PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

726Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Happy Birthday 28/2/2011, 5:26 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Happy Birthday to Ann, Happy Birthday to Ann...la la la la la la la..happy birthday to you..hope you have a lovely day Ann..

Wobbly 1

Thank you, It was a nice moment looking at the wonderful pictures

728Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/2/2011, 5:49 am

jb49

jb49

Ah, Ems, that would be wonderful, now where do I get that airplane and fuel. (Someday, we will surprise you!)Thanks

729Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/2/2011, 3:45 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Seán..Woodstock Arms with a Pint of Guinness or Smithwicks which is brewed in Kilkenny....and a welcoming open fire awaits you.

Good weekend to you and Heidi
Em Smile

730Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/2/2011, 3:27 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland, Its still wintry here but the worst is over. I will put some taps in my maple trees this afternoon and wait for the sap to start running. It will have to warm up some more but I will get ready to go.

I would like to fly an airplane to Ireland tonite for supper in a warm pub with a blazing woodfire and have what? Shepherds pie?, With what kind of beer? What goes good with Requip Pills? Which pub?

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Sean

731Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/2/2011, 1:29 pm

jb49

jb49

The courser was going nuts. I will try to get this on again. Thanks for the comments on my pictures Ann. They were taken just with a little camera too. I was disappointed with the colour depth on my laptop, but I made some prints last nite that were better. Today I put the Memory Stick in the back of my TV and got a wonderful slide show with even better colour contrast. I'm older, this Tech stuff is so wonderful. I have no idea how any of it works but it borders on magic I think.

Anyways, If you ever see the dry cactus plains of Arizona, you would be shocked by how different it is from Ireland. I think! I have never seen your Island except in pictures. I hope to see it one day soon though. Sean

732Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Fabulous Photos 22/2/2011, 7:58 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

Wow, I can see that there are some fabulous photos here - it is giving me a longing to start uploading pics myself! These are really great!

Ann Wink

http://www.parkinsons.ie

733Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/2/2011, 6:06 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Jb/John/Sean

Absolutely fabulous photos..A heartfelt Thank you for your contributions to our forum i'm sure i can speak for our other members and posters here..

Thank you
Best wishes, Em

734Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/2/2011, 6:36 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040346-1

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040246-2

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040042

Hello Ireland - Page 30 CopyofP1040122

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040236

Hello Ireland, Its 2 in the morning here, I should go to bed but I promised myself to go to Ireland and post some pictures before hitting the hay. I hope you like these ones. I haven't posted much here of late. I post on an American based board and by the time I finish on it, times up! Have a good Sunday! Sean john jb

735Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/2/2011, 3:18 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 30 41b18138

Hello Ireland - Page 30 2486e475
Smile Smile Smile

736Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/2/2011, 12:20 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello to all and welcome to our new member Booth..hope to hear from you booth..
John pictures are stunning thanks again for sharing.. Lucy, Patsy, Anne and everybody how are ye all doing?

737Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/2/2011, 7:42 am

lucy

lucy

John if you keep sending we will sure keep looking.

738Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/2/2011, 1:14 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040352-1-1
Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040117-1

Hi Ireland, it has been a cold a snowy week in Canada. I found Arizona quite unlike any place I have ever been. Everybody have a good weekend. Do you want anymore pictures or have you had enough already. jb

739Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/2/2011, 12:19 am

jb49

jb49

C'mon Lucy, you can do it! Actually, I am not very good with computers, it is blind luck that anything happens.

I have been enjoying my pictures. It will be a good day to stay in and look at them too, minus 22 degrees C today here in Canada. Now aren't you glad your grandparents didn't emigrate to here?

So here comes some more. Feel free to use them however you may. I think Patsy asked about that last week.

Take care all of my Irish Parky Pals!

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040366

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040293

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040244

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040064

I hope you like these and I have more if you want!

740Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 10/2/2011, 9:23 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Morning to all..
Welcome to hewood our new member..great picture Ann thank you for sharing..

Jb..how are you any more pics? hello to everybody hope ye have a great day..
Em Smile

741Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty pictiur brea 8/2/2011, 5:49 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

Hello Ireland - Page 30 Sean_a10

I just clicked on Host an image (icon to the left of Image, and then it asked me where from and I chose to browse. It opened my pic folder and then the browser shut down. Did it again and it found the photo, I clicked Upload, and there appeared three windows with code in each and the word Copy to the right of each, so I picked the middle one and pasted it into my typing area, and if I can do it again then we may be getting somewhere. I took this on Aran - my youngest is the kid looking scared, and she is now 25 so it is a few years ago, and the others are my brother in law and his two girls. THe light was amazing that day. Developed the film and printed the photo myself. Good old days.

http://www.parkinsons.ie

742Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/2/2011, 2:02 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi to everybody..

Hope all is well with ye..and a warm welcome to our new member dearaliz please feel free to join in..
Best wishes
Em

743Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/2/2011, 8:09 am

Patsy

Patsy

lucy wrote:It's so not fair Ems Jb and Patsy can post lovely pictures and I can't so I might just go away and not come back. We would'nt be so lucky I hear you say, yes jb I even heard you in Canada. I am oh so sad. On second thoughts Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I am not sad I am very mad.

Hi Lucy This is my third attempt at posting, don't know where the other two went !!
If you want to post pictures I will help you to get started, just say the word .

Hello Ireland - Page 30 7cac3a86bec53e1a59c4e72d8da787de

Hello Ireland - Page 30 Sweet_happy_sunday

744Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 11:41 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

lucy wrote:It's so not fair Ems Jb and Patsy can post lovely pictures and I can't so I might just go away and not come back. We would'nt be so lucky I hear you say, yes jb I even heard you in Canada. I am oh so sad. On second thoughts im not sad I am very mad.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hey here's to our poetry expert.. 3 cheers for lucy..i can't compete with ye lot too professional for me..but sorry ye can't get rid of me yet!
Very Happy

745Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 10:13 pm

lucy

lucy

It's so not fair Ems Jb and Patsy can post lovely pictures and I can't so I might just go away and not come back. We would'nt be so lucky I hear you say, yes jb I even heard you in Canada. I am oh so sad. On second thoughts Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I am not sad I am very mad.

746Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 1:35 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Your pictures are Hello Ireland - Page 30 Awesomer lets see some more of them.

Do you mind if I copy them?

Hello Ireland - Page 30 Z54rsxluum
Hello Ireland - Page 30 24

747Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 5:54 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi folks..Wow pictures are so beautiful jb..thanks for sharing and again for keeping us updated..and Roxy was happy..take care all
Em

Hello Ireland - Page 30 HaveaFunDay

748Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 5:23 am

jb49

jb49

The drive into Sedona was beautiful when all of these red rock formations came into viewWant any more? jb

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040111-2

749Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/2/2011, 5:06 am

jb49

jb49

Never been in a helicopter before. It gave a spectacular view of the Canyon.
Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040197
Every night offered up a new sunset.
Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040268[img]

750Hello Ireland - Page 30 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/2/2011, 7:02 pm

jb49

jb49

Patsy, you are too kind with your lovely graphics and flowers. Thank you. I apologize for being slow to catch you people up on my trip. I hope i don't sound like a Braggy guy or anything, we really haven't travelled much in 33 yrs of marriage. I'm just excited by it all and wish to share it with you, thanks.

Thursday was our last full day in Tucson. We went to a nearby outdoor museum and were treated to a free flight demonstration of Raptors: owls, ravens, hawks, falcons. They flew really close to our heads grabbing meatchunks from the trainer. We also saw havenas, rattlesnakes, coyotes and a bird aviary. After lunch, we drove down to Tubac, close to Mexico to an artisan town. Finally I bought an authentic Southwest Weaving. I had intended to get a blanket, turns out I could only afford a small mat for the buffet top. It looks nice. We bought a few more souvies, and drove back to Tucson, stopping to take Aunt Doris and Uncle Allan for dinner.

Back at the rental we repacked suitcases to be ready for morning. We flew from Tucson to Los Angeles and then direct to Toronto. The flights were lovely. Except for the gropedown (cause my metal hip joints gets everyone excited even though I tell them it is going to beep) and the cramped seats. Back at Toronto, we clear customs at midnite, shuttle bus back to the hotel and Heidis car. We sleep over and home the next day after a 2 hr drive. Roxy stayed at the neighbours and when we went to pick her up, she acted like she didn't know us.

I will post some pics if you want like this one:

Hello Ireland - Page 30 P1040246-1

As a stumbly Parky, I had to be careful along the edge of the trail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum