PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

526Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/8/2011, 10:51 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 22 8c013c2f Hello Ireland - Page 22 9d12a976

Hello Ireland - Page 22 465585f7

Lucy I had visitors during the week, and did not get to read all posts, hence the late b/wishes.

Hello Ireland - Page 22 Ee22cbc5 Hello Ireland - Page 22 03f81169

527Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/8/2011, 6:56 am

katie

Hi girls & Jb

Hope you are all keeping well and happy.

I was visiting my mam today, and did get to go down town to the arts festival.. We visited the Butler Centre, some lovely art there and managed to get a nice painting of hook head, we then went to james street, to our lady of fair love, they had some lovely crafts there. We had a lovely stroll around the city and went into kytlers inn for our lunch. There were lots of tourists around the city and the place was buzzing.

I'm sure we will get to meet sooner or later Marie.

Take care you lot,

Love

Katie

528Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Hello Ireland 14/8/2011, 4:36 am

MarieB

Hi ems,
You missed me too on the chat room last night. I logged in as you logged out!

Think I mentioned earlier this week that we were going to the Arts Festival. Its right on our doorstep so we are lucky. Friday was the equivalent of 'Armageddan' Irish style- the Butler lecture at St Canices Cathedral given by Prof Morgan Kelly. His reputation for doom and gloom goes before him but actually he wasn't as negative as expected. What he said made a lot of sense and I think he's right when he says it will be another ten years at least before there will be any sign of an economic upturn He got a standing ovation so his message struck a chord with the packed audience.
Tuesday night was the turn of T with the Maggies with Donal Lunny. That was a magical feast of harmonizing of voice, piano, fiddle and harp together with their magnetic stage presence, First saw them on the Late late show.
Wednesday was absolutely the ticket!. Had'n't expected to enjoy as knew nothing about this strange mongolian group called Hanggai. They actually turned out to be chinese who play mongolian hard rock! They were sounds extraordinaire, a definite 'must see'. The atmosphere was electric and we were rocking in the aisles and anywhere else one could find a space! Have since looked them up on the internet and it seems they have quite a following on youtube. 'Zagga Zagga' and the 'drinking song' are brilliant.
During the week we visited lots of exhibitions. We had more time than usual this week as the grandchildren are away on holiday.
Did you manage to get into Kilkenny Katie? Sorry I forgot to ask -we might have been able to meet up.

Hope the above gives a flavor. Kilkenny is a great place to live as there are so many festivals throughout the year.

Love Marie

529Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/8/2011, 3:29 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

aah well Friday has to eat too Jb..;lol

Hey Katie or Marie, did either of you make into the Arts week in Kilkenny, supposed to be buzzing there today..sorry i didn't go myself only today i had other stuff to do, school books, uniform etc..yes that time of the year again..

how's Patsy, Lucy and sorry i just missed Porterboy in chat last night..
Take care all
Ems x

530Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Prize money 13/8/2011, 2:31 pm

jb49

jb49

There once was a horse named Friday
Who certainly screwed up My Day
Right before Lucy's Eyes
He swallowed the big prize
Out 50 Euros, it became my Cryday

531Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/8/2011, 3:47 am

lucy

lucy

jb49 wrote:Hi Em, yes I have missed a couple days. We have had our son and dil overnightx2 and last nite our daughter Kate and sil came round to drop 3 kids and they are going to Toronto for an overnite today. Just busy and didn't get online.

Also little blue and down in the mouth because Lucy fed the prize money to the horse.

Have good days everybody.
JB you sure know how to make a girl feel guilty (notice the girl bit)

532Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/8/2011, 11:40 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

you are a busy man Jb.take no notice of me don't mean to pry just checking my friends are ok..

How is Friday by the way Lucy 50euro's a lot of money to swallow.lol

533Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty just busy 12/8/2011, 10:54 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Em, yes I have missed a couple days. We have had our son and dil overnightx2 and last nite our daughter Kate and sil came round to drop 3 kids and they are going to Toronto for an overnite today. Just busy and didn't get online.

Also little blue and down in the mouth because Lucy fed the prize money to the horse.

Have good days everybody.

534Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/8/2011, 7:01 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all,

Sun is shining now lets hope it lasts..you ok Jb? or just taking a well deserved break..Marie, i thought you said you were not good at writing poems..well now we know you are..any more hidden talents you or anyone else may like to share.

everybody enjoy the day ahead..
Ems x

535Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/8/2011, 12:01 am

lucy

lucy

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes everyone. Marie that poem was just perfect.

I cant believe I'm fifty
I really cant you see
But without my medication
I feel like ninety-three

I cant believe I'm fifty
The years have just flew in
They pass us by so quickly
It really is a sin

I cant believe I'm fifty
Where have the years all gone
But it's good to have the memories
We can sometimes look upon

Now which one of you said IS SHE EVER GOING TO STOP WRITING POEMS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

536Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Hello Ireland 11/8/2011, 6:05 pm

MarieB

Thanks Ems,

A Birthday Wish for Lucy

Now 50 isn't that old
they tell me in Knock
So all forum friends
let 'swanky palace' rock!
Maybe Friday will arrive
with lots of surprises
And your kids will have a ball
claiming all the prizes.
Dear Lucy, its your 50th,
We wish you all the best
As you live up in Donegal,
might be best to wear. your.......vest??
Here's hoping this little rhyme
will pass forum's acid test???
Cos honestly, Lucy,
its about as good as it gets!!!!!!

Have a wonderful birthday anyway. At 50 you're still a baby in my book!

Love and hugs from Marie xxxxx to 50

537Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/8/2011, 5:57 pm

katie

Happy birthday Lucy

Hope you have a lovely day!

Katie

538Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty happy birthday Lucy! 11/8/2011, 5:15 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

A little birdie just told me that our Lucy is celebrating her birthday today..

Happy Birthday Lucy!
love ems x

539Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty that clears that up! 8/8/2011, 3:56 am

jb49

jb49

Not your fault Marie, now it all makes sense, thanks for the clarification. I was just a little confused around the edges for a minute.

I'm going out in an hour or so to a support meeting. Have a nice evening Marie,

jb

540Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Confused thought for the day 8/8/2011, 3:10 am

MarieB

Sorry jb.

I think its probably my fault. I'm still not used to your yarns. What I actually thought was that your good wife had posted on your behalf (yep, I must be losing the plot!)so I convinced my other half of that too and he posted a reply. It all just unravelled (see how easy it is to misinterpret!!! aaagh!! So don't feel a turnip--it's me whose got egg on her face. That'll teach me.

So sorry if I've offended anyone.

Marie

541Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty I'm confused 8/8/2011, 2:41 am

jb49

jb49

When I wrote that crackers were fine, it meant that its the people that are important for fun, not the food.

When I wrote that outward beauty may be polished up, I stressed that all of you have inner beauty which is much more important.

How did that make posting make a jump to "Sex in the City".

Signed,

Innocent and Confused Like a Turnip that fell from the truck.

Neutral

542Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Hello Ireland 7/8/2011, 2:18 am

MarieB

Hi Ems and everyone,

Sorry about my mysterious hacker!!! Seems he' s only interested in unknown secret admirer!!!
I haven't seen sex in the city 2 either but have a good idea of what he's referring to. We're not like them are we girls? What d'ya say jb?

Weather dreadful today. I'm really cold and my automatic pilot is in shut down again. Will have to warm up by 5.30 as we are going to a lecture this evening by Professor Morgan Kelly about 'What happened to Ireland' ( Kilkenny Arts Festival week) or more to the point 'How we might begin to dig ourselves out!'. Also booked for T With The Maggies and a Mongolian group called Hanggai later in the week. Will try to get some of the poetry and dance sessions too. Looks like I'll be busy if PD behaves itself.

Ems, tell Sean that he who shall be nameless has finally sorted the broadband problem but not before he nearly threw the new computer and himself out of the window.

Hope all is well . If not let us all know......a problem shared......Have a good weekend.

Mariexxxxxx

543Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/8/2011, 1:15 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Sex in the city 2? haven't seen it Marie..Anyway i'm sure we'll sort something out..how is everybody? anything new? strange? startling?...

544Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty hello ireland 6/8/2011, 7:20 pm

MarieB

Having just watched the movie 'Sex in the city2' I am somewhat concerned at the thought of this lot running riot in Ireland, never mind Dubai. Only 'Silent Admirers' welcome in my house!

MarieB's hacker?

545Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Don't worry Girls 6/8/2011, 1:55 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello,

Don't worry about food, With your company, I would be content with crackers and cheese; and furthermore:

You Ladies can spend time at the beauty parlour, and fussing up a bit and I'm sure that the results would be rather stunning; but that outer beauty will still be overshadowed by the inner beauty that shines from your souls through your words that you share so willingly here for all to enjoy every day. As a group and individually, you are like Stars in the sky.

Sincerely, Secret Admirer Very Happy

ps: Probably I hacked in to jb's account to remain secret

546Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/8/2011, 4:33 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Well Lucky Lucy, short notice here also..so folks our big night will have to wait, need to get hair done, get some beauty tips from Marie, oh of course food we can't eat without food lol, Patsy,Katie,anybody any ideas on how to lose a stone in one week? so much to do....lol think we're getting carried away here Jb..

547Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/8/2011, 3:12 am

lucy

lucy

Oh my goodness The Woodstock Arms Oh dear its a tad short notice, one has to nip to the beauty salon for a manicure and mabey while one is there they might get a pedicure and mabey a facial and mabey get a couple of sprays of fake tan, Now one must phone the hair stylist to see if they can fit me in, I'm sure there will be no problem as I'm a good customer. Now when one is in the beauty salon they can ponder on which of their many designer outfits the will wear for the evening Marie what colour are you wearing as I wouldnt like to clash.

Bad news everyone I will not be able to make it tonight. The beautician has just informed me that I will be here until next Friday, but please dont let that spoil your fun Sad Sad

Have a great night Sad Sad Sad

548Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Hello Ireland 6/8/2011, 2:31 am

MarieB

Best idea I've heard today jb, so count me in. Ok with you Ems? If Sean is half as good at cooking (and by all accounts , he is...)as he was at entertaining my hubby earlier this week, then we're in for a feast!
What sort of time suits? Anyone need a lift there (no guarantee of return tonight). So looking forward to meeting everyone and having a ball xxxxxx

Marie

549Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/8/2011, 10:51 pm

jb49

jb49

Thanks Em, its Friday. Lets all meet at Woodstock arms for some beers and junk food and then have a potluck supper at nnooo, better idea! Howabout we give Sean money for groceries and his time and talk him into creating a culinary feast at their house and we can party into the night until the neighbours either join us or call the police because of the noise. Looking at the poems and writings this week we can call it Poets celebrating Friday Party. Who is up for that!?

have good days, see you at 5 jb

550Hello Ireland - Page 22 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/8/2011, 4:51 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi to all..
Sounds great Jb..you know that you and your dear wife are welcome any time..

Hope you all are having or had a good day..weather is very humor -some here rain one minute sun the next.
Take care folks
Ems x

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum