my flight now well, ill be ok as i know friends will meet me at the airport in Sweden..so it should be good.
Take care guys
Ems Smile

477Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/9/2011, 5:53 am

jb49

jb49

Howdy Ireland, Especially Cathy, we haven't really met have we.?I hope that everyone is having a good day, well I suppose you have all had supper by now. At any rate, glad you have joined in Cathy and may you all be in good spirits tonite.

478Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/8/2011, 5:23 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all..

A new week,schools open again back to lunches,homework etc..
Take care friends..ems x

479Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/8/2011, 5:12 am

lucy

lucy

MarieB wrote:Oh Lucy,

It was a fantastic match. I really thought Donegal had it in the bag right up to the middle of the second half but once it deteriorated into a boxing match, I felt they lost the will to win. It was almost like a switch for Dublin and they really upped the pace. They were so positive from then on and well the rest is history now. Never mind, you can be well proud of your team. It's the first time I've sat through a gaelic football match. It's a bit like Rugby to me?

Hope your children are not too choked. If they are, remind them it's just a game and there's always another year!

Love Marie x
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

480Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Hello IRELAND 29/8/2011, 3:22 am

MarieB

Oh Lucy,

It was a fantastic match. I really thought Donegal had it in the bag right up to the middle of the second half but once it deteriorated into a boxing match, I felt they lost the will to win. It was almost like a switch for Dublin and they really upped the pace. They were so positive from then on and well the rest is history now. Never mind, you can be well proud of your team. It's the first time I've sat through a gaelic football match. It's a bit like Rugby to me?

Hope your children are not too choked. If they are, remind them it's just a game and there's always another year!

Love Marie x

481Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty hey, up Ireland 29/8/2011, 12:29 am

jb49

jb49

You are all so kind and sweet, watching out for each other. Glad you are okay Patsy. And wouldn't it be a sweet world where I could order a Shepherds pie,& raspberry pie in the morning and find it on my doorstep in time for supper. Might as well go for it all and ask for two cold Kilkenny Beers as well.

Enjoy the day friends! jb

482Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 10:00 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Big welcome back Patsy..not always easy thinking positive but we have to try i guess..your post says the rest..HEY UP DONEGAL..

Take care everybody
Ems Smile

483Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 7:23 pm

katie

Have a good weekend everyone.

We will be cheering on DONEGAL in our house today

484Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 7:00 pm

MarieB

Welcome back Patsy, good to have you back in PPL (Positive Parkie Land).

The Poster says it all .soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

HEY UP DONEGAL.......

Love Marie x

485Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 9:24 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Ems,Jb, and Girls.

I have been a bit down the last two weeks, I have had a few falls, not sleeping until 4 or 5 in the morning, cramps in my legs, I think it was the lack of sleep that really got me down
I am bouncing back again, and determined to stay Positive.

Jb your pictures are lovely.

Lucy I hope ye win on Sun.
Hello Ireland - Page 20 D765e15b

486Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 6:21 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

oops sorry Marie, i should have worded that correctly..question is can you, Lucy, Patsy or Katie make raspberry pie..cos i can't.
Scones are my speciality..sorry Sad

487Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 4:25 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,

Who said shepherds pie on offer? I've just made one!! Should check my posts earlier.... drat! OK, how about some raspberry pie for desert. Any left Ems? Much appreciated.

Hey Patsy, are you ok? haven't noticed any posts recently. Maybe you are just busy or away, but your friends here on the forum are a bit concerned methinks. Whatever it is, please let us know you're alright or if you prefer, have a good rant at us. Its what we're here for!

488Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/8/2011, 12:07 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

One Sheperds pie on it's way Jb..anyone else? now raspberry pie.lucy? marie, katie, patsy..? Smile ems x

489Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty looking for Patsy 27/8/2011, 11:33 pm

jb49

jb49

If I knew how to make a beautiful poster that said "Where is Patsy" the way that Patsy could, I would.

I hope that all my Irish friends have a good day and that Emma sends me a baking dish full of Shepherds pie, heavy on the onions. While I am at the wishing, maybe someone could mail me a raspberry pie.......

Love to all of you, hope you have cheerful days, jb

490Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/8/2011, 12:18 pm

jb49

jb49

HEY UP DONEGAL

491Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/8/2011, 6:49 am

lucy

lucy

Aw thanks ladies Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

492Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Up Donegal 27/8/2011, 6:32 am

MarieB

I'll second that...

HEY UP DONEGAL

493Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty UP DONEGAL! 27/8/2011, 6:26 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

HEY UP DONEGAL!!

494Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/8/2011, 1:36 am

lucy

lucy

5,ooo GAA fans from around and about this area will travel to Croke Park on Sunday to watch Donegal take on Dublin in the all Ireland semi finals. So lets hear it for Donegal. So come on everybody (yes even you dubs) after me 1 2 3 UP DONEGAL Smile Smile Smile

JB Croke Park is in Dublin it's where they play gaelic football and hold other major events.

Have a good weekend everyone.

495Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/8/2011, 10:20 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello all, hope everybody's well..Patsy you ok?..

Good weekend to all Smile

496Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/8/2011, 3:46 am

jb49

jb49

Thanks Lucy for the great Ghost poem, Ireland is known for ghosts right?

And the Weston story. They are Canada's rich family, and generous as well. I read a lot of war stories and history stuff. Spitfires fuel my imagination. I live about 15 minute drive from Canada's Biggest Base ad main transport squadron, CFB TRenton. It has a huge museum and a rebuilt bomber that was fished out of a Norwegian lake.

All my best to Everyone, jb

497Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/8/2011, 1:27 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everybody. It is a beautiful day up here in Donegal and I hope you are all doing ok.
JB just a little bit that was in our local newspaper today.
Canadian billionaire Galen Weston has donated thousands of pounds for the restoration of an RAF SPITFIRE which was dug up from Donegal bog. The aircraft that crashed in 1941 was the first one commissioned from a 100,000 pound donation made by Westons father Garfield. Weston has now invited the finder of the air craft his wife and 2 children to an all expences paid trip to Canada
where they will meet at a lavish event in Toronto.

498Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/8/2011, 10:28 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning to all the smiling faces in Ireland, I wish you all a happy and successful day. Don't forget to take your pills and reach out to someone today and brighten their day. A word from any of you, as I know you, would make any persons day a little brighter.

Be safe,

Hugs to all you ladies, high fives to the men who read this!

jb

499Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/8/2011, 6:13 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello all, hope you're all enjoying your evening, Patsy you ok?
just me checking again.

Take care Smile

500Hello Ireland - Page 20 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/8/2011, 10:10 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Wow Jb..Charley and Thomas would be welcome here anytime,beautiful pics,now i do feel much better..thank you my friend, Marie and everybody take care..

Ems x

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum