PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 10 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 10 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 10 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

226Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/2/2013, 8:55 am

jb49

jb49

My body is sore from working on my little brothers ceiling and I am resting by the woodstove before going out to Yoga where I will make my body sore and say to myself "I am not feeling inner peace and wellbeing yet" And it is snowing out and just want to stay home and make a big bowl of mash potatoes and fried ham and onions and sit and watch the Television and now I am getting whiney and I will stop. I will go to yoga in an hour and become at one with myself. Nuts, that sounds lonely. If I could become two with myself at least I would have some one to talk to. My wife is at University through the week and home on weekends. Has been for 3 terms. This is her last. I have had a lonely winter I think.

Anyways off to Yoooogga in awhile. Happy Valentines day to everyone there. Hope you get some candy.

All the best,

jb

227Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/2/2013, 8:04 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all, it's good to hear from you Jb, gosh it's been cold with ye .keep warm.

It's Pancake Tuesday here today..Seán wants them for brekkie so happy cooking folks.

Ems Smile

228Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/2/2013, 12:23 am

jb49

jb49

Good morning Ireland.

Wow, its been like I have been asleep for a month or two. I have gone a long time with no hello to you. Sorry, my bad.

I hope that everyone is doing okay. Don't let the Unwelcome guest gain the upper hand over you. We got about 12 inches of snow on Friday past. Maybe makes you glad that your parents never moved to Canada. It has been cold too at about -15 celsius. Today is balmy at 0 for some reason though.

Well, got to go to the barn and feed the critters.

Best wishes to all of you,
jb

229Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/2/2013, 4:18 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello Patsy thank you again for such a colourful post..

As for everybody hope all is well with ye.....anyway take care.
Ems Smile

230Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/1/2013, 11:38 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Ems, Katie I think you are right, what with bad weather, the Gov cuts, the politician lining their pockets, while our children are strugggling to pay their morgage. My son and daughter-in-law are lucky they still have their jobs, for how long, nobody knows

I would love to get all politicians on this ride, and somebody pull the plug.
Hello Ireland - Page 10 Looks-fun

Seriously, I hope all you great posters, will soon be back.

Hello Ireland - Page 10 4afb0041a5267a2bff0062f0dfa467a6_zps3568e870

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

231Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/1/2013, 7:51 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey ladies I'm here..and thank you Patsy..you are right about the weather Katie so miserable but better than snow.

Take care everybody
Ems Smile

232Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/1/2013, 7:42 am

katie

Hi everyone,anyone?

Patsy I think there is just the two of us out there at the moment. The weather is dreadful here, i dont blame people for hibernating, I'm guilty too, but i do check in now and then.

Hope all are well.

Katie

233Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/1/2013, 11:34 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi everyone

How is 2013 going for you all.

I hope ye didn't get the flu, or any of the virus that I have had since christmas.

Where is everybody ????????????

We have to keep this forum going, Ems cannot do it alone

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

234Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/1/2013, 5:10 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good evening all,

Hope everyone is well..things are quiet here at the moment..except that i am going to a party tonight..a dear friend is celebrating his 93rd birthday and bless him he is best of health..anyway take care..em Smile

235Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/1/2013, 7:55 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning ..Ireland, Canada, Florida etc...

(replying to Happy Birthday thread)

Hello to Ann and thank you. I am very sorry about your mother.

January 13th sounds interesting, will keep in touch and talk soon.
Take care
Ems Smile

236Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/1/2013, 9:21 am

jb49

jb49

Happy New Years Ireland.

I looked at the night sky last night and the constellations were aligned in such a way that the big dipper was pouring more water onto pisces. You think that is fishy? Taurus was being bathed in Milk from the Milky way. No bull. Anyways, by bisecting the angle between the full moons descent and the amplitude of todays sunrise with reference to the squared root of the longitude of where Capicorn appears between the dipper and the bull, it makes the fish look huge which bodes well for anyone suffering from Parkinsons, in the year 2013 which is known as the Year of Strength by the ancients. So that is good eh?

All the best, jb

237Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Hello Ireland 1/1/2013, 8:20 am

MarieB

Hi everybody,

Just popping in to wish you all a very Happy New Year and one that will hopefully bring us that bit closer to a cure. Wherever you are and whatever you do to see in 2013, enjoy the moment.

Marie x

238Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/12/2012, 11:10 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning everybody..hope all are well..

Jb I believe weather is not good in Canada at the moment..not sure where but hope you are escaping it and enjoying the festive season.

Hello to Lucy, Patsy, Katie, Anne, Clem, Marie and everybody ..

Take care
Ems cheers

239Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/12/2012, 3:31 pm

jb49

jb49

Merry Christmas Ireland. Hope you all have a good day.

jb

240Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/12/2012, 8:37 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi again to everybody ...i guess ye are either at mass or the pub or just chilling out..take care.. em Smile

241Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Good evening 18/12/2012, 6:55 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello Ladies and Gents

Hope all is well with ye..

things are ok here..i was just talking to Seán telling him i need to fast for tomorrow morning for blood test..he replies 'oh dear mammy i was going to bring you breakfast in bed' LOL ..cheeky!

Anyway things are quiet here..take care folks!
Em Smile

242Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/12/2012, 5:37 am

ClemMcGann

thanks, Rusty
the publisher "New Island Books" have been back to Harry Callan
no apology as such, more excuses,
they have offered to publish the nephew's book
I suspect that they would be better going to a different publisher
Knox's book, by being first to market, will dent the sales of any subsequent book

usually when a book is based on conversation with survivors
the author will go back with a draft copy of the book
to ensure that there were no misunderstanding causing mistakes
in this case, Knox obviously could not ask Harry to verify
The result is several factual errors

http://www.mariner.ie

243Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty best wishes for Harry Callan 16/12/2012, 1:22 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

That's an amazing story, Clem. What a shameful thing to steal the stories of somebody who already paid the price. I hope that Mr. Callan is able to get the credit that he deserves somehow.

244Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/12/2012, 12:21 am

ClemMcGann

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned here how we remembered those who served on Irish ships during WW2, and I posted a photo: see 25/11/2012.
Harry Callan is in that photo. Many suffered terribly at the hands of the Nazis.
A terrible fate was met by Irish merchant seamen captured on British ships. As Ireland was neutral, they did not have POW status; no Geneva Convention; no Red Cross visits; they were slave labourers; many died. Harry is one of the few survivors. In post-war trials of Nazis, they gave evidence against the SS.
For the last few years he has been working with a nephew to write a book on his experience and the fate of his friends. Foreign Affairs have given them access to relevant, previously classified, documents. In the last two years they visited many of their graves and the sites of the camps where they were held. He has been interviewed by RTE a few times and a recording is lodged with the National Film Archive
A year ago he was approached by Dr David Blake Knox. A cousin of his was among those lost. He said that he wanted to understand the fate of his cousin. Harry did tell him about his planned book. Knox asked questions. Harry did his best to help. Harry did not suspect what Knox was really doing.
A new book 'Suddenly, While Abroad – Hitler's Irish Slaves’ by David Blake Knox, was published 10 December 2012. Much of it is straight from the words of Harry Callan. Some of that contains factual errors. Harry is devastated. Complaints have been made to the publisher New Island books. It seems that nothing can be done. See [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suddenly-While-Abroad-Hitlers-Slaves/dp/1848402007[/url]
See http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suddenly-While-Abroad-Hitlers-Slaves/dp/1848402007

http://www.mariner.ie

245Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/12/2012, 4:36 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

And the same to you Mike, gosh it's quiet here guess ye are all busy with Christmas only around the corner.

Toby cake Jb? I'm sure Katie can help you out there..

Anyway no news from here just cold but dry..Take care everybody.. Smile

246Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/12/2012, 2:47 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

Hello Ireland,

Hope you are all well and surviving the hectic holidays in good form. It's a busy time of year for many. Don't forget to pace yourself so that you have some energy left to face the coming year. You're allowed to move a bit slower than you used to, otherwise you would not be reading this message on a site devoted to PD. Take it easy if you can and enjoy the season.

Mike P

247Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 9/12/2012, 2:06 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Everyone,

And especially Mike today. Great to see you back.

Where do you sign up for the Toby cake? Umm, I love Bailys too.

Have great days,
jb

248Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/12/2012, 10:00 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Mike great to have you back hope to catch up with you soon

249Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/12/2012, 6:38 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Mike (rustytinman)..good to see you back here. glad you are feeling better now..take care,em Smile

Good morning all,for those of you that don't know Mike..a true gentleman..we first started chatting on an american forum and Jb of course must be 4yrs guys..anyway Mike visited eire 3yrs ago spent christmas with us had to be the coldest ever but we made the best of it..keep warm everyone..em Smile

Last edited by ems on 7/12/2012, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

250Hello Ireland - Page 10 Empty Long time no visit 7/12/2012, 5:59 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

Hello Ireland,

Sorry for the long absence from this site, but I would like to reactivate my activity level here. I got kind of lalzy and depressed I suppose, and lost interest in many things for a while, but I intend to get myself back on track and I figurer this is a good place to start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum