PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 8 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 8 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 8 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

176Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/5/2013, 6:15 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Happy Birthday Doylerdub have a good one!

Goodmorning everybody from a sunny Kilkenny (for now anyway) lol..

take care
ems Smile

177Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/4/2013, 12:41 am

lucy

lucy

Very good programme That was a very brave lady to go through the op wide awake. It brought back old memories but she like myself had no choice but to have it done for a better quality of life

178Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/4/2013, 9:29 pm

ClemMcGann

JB mentioned income tax, I have to remain calm, Thinking about all the extra taxes that have been introduced, is not calming. Then we are reminded of the cuts to services, specifically the attack on carers. Extra tax, less services, they call this austerity. And why this austerity? to pay the interest on the loan which repaid foreign lenders to anglo and nationwide. I know thats not the full story, but it is a major component. Those debts were not our debts. For every foolish borrower there is a more culpable lender. We elected the present government because they promised not to pay the unsecured bondholders; because they promised not to cut home help services, not to close specific hospitals, not to tax the family home. We elected them - and what are thry doing? The exact opposite to their election pledges. I have to remain calm, Thinking about all the extra taxes and the cuts to serices that have been introduced, is not calming. JUst as well that the BBC2 program was mentioned. Now I don't like hospitals. The idea of exploring a brain, while conscious, alarms me. However it was rewarding when the lady - who prior to the op had a very bad tremor - was asked to extend her arm and then touch her nose. That was rewarding. I'm glad I watched that. Thanks for telling us of the program.

http://www.mariner.ie

179Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/4/2013, 3:37 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone Keep an eye out tonight There is a programme on BBC 2 at 9.00 about a lady with parkinsons having deep brain stimulation if anyone is intrested.

Take Csre

Lucy

180Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/4/2013, 3:18 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Have to agree Lucy a disgrace..life can be rough on many people, makes it hard to think positive.

Anyway hello to everybody the weather is beautiful here today hope you guys are well..ems Smile

181Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/4/2013, 10:54 pm

lucy

lucy

It really is a disgrace what the goverment are doing to carers with these cuts. These carers deserve twice the amount they are getting.

182Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Carers 21/4/2013, 2:36 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QsUsPFcWm_c

183Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/4/2013, 12:05 am

jb49

jb49

good morning

Where did that go. I had typed a longish post and whhoooosh, it was gone. My fingers often twitch at the wrong time and stuff happens. I have to back up and retype lots of stuff when my mind gets ahead of these hands. Maybe that is why I am not a brain surgeon, professional ping pong player or the guy sitting at the controls ready to push the button that activates the Big Bomb.

I think that spring is here, daffodils are about to bloom, rhubarb and garlic is poking out of the garden and soon I will find some asparagus. I can't wait for the garden to dry out and I can get some planting done.

Last friday there was a big freezing rain storm. Many tree branches and some trees fell under the weight of the ice. And power lines. We were without power for about 30 hours. Lucky I got a generator and the wood stove. I had to pump water from my basement a few times and at my neighbours but we were okay and comfortable enough. You sure miss the electricity when you don't have it.

Nice pictures Lucy. I like to look at all the pictures that get posted. Congrats to your daughter.

Well it is income tax time here. I didn't make much last year. It may be time to start drawing on a private disability plan that I pay into. Problem is when you declare yourself disabled and start to claim the benefits, you are not allowed to work. And that limits the income. What a vicious little circle. oh well,,, it will all work out.

I hope everyone has a good week.

JB

184Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/4/2013, 7:53 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning from a wet and windy KK, yesterday weather was lovely ah well that's Ireland i guess..lol

Hi Lucy thank you,yes got injection for Carpal Tunnel on Monday it's kicking in now takes a few days..sorry i didn't get into chat last night I'd forgotten Seán had a College open night in Waterford.

As Lucy says guys feel free to register, chat, post..
Take care everybody ems Smile

Last edited by ems on 18/4/2013, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

185Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/4/2013, 9:24 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Clem glad you liked pics clem Ems how did injection go hope it helped. As I write I have just noticed we have 9 guest users online so hello to each and every one of you. Please feel free to register and join in the chat we would love to hear from you

Lucy

186Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/4/2013, 6:51 am

ClemMcGann

Lucy, nice name "Elizabeth", Good to see the pictures. Thanks.

187Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/4/2013, 5:43 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Lucy..pics are lovely..Niamh looks gorgeous glad ye had a good
day.. Smile

188Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/4/2013, 4:54 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Clem she choose Elizabeth there were 139 children for confermation, 88 out of our school 3 out of another and the rest out of 2 other schools just shows you the difference in ths areas. Had a great day must put some pics in gallery

189Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/4/2013, 5:52 pm

ClemMcGann

Lucy - meant t ask - what name did Niamh choose?
have a great day - C

190Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/4/2013, 6:27 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..hope all is well with everybody..Lucy hope ye have a lovely day tomorrow for Niamh's confirmation..enjoy Smile

191Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/4/2013, 12:33 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks again Jb had a quiet relaxing day..

Hello to everybody hope all is good with ye..

Ems Smile

192Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA 4/4/2013, 1:52 am

jb49

jb49

Happy Birthday Emma, I hope that you have a great day and I wish you a healthy and contented year to come, followed by many more.

jb cat

193Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/4/2013, 1:16 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Jb..I'm hungry now..great picture. Smile

194Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/4/2013, 7:38 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland,

Hey, I hope everyone realizes that tomorrow is Em's birthday. Yes, April 3. If only I could mail a double layer chocolate cake with raspberry jam between the layers and icing an inch thick with a tub of vanilla ice cream and a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream to arrive at her door in the morning. huh, too bad. Imagine it though Em.

On another note, I am sending a picture of a particularly big Canadian Orange breasted Robin that sat on my boot yesterday to be photographed. They seem rather tame this year too. The temp is -10 Celsius this morning, so this one will need a pick axe to get worms today. I hope you are all well

best wishes jb

Hello Ireland - Page 8 B3cd75c3-454b-451e-b49b-5d278954ba28_zpsfa4ca1e2

195Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/4/2013, 12:46 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..hope ye are all well and enjoying easter break.

Thank you Lucy.. yes both Seán and i had a lovely little break, bit like family reunion, home again with easter eggs..

Take care all

ems Smile

196Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/3/2013, 10:20 am

lucy

lucy

Have a great weekend with your sister ems. and hope sean enjoys himself. PS PAi won't be the same if your not hers but I will do my best to cope if there is a rush lol. Tell sean not to eat all your sisters easter eggs

197Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/3/2013, 8:35 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello everybody and hope you all have a very HAPPY EASTER..

We're off to my sister's in the morning so i may be missing on PAI for a couple of days, take care..em Smile

198Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Happy Easter 28/3/2013, 10:25 pm

katie

Hi JB,

A happy easter to you too and to everyone who looks in.

Nationwide on Rte1 last night featured Shay Healy and Justin Nelson, both of whom are living with Parkinsons.
Their story is a real inspiration to all of us who live with, and are determined to fight this dreadful condition. You can see it on realplayer if you missed it.

Like most, I dont always post, but I look in from time to time!

Katie

199Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Easter Weekend 28/3/2013, 2:01 pm

jb49

jb49

Dear Ireland Parkies

It is Easter Weekend. A celebration of renewal and life. I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend.

jb

200Hello Ireland - Page 8 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/3/2013, 8:52 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning everybody,

Hi Lucy..glad things went well in Bristol.

Jb..we still have to set a date for beers and shepherds pie and Sean has no prob with the pancakes.lol..banana muffins yummy lol

Hi there Marie..i do eat maybe small portions.no fear i won't starve myself but thank you i did enjoy goody bag.

Any plans for Easter, my sis has invited us to hers in Co, Tipp It'll be nice. Take care all..ems Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum