PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

301Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/12/2011, 2:19 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Ha Ha good one Marie!

To all my friends here on the forum..Happy Christmas and good luck to you all for 2012..

Ems santa

302Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/12/2011, 7:40 am

MarieB

Sorry Ems, didn't see your post. Glad you've got dinner sorted for Xmas day. We'll be round at my daughters for lunch but all welcome for mice pies on Christmas eve! We have the house full then but as jb says, .....there's always room for more. The more the merrier.....better get setting those traps...squeak, squeak........MIAOW

303Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Hello Ireland 18/12/2011, 7:30 am

MarieB

Hi Lucy, just so no one is left in any doubt, I usually set traps for 2 mice per pie ( with the cats cooperation),! Laughing

304Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/12/2011, 7:13 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone hope you are all keeping ok. Patsy great pictures Marie you will never live the mice mistake down. Just out of curiositey how many mice do you use for each pie. Well Marie at least you can make them I am a usless cook

305Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/12/2011, 7:02 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Wow Jb you will have a busy household over Christmas,Best of luck to Heidi with her exam.

Marie and everybody no need to apologise for taking time out..once we know ye're all ok no probs.

Christmas plans, well my sister has invited Seán, me, my mum and 2brothers to hers for Christmas Day..my sis is only married 3and a half years so this is her first time to cook the works, she's been teased a bit especially by my brothers but no worries we'll send them over to Marie's for mice pies if necessary.he! he!

Hope everybody is keeping warm
Ems Smile

306Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/12/2011, 2:08 am

jb49

jb49

Good morning all

I haven't been to this page for awhile. I do miss you all.

Patsy, being the only man on here wasn't such a difficult thing. Its quite a crowd now from a year ago eh?

We are having turkey Em, never have tasted a goose I think.

I'll check those pictures next thing Em

We have Heidi's family for turkey Christmas Day (16 people)and we are hosting a potluck dinner for my family (35) the next. Anybody want to join us, one more won't make much difference. I was nervous about all that cause H writes her last exam on the 21st, but I can do it. I woke up with great attitude and xmas spirit this morning.

Merry Christmas everybody. Tell us your plans! Smile

307Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Hello Ireland 17/12/2011, 9:54 pm

MarieB

Patsy you are so clever with the computer and I still haven't worked out how to post photos from my iPad! Keep meaning to try the computer but I am hooked on my iPad (be warned all those of you who are hoping Santa will bring you one - it's very addictive but brilliant).

Ems you're photos are lovely. Hadn't realised you'd been to Canada too, - what a dark horse you are. and well travelled at that. Sorry haven't been posting much, it's just that everything seems to go to pot at times like this. It's last minute this or that plus all the Xmas concerts for the children and the babysitting for all those parties, not to mention all the cards and pressies that have to be bought/posted/wrapped etc, etc. do I sound like a grumbling old Scrooge? I'll stop the wingeing and just wish you all a good weekend. One more mad week to go before we all collapse in an exhausted heap. Ah well, Tis the season to be jolly.......... Must make some mice pies this week, they go down a real treat, so they do!

Love Marie xxxxxxxx

308Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/12/2011, 12:08 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Ems,
I just looked at your photos, they are very nice. I would love to go to Canada, perhaps someday.

Hello Ireland - Page 13 Dabb8d0d Hello Ireland - Page 13 50ea9579

Hello Ireland - Page 13 Ffd84131 Hello Ireland - Page 13 Dbcbc145

santa rendeer
lol!

Last edited by Patsy on 17/12/2011, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add some words !!)

309Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/12/2011, 5:44 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi to everybody,

Patsy it's great to see you posting.. hope you guys have your santa lists made up won't be long now..

Jb..Turkey or Goose, just curious.. and have you seen my pics under gallery? taken 4yrs ago in BC Canada.

Ems

310Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Long time 12/12/2011, 12:10 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 13 4bdb0103

It has been a while since I posted. I have a lot of catching up to do, and a lot of posts to read.

Hello Ireland - Page 13 E8c2d4b9 who sent me birthday wishes.

It is lovely to see so many new members, a big Hello Ireland - Page 13 72dc0856 to you all.

Jb I see you have backup now, not the "lone ranger" among a group of women anymore, you had great courage, and a pat on the back to you for staying with us.

Hope ye are all on a good day, have a nice week.

LOL Patsy !!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 13 53566

311Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 9/12/2011, 10:40 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

so cold, i agree Lucy only time for the fire or better still stay in bed..nah things to be done housework, Christmas tree etc...

Smile Smile

312Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/12/2011, 11:13 pm

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone I hope everyone is keeping as well as they can be. Its a cold wet day up here in donegal and thers snow on the hills. Thers only one place I'm going today and thats to sit beside the fire.
Keep warm everybody

313Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/12/2011, 10:33 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all..hope everybody is well today, Hugo i am sorry i missed you in chat last night, internet signal was coming and going the weather affects it at times can be frustrating.

Anyway take care friends
Ems Smile

314Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/12/2011, 7:28 am

jb49

jb49

Ems said

"Hi Jb, I'm fine thanks, we're sitting pretty waiting for Budget day which is next week..anyway do frogs have hair?..lol.take care all.."

I think frogs do have hair Ems, it's just really, really fine, which is how I hope everyone is.

315Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/12/2011, 6:53 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

jb49 wrote:Welcome Steve and Hugo, Ems is right, no one bites. Feel free to ask questions, tell stories, moan or groan, uplift us, or whatever. If you only want to read along that is fine too. I do hope that you do write in though.

Em, how are you. Been a bit quiet hasn't it? How come? I hope everyone is getting by okay. The economy is rather shaky right now I'm thinking.

Well, I got to get some stuff done. Hope everyone is as fine as frog's hair.

Talk later, jb

Hi Jb, I'm fine thanks, we're sitting pretty waiting for Budget day which is next week..anyway do frogs have hair?..lol.take care all..

316Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/11/2011, 5:42 am

jb49

jb49

Welcome Steve and Hugo, Ems is right, no one bites. Feel free to ask questions, tell stories, moan or groan, uplift us, or whatever. If you only want to read along that is fine too. I do hope that you do write in though.

Em, how are you. Been a bit quiet hasn't it? How come? I hope everyone is getting by okay. The economy is rather shaky right now I'm thinking.

Well, I got to get some stuff done. Hope everyone is as fine as frog's hair.

Talk later, jb

317Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/11/2011, 1:28 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there, welcome to our latest members Hugo2 and Stever..you are welcome to tell us a little about yourselves ..we don't bite..hope everybody is in good form.
Ems Smile

318Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/11/2011, 3:34 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello everybody..hope ye are all enjoying the weekend..weather is nice enough here bit cold but better than expected..this time last year we had snow which made it very difficult to get out and about.

Anyway take care and keep warm friends
Em..

319Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/11/2011, 6:03 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good mornin' all..

Could be messy sending B/day cake in the post Jb we'll think of something..and no you didn't miss patsy's day for it is TODAY..

Hope you're all well folks, again Patsy enjoy.. cheers

Em xx

320Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/11/2011, 12:46 am

jb49

jb49

I have not written much here of late. So much to do, so little time, so slow are the typing fingers.

Welcome CathyS. These Ladies are the best! Maybe they will let you have the secret recipe for Mice Pie in time for Christmas.

Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye
Four and twenty little gray mice, baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened, they began to squeek.
Now wasn't that a dainty way to make poor Lucy shriek.

It is just November, minus 10 C. Ha, we laugh at the cold.
(more hysterical laughter, manical laughter, men in white suits knock at the door...)

Its ok. Anyways, happy Birthday Patsy, sorry I missed it. Em, are you going to mail me a piece of birthday cake or anything. That would be a good feature of a Chat fORUM, birthdays are celebrated by everyone getting cake in the mail. Anne? what do you think

Good days to all. Be safe

peace and happiness, jb

321Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/11/2011, 9:27 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everybody, hope your day is a good one and welcome to CathyS our new member hope to chat sometime Cathy..
Ems

322Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/11/2011, 2:08 am

lucy

lucy

Happy birthday Patsy have a good one

323Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/11/2011, 11:59 pm

lucy

lucy

JB Just the thought of a mouse and I would go through the ceiling to the floor above

affraid affraid affraid

324Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Hello Ireland 17/11/2011, 10:21 am

maggie may

Lucy, My sympathies to your sister in law, 55 is way too young to die.

Thanks to you all for your kind words and wishes, jb you are in my thoughts.

My dad dropped dead in the street 11 years ago, the sudden death of a parent is shocking, but at least he didn't suffer.
There is no easy way to go.

Maggie May

325Hello Ireland - Page 13 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/11/2011, 2:20 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland,

I'm sorry for the death in your inlaws family Lucy.

Thank you for kind words Em and Marie. I do have many happy Christmas memories with my parents and siblings.

So Lucy, have you a recipe for Mice Pie on the Ceiling?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum