PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

751Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/2/2011, 4:21 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 31 CanadaC

Hello Ireland - Page 31 F18dc8fd

Looking forward to seeing your pictures !!!!!!!!!

jb, Yes "If us Momma's ain't happy then nobody is happy"

So here is some flowers for Heidi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Ireland - Page 31 Flowers-3Hello Ireland - Page 31 Flowers-7

Keep well
Patsy !!!!!!!!!!

752Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 31/1/2011, 6:22 am

jb49

jb49

Sorry I get behind, being a tourist, and everything. I'm home now but I might as well finish it up, bored you this far no use in quitting.

After the canyon we stayed near Phoenix Tues night. Parking in the dark I didn't see what awaited me in the morning. If I thought the canyon was the 7th natural wonder of the world, the discount factory outlet mallacross the street, was the 8th for my wife as the morning sun glittered off of it.

I laid the law down, 1 HR. AND THATS ALL. So I snoozed in the car, got something to eat, got out a bottle of water, washed the car, changed its oil, rotated the tires, went for a haircut, wrote a novel, man this a long hour, accepted parcels for the trunk from the mall manager, slept, got something to eat, read War and Peace,took my pills again, and was just back from 2nd haircut when that allowed hour was over. She was happy, I'm happy that she was happy cause whether in Ireland, I am presuming, or Canada, "If the Momma ain't happy, nobody is going to be happy"

We got back to Tucson, and Doris and Allan, played cards into the night. I slept poorly that night, dreaming I was in a haunted house and woke myself up with a girly scream. It was quite funny in the morning.

Did I tell you that in the yard in Tucson, we pick a grapefruit for breakfast every morning.

Soon I may have some pictures to post.

Stay tuned! JB

753Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Welcome 29/1/2011, 9:38 pm

Patsy

Patsy

MarieB
Hello Ireland - Page 31 ImagesCAEH3NI0 to the forum.

I see you are in the forum right now.

Tell us a bit about yourself, where you are from ? how long have you PD?, how are you coping?

Please do come back again
Patsy !!!!

754Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/1/2011, 8:55 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everybody..
It's very cold here this morning but dry..Seán hope all is well with you, Heidi, aunt Doris etc..and your still enjoyng.

Patsy, Eleanor and not forgetting our Lucy, well ladies i really enjoyed our chat last night thank you..may they be more.

Good day to you all
em

755Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/1/2011, 1:26 am

lucy

lucy

lucy wrote:Hi JB
You sure sound like your enjoying your holiday. T Very Happy
here is one thing that puzzles me would'nt you think that they wouldfill up that big gash in the ground,we have had pot holes that size but at least we had the good sense to fill them.

Happy Holidays
ps nearly forgot put my name down for the bus trip.

756Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/1/2011, 1:22 am

lucy

lucy

Hi JB
You sure sound like your enjoying your holiday. T Very Happy
here is one thing that puzzles me would'nt you think that they wouldfill up that big gash in the ground,we have had pot holes that size but at least we had the good sense to fill them.

Happy Holidays

757Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty grand canyon wrapup 27/1/2011, 12:35 am

jb49

jb49

Morning Ireland, thanks for listening. Next year, I will borrow a bus, nip off to Ottawa, meet a charter plane full of Parkys from Ireland, that is you guys, show you around Ottawa, drive to Toronto for a couple days, Niagara falls is a must and then drive to the Grand Canyon, I know the route now, Wouldn't that be a trip?

Anyways, yesterday we drove back to that big gash in the ground and toured along the south rim stopping at all the lookouts and native ruins, We did the souvy shops at the end and left the park, The landscape is treed and sloped down and we get to a lower plateau that is flat but scarred by canyons in every direction. Vegetation is pale, sparse and the land is given over to sheep farming. I am tired all of a sudden and don't care to see another tee shirt, postcard or the inside of a car. I've been on the road for 18 days or so, and being a homebody at heart, I'm ready to wrap up this trip. So at the junction where we make a big loop back to Tucson and Doris and Alan or a short direct one down the interstate, we go for the quicker one. The drive is nice, up hill and down, despite the earpopping. Yesterday we drove about 300 miles. The roads are excellent but I don't like being pushed along by traffic and big trucks. I slept good last night. I am fine today, We will get back to Tucson early in the evening. One thing I do enjoy is meeting people and as a tourist, it is easy for me to strike up conversation with people. I don't know how many pictures we took for strangers at the Canyon.

Anyways, be strong Ireland, Sean Cool

O

758Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/1/2011, 7:26 am

Patsy

Patsy

jb49 wrote:Hi Ireland. I hope I don't sound braggy about this trip, never travelled much before, anyways here goes.

On Sunday noon we drove North from Sedona on a goat trail towards Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. The road dropped vertical on the one side and rose into a vertical wall on the other. Layers of exposed red rock warmed in the afternoon sunlight. As we continued, the road became curved more often and began to switch back and forth looking for room to rise up out of the valley. With me driving and pointing out good pictures for Heidi to take we rose a thousand feet in a few miles, enough that our ears were popping. Everywhere you look, there was a picture. Topping out on the plateau, we drove another 100 miles to the Park, We saw an IMAX movie about the canyon that almost was too real. We drove into the park, checked out the historic hotels and decided to go back outside the park boundary for a modern hotel. This morning, we decided to spend more money than we planned and went for a helicopter ride over the canyon. After landing, we drove back into the park, walked along the rim trail which offered a thousand spots where a stumbly parky could fall into eternity. We took lots of pictures, finishing up with a sunset over the distant rim cliffs. Back to town again which is only a ten minute drive we picked up pizza and beer and wings. Watching a movie in bed now. I am having fun, I hope that you can picture it and don't hate me for having such a good time. Anybody sign up for a postcard on the private messages,

BE STRONG EVERYONE!
Hello Ireland - Page 31 3d23b2c6

We shall forgive you for bragging this time, (ha ha).
It does seem that ye are having a brilliant time, Do continue to keep us posted.
Patsy!!!!

759Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/1/2011, 4:42 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi
Hello Ireland - Page 31 2145c84b to the forum.

Lets hope we hear some more from you.
Patsy !!!!

760Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/1/2011, 10:50 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

'Morning to all (almost afternoon)

A warm welcome to Paula our new member feel free to join in Paula..

Sounds great john/jb wish i was there lol..glad you are enjoying..lucy, patsy (any news with you?), ann, porter, i always forget someone so everybody take care..
Em

761Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Grand Canyon 25/1/2011, 5:49 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Ireland. I hope I don't sound braggy about this trip, never travelled much before, anyways here goes.

On Sunday noon we drove North from Sedona on a goat trail towards Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. The road dropped vertical on the one side and rose into a vertical wall on the other. Layers of exposed red rock warmed in the afternoon sunlight. As we continued, the road became curved more often and began to switch back and forth looking for room to rise up out of the valley. With me driving and pointing out good pictures for Heidi to take we rose a thousand feet in a few miles, enough that our ears were popping. Everywhere you look, there was a picture. Topping out on the plateau, we drove another 100 miles to the Park, We saw an IMAX movie about the canyon that almost was too real. We drove into the park, checked out the historic hotels and decided to go back outside the park boundary for a modern hotel. This morning, we decided to spend more money than we planned and went for a helicopter ride over the canyon. After landing, we drove back into the park, walked along the rim trail which offered a thousand spots where a stumbly parky could fall into eternity. We took lots of pictures, finishing up with a sunset over the distant rim cliffs. Back to town again which is only a ten minute drive we picked up pizza and beer and wings. Watching a movie in bed now. I am having fun, I hope that you can picture it and don't hate me for having such a good time. Anybody sign up for a postcard on the private messages,

BE STRONG EVERYONE!

762Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/1/2011, 6:17 am

lucy

lucy

It looks like you and Heidi are really enjoying your holiday and thanks for taking the time to post. Keep posting.

763Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2011, 5:36 pm

jb49

jb49

My parky fingers just sent another reply into the wild blue yonder. Here goes again. Heidi and I drove a rented car 230 miles north today to Sedona, It was a beautiful drive climbing up hills and coasting into valleys as the mountains rose up around us. We are in a lovely hotel with a view of the red rock face of the mountains. The town is nested in a small valley that is circled by red rock rims, towering buttes and mesas, The seams of rock are exposed to the sun and snapping cameras of every tourist here. The sky is full of clear sunshine which shadows , lights and changes the colours of the rock in turn as the day goes on to finish up in a dazzling sunrset. Tomorrow, I hope to catch a sedona sunrise but my small camera will do it no justice. It is a big country here with huge vistas to see. Hope you aren;t bored, john

764Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2011, 3:50 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Seán/jb, thank you for keeping us updated..I'm glad you are all enjoying.. ye deserve it,and wow the grand canyon..say hello to Heidi for us and just enjoy..

Best wishes and take care
Em & the gang. Smile

765Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty hELLO FROM tUCSON 22/1/2011, 2:45 pm

jb49

jb49

Sorry for dropping out on you guys. We arrived at this rental house, fresh grapefruit and oranges growing in the sideyard, but no internet. I walked out to the payphone to talk to heidi and encountered a coyote. affraid Because we arrived on a friday afternoon, and monday following the weekend was a holiday, it was Thursday before the wireless internet could be activated. I'm trying to get caught up. Heidi arrived here in Tucson on Wednesday evening. We are having fun with uncle and aunt but tomorrow sweety pie and me are heading to the grand canyon. I will try to keep you up to date. The mornings are cool here at 45 F but the days heat up quick to 78 or so. If anyone does a private message to me and gives their mailing address, I will send you a postcard from Arizona.

Hope everyone is ok and feeling STRONG!

love to all, Sean

766Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/1/2011, 9:18 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good Morning' all..message from Jb..says he's wired and will catch up soon..i'm sure there's a reasonable explanation..( looking forward to that jb..lol

767Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/1/2011, 10:48 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello to all..

Hope all is well in Parky land..you guys are great i will say, Jb with your stories, Lucy with your poetry and Patsy with your brilliant pics..where does that leave me Crying or Very sad lol..thanks guys hope you all have a great day..

768Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/1/2011, 8:26 am

lucy

lucy

Thank you Patsy I must say you are brilliant a putting up those pics I wouldnt have a clue but if I sit at this pc much longer it will swallow more tham grandma up but then again it would probably spit me out again.

769Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/1/2011, 11:44 am

Patsy

Patsy

lucy wrote:JB I hope you are enjoying your holiday and that your doing ok we shall expect full report when you get home.

Then all of a sudden he slammed on the breaks
My God aunty doris we have made a mistake
I'm tired I'm hungry I cant go any further
And these bloody high heels they really are murder
I just want to go home I simply dont care
And i'm taking no chances in ruining my hair
then all of a sudden he heard heidi say
Get up now jb we've not got all day
He woke up to find things wer'nt what they seemed
And was delighted to find it was only a dream

Hello Ireland - Page 31 2151da4b

Hello Ireland - Page 31 C60ff2d5

Smile Smile

770Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/1/2011, 12:55 am

lucy

lucy

JB I hope you are enjoying your holiday and that your doing ok we shall expect full report when you get home.

Then all of a sudden he slammed on the breaks
My God aunty doris we have made a mistake
I'm tired I'm hungry I cant go any further
And these bloody high heels they really are murder
I just want to go home I simply dont care
And i'm taking no chances in ruining my hair
then all of a sudden he heard heidi say
Get up now jb we've not got all day
He woke up to find things wer'nt what they seemed
And was delighted to find it was only a dream

771Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/1/2011, 4:10 pm

jb49

jb49

you girls got way too much time on your hands. Good laughs, keep it up Love to all you ladies HighFives to the gents

772Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty lets get it straight 14/1/2011, 4:07 pm

jb49

jb49

Thinking he had replied to this post,and wondering (worries) where that story went, JB files this report.(again)

No I didn't leave uncle and aunt in Lubbock, I let them ride in the trunk. The troopers were looking for 3 of us. Not 1 person and I am barely recognisable dressed in Aunt Doris's sun dress with the falsies, wig and high heels, (damn, I have to shave legs again tonite) Anyways, had a nice trip from Lubbock, The open plains are spectacular, and as we approached Albequerque low mountains, pushing up from the ground, nestle this city like a loving Mum holding a wee one between two hands. The rich Spanish and Native decor is evident and warm wherever you look, and here I go on like a wanna be Keats when really I am a man on the run.

The troopers had the closest McDonald staked out for takedown on me but I went for the Mexican Styled Cantina for burritos and Coronas and they missed me, later that evening though

A knock at the door, I jump out of my skin
That isn't room service. The troopers wanted in.
"Just a minute boys", sexylike, as I slip on my dress,
And Tie the sheets together; escaping this mess.

Out the window to the ground, My boobs out of place
Across the street to the car, applying blush to my face
Rev up the car. Lay some rubber and head out of town
Talking to the Uncle and Auntie, keep your heads down

Drive down to El Paso, the rising sun shines on the rocks
Time to let them out the trunk, I open the locks.
The big mystery remains, It almost lead to my arrest,
How do you girls run in high heels and a dress?

773Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/1/2011, 11:47 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Jb..think you'd better get in here fight your corner..before the next Newsflash..

774Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Hello Ireland 14/1/2011, 11:38 am

Patsy

Patsy

lucy wrote:The entire Lubbock police force are at present searching the motel where the fututive was reported to have slept in an attempt to establish his next move. Much to their horror they found that he has offloaded most of his possessions including his aunt and uncle who were reported to be travelling with him. This goes to show that this man will go to any length to avoid beign captured.

Aunt and Uncle found Disco dancing!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 31 414

Got tired !!!! then,
Hello Ireland - Page 31 8e96eea3 Hello Ireland - Page 31 Fy87
Hello Ireland - Page 31 83ec39bc

775Hello Ireland - Page 31 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/1/2011, 5:41 am

lucy

lucy

Newsflash from RTE (jb Irish television)
We have just received information from a trusted source that a local irish woman is in cahoots with the dangerous gun slinger and may provide him with food and shelter should he try and make his way to Ireland. Gardi are working undercover watching a small town a few hours from Dublin. Thats all the information we have on that story for the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum