PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

new members

+9
cathy
MarieB
berni
Patsy
Ann
lucy
katie
jb49
ems
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

1new members - Page 3 Empty new members 25/1/2010, 10:38 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

First topic message reminder :

I would like to welcome our new members to PAI Forum...welcome and feel free to ask any questions and Admin, myself or members will do our best to answer or help best we can.

Ems

51new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 17/9/2011, 9:40 am

Patsy

Patsy

new members - Page 3 Eca84455 EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!

52new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 15/9/2011, 4:08 pm

jb49

jb49

Thanx for the hug Marie. On the sports field guys can hug and pat on bum but after the game is over; its back to fist bumps. It aint easy being a guy. So, any more men that want to post with me and the fistbumping Rustytinman? C'mon,jump in and get your feet wet! Very Happy

53new members - Page 3 Empty Hugs 11/9/2011, 6:31 pm

MarieB

Chill out you two!!

Whats wrong with a little ole group hug among friends????

Or is it only allowed when you're playing soccer or hockey ?

Hugs to both from me   Very Happy

54new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 11/9/2011, 2:54 pm

rustytinman

rustytinman

fist bump to that, jb!

55new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 11/9/2011, 2:15 pm

jb49

jb49

Glad you arrived Mike. It is tough staying ahead of the wit of these Ladies.

Soccer is what Canadians call the game of Football. It is something for us to do while waiting for the best game in the world, hockey, to start up again.

Glad you joined in Mike. Oh yes, when I say hugs to everybody; you aren't in my mind. I will high five you.

Okay? Suspect

56new members - Page 3 Empty warm welcome 8/9/2011, 3:22 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

Wow- what a welcome, thanks everyone. I wanted t opost something last night but got home from work kind of late and the pillow had a stronger pull than the computer.

I don't think jb was exactly asking for a rescue from the celtic princesses, but I'll keep him company as best I can. Greyhounds? Is dog racing popular in Ireland? We have a track near my home, but I have not gone in well over ten years.

Footsoccerball? Sorry, but I don't know too much about the sport generally. How popular is it in Canada jb?

Hurling? Heard of it and I have seen still photos and it looks like it would be a very exciting spectator sport.

Hockey anyone?

Due to PD I dropped out of what was my favorite "sport", scuba diving. It's just a little too risky now with the diminished coordination and stiffness, so I gave it up. Still manage to snorkel onece in a while though. Almost as much fun and way less complicated.

Lunch calls, talk to you later.

57new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 7/9/2011, 8:14 pm

katie

Hi Mike,we're so glad that you're joining our Gang.
Now JB won't feel alone, cause he was our only man.
You can talk about greyhounds, football or the weather,
But us girls are versatile, we'll talk fashion, gossip, whatever

We've tried for so long to increase our numbers,
So welcome again, to you Mike our new member!

Katie

58new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 7/9/2011, 2:00 pm

jb49

jb49

Great to see you here Mike. It was awhile ago when we first met at YOPD. I will look forward to reading your posts. Cathy suggests thaat when in Ireland we should discuss greyhunds, cattle prices at the mart, football (soccer kind I think) and the weather.

59new members - Page 3 Empty Welcome back: !!!! 7/9/2011, 10:27 am

Patsy

Patsy

new members - Page 3 04f2f876

It is soooooooooooo good to have you back posting again.

I want to congratulate Jb, he being the only man in the forum until now, for having the courage to stay with us, and contributing so much, Jb you are a "STAR"

Hope ye are all on a good day,

LOL Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!

60new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 7/9/2011, 7:43 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Mike..welcome back great to see you posting..

Marie..wishing you well on Sept 19th..we'll be thinking of you..

Ems

61new members - Page 3 Empty New Members 7/9/2011, 4:06 am

MarieB

Hi Mike,

So you were out there all the time !. I know just how hard it is to get into a forum which often appears to be a closed shop to those looking in from outside. Well , welcome back anyway, I'm sure jb will be happy to have another male on board and as for all the celtic princesses..............!

Can really identify with your description of how the house pets consider home a hotel and you the unpaid butler or super nanny as you so aptly put it. I have similar problems but the real problem is my husband who treats them like kids so what can you expect?

At 53, you're still a baby in my book. Its good to hear you are able to work still. What do you do?
I was about 58 when I first noticed PD symptoms like tremor, but had had lots of other warning signs for years beforehand. I'm retired now and doing reasonably well PD wise at moment. Am due to go into hospital for an op on Sept 19th so no doubt that will set me back for a while. I'm very determined and have set my sights on Christmas for full recovery (god willing).

Enough about me, You probably have a good idea about this brilliant gang of people so please join in and enjoy the company or the 'Craic" as they say over here.

Marie x

62new members - Page 3 Empty Nice to meet you 7/9/2011, 3:45 am

rustytinman

rustytinman

Hello All,

I have been on this site (sporadically) for about two years now I guess. Sorry I took so long to introduce myself. I won't amke a long story out of why I have not been more active, but that is one of my current goals, to become an active member of this site.

My real name is Mike and I live in the USA, Florida to be exact. I used to be active on another site that closed down a couple of years ago, which is where I got to know ems (the chat moderator here) and jb, who is very active here I can see.

I wil lbe 53 in a few weeks and I got my PD dx about ten years ago. I am still able to work (thankfully). I am widdowed and share a house with two dogs and a cat. They seem to be the heads of the household and I am more or less the hired help. That is the only way that I can explain that I have to do all of the shopping and meal preparation in addition to cleaning up after the three of them. My parents would have never tolerated such behavior from me, so I can only conclude that the dogs and cat regard me as some kind of super nanny or something.

Anyway, I want to start being more active here and I had to start somewhere, so that was it, a start.

Talk to you soon,

Mike

63new members - Page 3 Empty canadian friend 6/9/2011, 6:43 am

cathy

cathy

hi jb
i must correct you on the following if you are talking to an irish man .the topic will be football . greyhounds and the price of cattle at the mart .and ofcurse the weather ..

cathy

64new members - Page 3 Empty i'm in trouble! 18/8/2011, 9:35 am

jb49

jb49

I hope a guy comes forward soon because:
I told my wife that when online with the guys from Ireland we talk about Richard Harris Movies, whiskey, Kilkenny beer, and racehorses. Im afraid that one day she will look over my shoulder and discover that it is only Ladies I'm talking to. Watch the glowing sunset towards Canada that night!

65new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 2/8/2011, 2:00 am

jb49

jb49

Do you think so Marie. Please don't anyone be shy. These pages are for you to communicate, this is your chance to be heard. Everyone is welcome. I hope that nobody is hesitant because of me. I am humble and a just a shy guy from the countryside. Please post if you wish. We would love to meet you!

66new members - Page 3 Empty New members 31/7/2011, 1:42 am

MarieB

Sorry jb, it's only little old me!

Did I just make something rhyme?, See what the forum's doing for me!

Seriously, I think your last post has hit the nail on the head in that members out there who might want to contribute but hesitate do so because they are a little intimidated by the collective talents of all of you. What with poets, artists, computer whizzes and story tellers who all just happen to be natural comedians, you're a very hard act to follow! I fell into that trap for a long time before I realized I didn't have to compete with anyone. All I had to do was press 'reply' and be 'me'.

Not sure how we get round this but if anyone out there wants to comment (good or bad) with no strings attached, it would be great to hear from you. Perhaps suggestions for new topics?

Sorry to steal your thunder jb. Here's hoping we find another buddy or two or three!

In the meantime, have a good weekend all. Hope the weather stays kind.

Marie xxxxxxx

67new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 31/7/2011, 1:00 am

jb49

jb49

Patsy, I'm glad you are recovering. If indeed I am kind with comments, it is only because you deserve it.

and maybe today we meet a new member, He has been reading, but shy to enter the conversation,perhaps thinking he never had much to add but today he realized that the guy from Canada (thats me)has bubbled on for months and not really said anything. So he says to himself, "Self, we have as much to add to the forum as that guy" and he hit the reply button and began to type: Call me Ishmael, no no, that is the start of Moby Dick. This guy says call me_____________________________ and enters the scene. pirat

68new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 30/7/2011, 11:37 am

Patsy

Patsy

Thank you girls for your good wishes

Jb you are too kind with you comments, I only started on the computer when I got PD, as I am right handed and it was my right side that was effected I could not write or address an envelope, which got me so fustrated that my kids insisted I get a computer.

I am getting over my fall, my face is all colours like a rainbow,
my knee still hurts, but life must go on and time is a great healer.

"Never give up" hope ye are all on a good day.

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!

69new members - Page 3 Empty Form a`line! 30/7/2011, 12:49 am

jb49

jb49

No pushing or shoving please. I expect that by now some of you have noticed that MarieB has introduced herself and no harm has befallen her and she appears to be a happy regular poster now. There is room for more. It is so much more interesting to have new people (I love the old regulars too)join in the conversation. So take a deep breath, click the reply button and say "Hello, my name is.............

70new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 28/7/2011, 3:15 pm

jb49

jb49

Patsy, are you recovering okay from the fall. I hope so. jb

71new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 26/7/2011, 3:03 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

lucy wrote:God Patsy what an awful thing to happen, you have every right to feel sorry for yourself. I'll tell you this if it was me I would lie down and die. Hope you get better soon.

Same here Patsy..hope you feel better soon Smile

72new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 26/7/2011, 2:26 am

lucy

lucy

God Patsy what an awful thing to happen, you have every right to feel sorry for yourself. I'll tell you this if it was me I would lie down and die. Hope you get better soon.

jb49

jb49

Marie, let me answer, Patsy is too modest. She is a computer whiz, she is an optimist, she is a cheer leader, she has lived with pd 18 yrs? and she is wonderful.

As for the fall out the car door. It is all part of the secret codes of Parkinsons. Another Parky watching that move would know that there is a true Parky! Secret handshakes are to wimpy, we go for the full floor hugs. I like to go to my woods on my farm. I don't know how many times I have done the secret floor hug in the woods. Glad you weren't hurt any worse Patsy.

Do you think anyone will gulp back the fears and introduce themselves today? You survived it with flying colours and are now a regular Marie. Why don't you launch an invitation.!

Good days to everyone Laughing jb

74new members - Page 3 Empty New members 25/7/2011, 9:21 pm

MarieB

Hi Patsy,
Thanks for the welcome. I feel like I know you all already because I've been reading your posts for some time. Your last thought for the day was very impressive! Are you a computer whizz? I still haven't worked out how to do 'smileys'!

As for your accident, I imagine you'll feel bruised and battered for some time. I can just see it happening in slow motion but hey not funny. Did something similar about 18 months ago and still have trouble with my knee and shoulder even after intensive physic. Hope you make full recovery and TG your grandson escaped unhurt. Typical, isn't it?

Thanks once again for the welcome to the 'gang' as Katie so succinctly puts it.

Marie

75new members - Page 3 Empty Re: new members 25/7/2011, 9:35 am

katie

Patsy,

That sounds really painful,i hope you will be better soon. I too am guilty of rushing around, with the result that I am queen of the floor huggers. So many floors that need a hug.

Take care

Katie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next