PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 9 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 9 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 9 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

201Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/3/2013, 4:40 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Marie,

So she eats like a sparrow as my Dad used to say,

Gosh, that is okay. She can drink tea and it would be nice if she brought Sean and he would do justice to a stack of pancakes I presume.

Soon, it will be garden time Marie. I look forward to the yard greening up and plants emerging. Last year I planted a row of garlic. I hope that it grows.

Ah, back to my duties.

Love to all.

Lets meet at the pub for beers and shepherds' pie for supper?

jb

202Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Hello Ireland 23/3/2013, 3:49 am

MarieB

Hi Jb,

Long time no see or hear from you (or me for that matter) but thats ok, cos forum members know we are always there in the background just getting on with our lives as best we can and making sure that Mr P is kept under control...OUR CONTROL...lol.

Sounds like spring is 'sprunging' over there...well it thought about it here too for a day or two then went back to bed for another hour and right now, here in Kilkenny (and I understand in most parts of Ireland,) the dangers of serious flooding are to the forefront of everyones mind. The River Nore looked ready to break its banks early today and the rain still hasnt stopped so not sure if I'll be floating down to Ems in Inostioge before midnight..lol.

Your breakfast sounds divine Jb. I have to tell you that it would be wasted on Ems...she eats like a bird..God knows what makes her tick cos she's full of life and I never see her yawn but she picks and pecks particularly with breakfast. Things improve towards lunchtime and by the time we take her back she is armed with an enormous goody bag of food she thought she might like to eat but didn't ....which I suspect that growing son of hers devours as soon as she gets home...lol.

So you had a sneaky birthday too. Em and I were wondering when it was cos theres no record on file so sadly we didnt get a chance to wish you all the best. Well let me send you belated Happy Birthday wishes and the hope that you and your family have a great year ahead of you.

Best wishes to everyone on the forum......looks like a busy year for PAI. So many events organized. Hope everyone gets a chance to do one of the 'walks' wherever you are. Anyone involved in fundraising activities? Would be nice to meet up with some of you.

Marie.

203Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/3/2013, 10:34 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning Ireland,

Well its almost 7am, the temp is -6, I turned 55 a few weeks back,I 4 get stuff more often now, I need my 3 morning pills and there are two dogs watching my moves cause they want out and I may go back to bed for one hour. I am not going to work today. Well I'm staying home to work. The weather should be good for the sap to run. I have some to boil awaiting me and there always is wood to gather to feed the fire.

It sounds like Em visited with Marie. If I were rich and had a small jetplane and I sent it to Ireland to fetch you all over for Breakfast you would get this.

Bannana muffins and tea while I finish cooking
and oranges

and then crispy bacon and pork sausages;
pancakes with melted butter,
swimming in fresh maple syrup
optional toppings would be whipped cream and cooked strawberries
or blueberries
and a big bowl of fried potatoes, nice and crispy and the guy that fried them wasn't shy with the butter or the chopped up onion that he added to them in the pan

and as the pancakes disappear, fresh eggs from my trusty hens are scrambled and plates are reloaded and bagels are toasted, slathered with marmalade and raspberry jam from the pantry.

And then the coffee is ready to cut the sweet taste and we sit around the blazing woodstove and drink gallons of it while we visit and Em sings us some songs and Lucy is best friends with my dogs cause she kept slipping them scraps of bacon from the table.

uum, I haven't got a plane, and if I did, I don't have the cash to fuel it.

But that would be nice.

Anyways, PD has got a good grip on my arm but he can't get my imagination.

I hope the sun shines warmly upon all my Parky friends and their families in Ireland today.

jb

204Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/3/2013, 5:31 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi everybody..Marie today was lovely and wow you are some cook thank you and Tel for bringing me home.

Lucy, just checked out your photos in the gallery they are lovely, you have a talented daughter and meeow to Diego..lol

Hope everybody is doing well..em Smile

205Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/3/2013, 8:36 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..

Lucy it is hard to believe a year has passed already time goes quick and thanks for Mother's day wishes/St Patrick's day wishes.

Hi Marie..looking forward to seeing you tomorrow a few hours out of the house is just what i need.. Jb dear friend..it is always a tonic for me when you post..glad you are doing well.

Take care everyone
Ems Smile

206Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/3/2013, 11:35 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello everyone.

Its been awhile since I been here. But I couldn't let this day slip by without saying Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Parades and everything, sounds like a nice day. Its been a year already then Lucy, wow. Time moves fast eh. Mothers Day in Canada happens in May, usually the 2nd Sunday I guess. I remember as a kid, every boy and man in church would have a flower pinned on his suit coat to honor his mum.

Anyways, I sincerely hope that you all have a nice day and we will hear about it later.

all the best, jb

207Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Hello Ireland. 17/3/2013, 7:09 am

MarieB

Thanks Lucy. I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow. . There will be lots going on in Kilkenny and I shall cetainly be watching the Dublin Parade.

Thanks also Lucy for your Mother's Day wishes...I'm a bit out of touch these days but do keep looking in from time to time.

Thanks for keeping the show on the road Ems and look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday. We will have a lot to catch up on.

Marie xxx

208Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/3/2013, 7:04 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone IS hope you are all keeping ok. Just to wish everyone a very happy ST Patricks day hope you enjoy it. Ps a year ago today Iwas just over my dbs op a vey quick year take care everybody

209Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/3/2013, 12:18 am

lucy

lucy

And a very happy mothers day to you too ems and to Marie Katie Patsy Anne and Cathy and any other mammys who may be looking in. Oh we better not forget Agnes Brown just in case you may be looking in a happy mothers day. Oh better not forget Winnie lol. Paddy and JB I hope you both are taking note its MOTHERS DAY. Well I dont know is it mothers day in Canada JB

210Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Happy Mothers Day 10/3/2013, 11:23 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

To all our mums on PAI Happy Mother's Day..enjoy..

ems Smile

211Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2013, 9:12 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning everybody.. Welcome to Pmac, so sorry i missed you in chat last night by a few mins,as i logged out a few minutes early..

Sun is shining here now it's fresh.. take care all.

ems Smile

212Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2013, 8:13 pm

Pmac

Hello there Lucy

Nice to "meet" you
i see your also sleepless in Donegal @1:24 am.
Sleepless in Donegal wonder could that be the sequel to the Tom hanks movie L O L
Take care

213Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2013, 11:24 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Pmac you are very welcome to the forum sorry just missed you on chat hope to talk soon

214Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Newbie 3/3/2013, 11:04 am

Pmac

Hello to all of you in this most exclusive "club"
Just found this site diagnosed in jan just having a look around
As the song says ------
I've just called in to see you all, I'll only stay a while. I want to see how you're getting on, I want to see you smile.

Take care ,chat soon I'm sure

Pm ac

215Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2013, 7:59 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good evening all,

Jb..beautiful pic..ice cream with maple syrup..yummy!
Lucy..few minutes and the drum will open..lol weather was lovely here in Kilkenny all day.anyway everybody, as Lucy says feel free to post and take care..ems Smile

216Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/3/2013, 3:52 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everybody from a cold and wet Donegal Hope everyone is doing ok. JB that is a lovely pic but IT sure am glad we have no snow here. Ems keep an eye out tonight my name is going to come out of that drum mind you I have no ticket in but with the Donegal luck you would never know lol.
A warm welcome to our two new members Lydias and Remu feel free to post or join in the chat tonight 9 to 11 and weekdays 8 to 10 you would be very welcome

Adios Amigos.

217Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/3/2013, 3:43 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Everybody,

Hey, welcome back Cathy. Everybody looking forward to spring and hot sun? It has been cold here through Feb. Lots of -15 C nights. But it is warmer now and the sap is starting to drip a bit. I have 85 pails hanging on the maple trees and another 40 to put up tomorrow. Actually I just finished a bowl of ice cream covered with maple syrup. We had a bit of a snow storm here the last couple of days. It was so nice and white this morning when I got up. I will try to put up a picture for you to see.

Hope everyone is well,
jbHello Ireland - Page 9 B7144a95-96d4-4aef-ab43-0802539c1c7a_zps434e4d2a

218Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/2/2013, 8:08 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello to all and welcome to Lydias our new member..

Hi Cathy nice to hear from you..looking forward to your poem. Lucy i reckon winning streak is fixed, come on Donegal again..lol.. everybody keep warm and take care..ems :

Last edited by ems on 24/2/2013, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

219Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty greetings 22/2/2013, 11:25 am

cathy

cathy

hello everybody
greetings from the kingdom. and just incase anybody think i am writing from heaven no its only kerry winter has passed and summer is just round te corner.so i am hoping to wake up and feel better .will send a new poem shortly

god bless cathy..

220Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/2/2013, 6:29 am

jb49

jb49

Good Day Ireland,

Today we were the recipients of about 4 inches of nice white snow. Lovely really. It is only at about the freezing mark, so it is quite comfortable out and of course my house is well heated. I am watching the house of my dentist while he spends two months in Florida. Today I will have his driveway to cleanup as well as my own. Good thing I am "strong like bull". If I was smarter than a bull, maybe I would be in Florida for two months as well. haha, Trust me, sitting around on holiday is not my cup of tea. Gotta keep active,,Florida is not for me. And as for sitting on tropical beaches in the sun, well I just hate getting sand in my bathing suit, So, the snow has stopped, gotta get going, Soon it will be Maple syrup time as well. Yippy Skippy!

Stand strong together,

jb

221Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/2/2013, 8:29 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Jb we all moan and groan that's allowed..take it easy our dear friend..and same to everybody looking in.

Ems Smile

222Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/2/2013, 4:42 am

jb49

jb49

Good morning

Would it too bloody far to drive on over here and pick me up for breakfast too!! lol
Sounds lovely. Always nice to meet internet friends isn't it. I may surprise you all some day.

Note to add to Yoga nite.

I had to get gasoline before yoga and also got a yummy chocolate bar and ate half of it before class to energize myself. Didn't work, yoga was a struggle, every muscle hurt, every joint ached and everything shook. Total bust except for the part when Teacher said that is all for tonite. Yipee Skippee and I jumped into my cold truck to drive home and popped some more chocolate bar into my mouth, (the only thing that sustained my soul through that rotten class was the thought of finishing that chocolate bar, like a dog and a hidden bone)I promptly broke a tooth on the cold candy and now have to get a filling fixed.

Things have to improve, right?

And I am all done with the moaning and groaning. I will be upbeat from here on. Maybe, depending on my mood. lol

Nice to hear from you Marie and Lucy

223Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Hello Ireland 17/2/2013, 10:39 pm

MarieB

Ems...thank you but was no need to post such kind and thoughtful words about Tel and myself. We dont deserve your praise because what we do for you, we would do for anyone and it wasnt that much really. Clearly you enjoyed our company and we loved having you here. Hope Sean enjoyed what was left of breakfast...lol and that you enjoyed your coffee this morning.......also hope.... u know what....kept the bed warm...lol x

Lucy, we intend coming to Donegal one of these fine days but if you make it to KK first, the breakfast bar will be open to you and yours too...lol x

Hello again...Marie, you say there is no need to post kind words as i did, but for me it actually helps as lately (maybe too much time in the house) my mood gets down more,yes you and Tel do deserve to be praised..and yes bed was like a toasted sandwich, Seán devoured brekkie...

224Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/2/2013, 9:45 am

lucy

lucy

I am glad you enjoyed your.day ems and thanks to marie and hubby. The next time you get into the car with marie and hubby don't let them stop until they reach donegal jb I hope you are doing ok and not overdoing it on the yoga after all there is only so much inner calm and peace a body can take. Katie patsy clem and anyone else who may be looking in I hope you are keeping ok and ps get posting lol

225Hello Ireland - Page 9 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/2/2013, 7:55 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good evening to all..

Today for me i can safely say has been the best and most relaxing day in a long time thanks to dear friends who spoiled me rotten with a yummy breakfast, Jb you would love it,we chatted and they brought me shopping and home..overall they lifted my spirits as i get down every so often..Marie and hubby thank you so much. I know it's quiet here as a break from the forum is ok too.

Take care everybody.. ems Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum