PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

426Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/9/2011, 3:59 am

katie

WELL SPOTTED MARIE,

I AM IN SUNNY MAJORCA AT THE MOMENT. IM GLAD THAT THE OP WENT WELL AND YOU ARE NOT FEELING TOO POORLY.TIME IS THE BEST HEALER. I,V JUST DISCOVERED THE INTERNET HERE IN THE HOTEL, ITS DIFFICULT TO GET TO USE IT. IM GOING HOME AT THE WEEKEND, SO BACK TO NORMAL THEN.

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU. TAKE CARE

KATIE

427Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Hello Ireland 26/9/2011, 3:07 am

MarieB

Hi everybody and thanks for all your lovely messages. They were much appreciated.

Am recovering nicely . No pain from op, but PD is having a field day. Usually very active which tends to keep Mr P in check but inevitable rest from exercise has given him an opportunity to go for the jugular! Very shaky and wobbly today but I'm sure that will ease and I'll soon be back to my old self.
Great to be back in touch and before I forget, hope you are having a good birthday Mike.
Also hope you and Sean have recovered fully by now Ems.

Loved the doggy picture Patsy, thank you.

Your research sounds interesting Ann. Have one or two funny incidents from my hospital stay to relate!

Are you away Katie? Would be good to catch up. Love to all and big hugs all-round . Better go easy if you're next to me! xxxxxxxx

428Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/9/2011, 11:22 pm

jb49

jb49

Good morning Ireland,

I hope that you all enjoy a lovely day!

jb

429Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/9/2011, 7:14 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Ann wrote:
jb49 wrote:Hello Ireland, I'll keep my voice down cause I theenk that Ems has slipped back into a snooze. zzzzz

Lucy, I would love to see those beautiful Donegal hills one day.

Marie, thinking of you.

Rusty, Ireland I think is a beautiful place to go for a walk in the greenery, just like your Florida. Difference being, in Ireland I wouldn't have to worry about Giant lizards called Alligators ripping my leg off.

Have good days,

jb

I am enjoying a break with Liam - we had serious debates over when to come here, work diaries being consulted, and here we are in my favourite place on earth and I am not only being being alive but allergic to the bites so self control- no scratching- plus eagle eyed mosquito huntin' all makes for an interesting time. Still too hot for comfort, and I am working on this DBS conference in Croke Park Conf Centre also- And btw price drop on that one to €20 for pwps and carers go free AND get the hot lunch also! Oct 1 just in case anyone wants to go... All thanks to more sponsorship. I may even be talking, now there's something! Cool
www.dbsdublin.com
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"""
______________o0o O O o0o_____
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

mmm sounds lovely Ann enjoy your break both of you..x

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

jb49 wrote:Hello Ireland, I'll keep my voice down cause I theenk that Ems has slipped back into a snooze. zzzzz

Marie, thinking of you.

Rusty, Ireland I think is a beautiful place to go for a walk in the greenery, just like your Florida. Difference being, in Ireland I wouldn't have to worry about Giant lizards called Alligators ripping my leg off.

Have good days,

jb

I am enjoying a break with Liam - we had serious debates over when to come here, work diaries being consulted, and here we are in my favourite place on earth and I am not only being being alive but allergic to the bites so self control- no scratching- plus eagle eyed mosquito huntin' all makes for an interesting time. Still too hot for comfort, and I am working on this DBS conference in Croke Park Conf Centre also- And btw price drop on that one to €20 for pwps and carers go free AND get the hot lunch also! Oct 1 just in case anyone wants to go... All thanks to more sponsorship. I may even be talking, now there's something! Cool
www.dbsdublin.com
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"""
______________o0o O O o0o_____
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

http://www.parkinsons.ie

431Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/9/2011, 5:32 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Mike I see you have a birthday coming up shortly so have a good one. Another year older and wiser.

432Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/9/2011, 5:15 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello everybody..

Patsy, hope your appointment went well..Jb,Mike,and ladies..have a good weekend

Emsx

433Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty good morning 21/9/2011, 10:55 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland, I'll keep my voice down cause I theenk that Ems has slipped back into a snooze. zzzzz

Marie, thinking of you.

Have good days,

jb

434Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/9/2011, 3:50 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all
It's 5.50am here in Ireland woke up early and Seán gets up at 6.30 so i may stay up now.

Hi Ann nice to hear from you,Marie let us know how you are when you feel up to it..everybody enjoy the day ahead..zzzzzzzzz Sleep
Ems

435Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/9/2011, 12:18 am

lucy

lucy

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Its a lovely day here up in the hills of Donegal. I hope this finds you all well. Marie I will be thinking of you today

436Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/9/2011, 11:17 am

Patsy

Patsy

Marie

Hello Ireland - Page 18 Cc1ad7f1 tomorrow I will be Hello Ireland - Page 18 Fa4983e6 Hello Ireland - Page 18 8917d1f0#

I am back to see my own neurologist tomorrow also.

Take care everybody !!!

Patsy !!!!

437Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/9/2011, 11:13 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi to everybody..ill echo Jb's words where did cathy go? katie,marie,patsy,mike,lucy,our jb and anybody else looking in hope all's well.

Marie we'll be thinking of you tomorrow hope everything goes well,all the best dear friend x

Ems

Last edited by ems on 20/9/2011, 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

438Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/9/2011, 6:14 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning friends..
Well Jb's done the role call lol hope everyone's ok out there.

thank you all for the kind wishes i am a better today and is it contagious??? well Seán got it round same time so hard to tell i guess.

hugs to all and have a good day
Ems x

439Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/9/2011, 1:21 pm

jb49

jb49

Ems, hope you get feeling better fast, where did Cathy go?, Lucy, you okay? Good luck MarieB, gee I make that sound like you are going to the horse races, Katy, whatssup and fist bumps to Mike. I got PD, did I get everyone included, Grouphug and good weekend to all. Oooooh, is Bronchitis contagious and the painter must be be using a big brush Marie or else it would take him ages.

440Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Hello Ireland 17/9/2011, 1:51 am

MarieB

Thanks Katie,

Have a good weekend everyone. The painting is on schedule so with a bit of luck, I'll come home to a completely renovated house. I know my beloved will try very hard but won't remember where things go and as much as I'll want to move things, I know I won't be able to and that will be a hard learning curve for me. Actually, I'll be so glad to get things over and done with, I'll settle for chaos and promise not to whinge! Roll on Monday"......

Love Marie xxxxxxxxz

441Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/9/2011, 1:23 am

katie

Hope you all have a great weekend. Glad your back ems and I hope you are feeling better soon. Good luck on monday Marie, we will be thinking of you

Take care all.

Katie

442Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/9/2011, 12:15 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 18 0c94c4f9

443Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/9/2011, 5:33 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks Mike and Marie..i'll be grand in a couple of days..
Ems x

444Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Hello Ireland 16/9/2011, 12:57 am

MarieB

Poor you Ems,
What a welcome home after your trip. Probably cooking it up before you went and once the body relaxes,, bam the old immune system is off guard and you end up with bronchitis! Glad you got to doc yesterday and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and you feel better soon.
Take care Ems, we all missed you and are so pleased to have you back safely.

Love Mariex

and love to Seanx

445Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/9/2011, 11:52 pm

rustytinman

rustytinman

Hey ems - get well soon.

446Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/9/2011, 8:56 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi to all..lovely pic Jb..raspberries look yummy..yes Sweden was lovely and i met Gaz good ole fiesty but lovely gaz..

Anyway i am about to start a course of antibiotics for bronchitis now..after a visit to the doc yesterday..
take care all you parkies
Ems x

447Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/9/2011, 3:50 pm

jb49

jb49

Well I'm glad you are back Ems. I'm sure that you must of had a good time. Did you see Gaz there? Same old stuff here. Autumn is approaching here in Canada. My Garden is full of vegetables to be harvested and stored.
Hello Ireland - Page 18 P1050402

picking these raspberries is a good workout for my Parky Paw. They are called Everbearing and will have berries coming ripe until they freeze usually about the end of October.

Everybody be strong, jb

448Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty I'm back! 13/9/2011, 6:43 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey there all, back again safe and sound after a refreshing few days in Sweden..sunshine,party and parky chat..good to see so many posts i still need to catch up..bye for now x

449Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/9/2011, 1:39 pm

jb49

jb49

Okay:

Good imagination Lucy
Good luck on the overhaul Marie
Good Luck Dancing, Cathy
Rusty, you should take dancing classes too

And it turns out that the Moose was actually 2 escaped convicts in a big old Moose Suit. They had escaped a Berlin prison, and under the unknowing protection of GreenPeace and PETA, they did make it to Sweden. Had they laid off the fermented apples they were about to live a free life in the forests of Sweden. Asked for a quote the head (ha! ha!, joke)of the pair was quoted as saying "we almoosed did it!" and then roared with laughter at his pun. Suspect

450Hello Ireland - Page 18 Empty great weekend to all 11/9/2011, 6:36 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

Here's wishing all a great weekend - I'm kind of late posting today due to a severe laziness attack brought on by the previous five days in the office, weekend laundry, etc.

EMS, please be on the lookout for drunken moose - I saw a story on the news this week about a moose in Sweden that got itself stuck in a small tree. They said the moose had been eating fermented apples and had a few too many. Appearently this is a common problem this time of year in Sweden as there are piles of fallen apples lying about here and there. So, if you happen to be in Sweden in September, keep your eyes peeled for any moose that is acting strangely, or seems to have an unsteady walk, or aguing with its freinds over the latest government proposal to make life better, or placing wreckless bets on sporting events. The moose could actually be drunk. OK, I made up the part about betting, everyone knows that moose are notoriously tight with their money, but I actually did see a report about a drunken moose in Sweden on the news this week.

Lucy, I hope you soon have the good news that you are waiting for.

Marie - it's risky for a man to comment, but I hope all goes well for you. Every woman that I know personally who had that proceedure done did very well in the long run. But, who wouldn't have some concernes before a major operation. But I'm sure it won't be long before you can look back and say, whew, I'm glad that's over.

Cathy - fingers crossed

Everyone else - have a great weekend wherever you may be!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum