PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

701Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty quiet here 16/4/2011, 8:04 pm

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

I am not sure what can be done about the apparent reluctance of people to come into the forum - I know we had the same problem with similar over the years.

The PAI website is being changed and relaunched and I am not sure where the link to this will be, so in the meantime I am going to put a link to it on our young onset website www.pdpals.com some time today. Regardless of where it ends up it will be maintained, and open to all ages!

http://www.parkinsons.ie

702Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/4/2011, 5:43 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland,

This is Roxie speaking, Master Sean fell asleep a long time ago. I am part blue heeler, part border collie and 100 per cent sweet. likes: table scraps, cats that run when chased, going for walks and nosing through the garbage when no one home. Dislikes: cats that turn on me when they should be running, getting caught sleeping on the couch, lightning storms.

And getting my tail stepped on by Sean, he's been clumsier the last 4 years, doesn't walk as fast either. Oh well, he's only human.

703Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 10/4/2011, 10:08 am

jb49

jb49

I agree Em. You have a lovely setup here, easy to navigate, just too quiet. I think that everybody wants to talk about something but are shy about writing it down. I'm not so shy am I. Probably the opposite and people want me to be quiet. Hope I don't embarass any friends. You have probably noticed that sometimes I write stuff when obviously I don't really have any thing to say. But I always think of a lovely chatroom that was in the USA. It was always there but underused. Till one day it closed and everybody who took it for granted now misses it.
And another point. The sense of a community is a strong force if cultivated. On another board I visit we have a sick friend who enjoys the daily exchanges as read to him by his wife. It helps him stay in touch with his Parky friends. But that sense of community doesn't happen if people don't come forward. Heh, I have said enough. "way too damn much said a gruff voice from the back" I'll be back. Love to all, john

704Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty posters please! 10/4/2011, 1:11 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello jb, lucy, patsy, eleanor and ann if you guys are looking in..sometimes i wonder and i am sure I'm not the only one, does anybody read our posts besides ourselves as it gets so quiet here or are you guys shy or having PC trouble? We have a wide range of topics if you click under General tab you can see for yourselves please feel free to post a reply or create your own topic..

Have a lovely day everybody enjoy the sun while we have it..
Ems

705Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/4/2011, 11:05 pm

jb49

jb49

Yes, it is decided. I will totally ignore behind the fridge. If I am coming to Ireland it will be with shining armour to rescue fair damsels in distress, I couldn't show up in my scrub clothes and mop bucket now could I? Either outfit though, I must clear it with my good wife. Could be tricky!

I went to a Parkinson meeting out of town last night. (100 kms) Our group leader was invited to talk to this group and so another friend from our chapter and I went to join in. We had a nice time with them.

We have Parkinsons whether we are grumpy about it or positive. It is easier to deal with it, I find, if you can stay a little upbeat about things. Not always easy, but always worth the try.

Have good days everybody, best, and sincere wishes to you all. john

706Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/4/2011, 10:40 pm

lucy

lucy

I dont know about the fridge (who the hell started on about fridges anyway it must have been ems or patsy it wasent me or you lol) Anyway I was in a house a couple of years ago and the postman had just delivered the mail there was a neighbour there as well and what do you think he did, he got up and opened the mail and looked at it. I could'nt believe it.

707Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/4/2011, 10:36 am

jb49

jb49

Now who is going to be looking behind the fridge anyways Lucy?

708Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/4/2011, 7:33 am

lucy

lucy

jb49 wrote:Heh Ireland, you aren't hibernating I hope. Everyone OK? Much too quiet over there, should I sail to Europe and see if everyone is asleep on the Emerald Isle?, like a fairy tale gone amok. Will I have to hack my way through a bramble hedge, climb the tower and kiss someone to get you all back to life.

"Heidi. Pack my machete and mouthwash, I'm off to Ireland in the morning"

No way jb you have done enough galavanting for one year now go and get some housework done and dont forget to sweep behind the fridge.

709Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/4/2011, 11:50 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning Ireland,

I think it is Mothers day there. One of the most important jobs that take place in this world is bringing up the next generation of kids. It is a never ending job. Happy Mothers day to every Mother or Mothering Person on this forum, jb

710Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/3/2011, 1:31 pm

jb49

jb49

Heh Ireland, you aren't hibernating I hope. Everyone OK? Much too quiet over there, should I sail to Europe and see if everyone is asleep on the Emerald Isle?, like a fairy tale gone amok. Will I have to hack my way through a bramble hedge, climb the tower and kiss someone to get you all back to life.

"Heidi. Pack my machete and mouthwash, I'm off to Ireland in the morning"

711Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/3/2011, 1:00 am

jb49

jb49

Why its a beautiful day here in Ontario Em, -5 cels, and the sun is ashining. Hopefully it warms up enough this afternoon to let the sap run, we have made about 40 litrs of syrup now with more bubbling in the pan. Big time sucker. In fact I gotta get back to the shack now, Have good days everyone, sorry I have been absent, love to all sean

712Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/3/2011, 8:14 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning Friends..gosh it's quiet here hope everybody is ok,
Jb/john/sean ..what's the weather like in Ontario? Lucy? Frances/wobbly 1? Ann? Eleanor? etc..are ye ok?

Patsy hope your feeling bit better since we spoke last..we miss your colourful pictures..take care patsy.

Everybody take care
Em Smile

Last edited by ems on 23/3/2011, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling..)

713Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/3/2011, 1:16 am

jb49

jb49

Happy St. Patricks Day to all my Irish friends, Hope you all have a good day and I wish I was there. Love to all, Sean

714Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Happy St Patricks Day 17/3/2011, 7:36 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good day to everybody..

715Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/3/2011, 6:57 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Seán/john ..for your kind comment glad you feel comfortable on our site..how's everybody else out there? any plans for St Patrick's day?..

Take care everybody
Em

716Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/3/2011, 12:56 pm

jb49

jb49

This is a comfortable website. I have been on other sites and it seems to take forever to type out a post and then Mr. Requip puts me to sleep. Bottom line is this: I always intend to drop in and say hi but I run out of wakeful hours. But like a warm spot by the fireplace, you are always here, and always make me welcome. Thank you. john Sean

717Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/3/2011, 12:34 pm

jb49

jb49

Patsy, I too missed the party. But if you decide to cut the cake in that picture, could you please pass me a virtual triangle of it. Looks too yummy to ignore. Sean

PS would virtual triangles of virtual cake stick to my belly and make my pants virtually too tight?

718Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/3/2011, 12:16 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

hi frances..im in chat room now..

719Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty friends 11/3/2011, 12:06 am

Wobbly 1

Hi to any one out there. I have access to a PC for over 10 years and I am still baffled by it all.
I would love to chat by this forum or in chat with other people with the
gift of Parkinsons Rolling Eyes anybody innterested?
Frances

720Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/3/2011, 1:19 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Sorry I missed the party.

Hello Ireland - Page 29 3d1f1ccd Hello Ireland - Page 29 Eb9874ba

"Better late than never"

721Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/3/2011, 1:00 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Ann.

Hello Ireland - Page 29 Com058
I have trouble posting, so here goes another try !!!!

Hello Ireland - Page 29 8dde1dc4
Hello Ireland - Page 29 6f4c3b48

722Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2011, 2:39 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

jb49 wrote:Happy Birthday Ann, did I miss out on the cake? Its Maple syrup season Ems, trade you syrup for scones?

Sounds yummy..your on!

723Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/3/2011, 11:39 pm

jb49

jb49

If anyone wishes, I could make a link to some more Arizona pics, (Wobbly, Anne?)but I don't want to bore any one. Sean

724Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/3/2011, 11:33 pm

jb49

jb49

Happy Birthday Ann, did I miss out on the cake? Its Maple syrup season Ems, trade you syrup for scones?

725Hello Ireland - Page 29 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/3/2011, 10:37 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Anyone out there?? helloooo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum