PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 6 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 6 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 6 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

126Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Hello Ireland 17/8/2013, 5:00 am

MarieB

Thats brilliant news Sean. Congratulations to you and to your proud mammy. Tel is looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Sorry I cant be there but will be at my grandsons hurling match. Will catch you soon. xxx

127Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/8/2013, 8:28 am

katie

Well done to Sean, glad he got the points he needed.Smile

128Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/8/2013, 1:08 am

lucy

lucy

Well done Sean on your great results and ems you are right to be proud. Have a good day everyone from a not so sunny Donegal.

129Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/8/2013, 6:10 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everybody or anybody looking in..lol, Clem, hope you are feeling better..it may be quiet here at times that's the way it goes i guess..

Anyway we are happy here now as my son got his leaving cert results yesterday and yes he got the points he needed with extra..and me well i am proud of Seán ..take care guys

Em:) 

130Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/8/2013, 9:10 am

lucy

lucy

Thanks ems and paddy but its getting near the time now that I would rather forget lol. Forgot to add I still feel like 21. I might not look it but I still feel Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

131Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Hope you have a good one Lucy 12/8/2013, 8:01 am

Pmac

lucy. Just read ems good wishes

Didn't know so I wish you a happy birthday also hope you and the family had a good day

Very best  wishes and many. Happy returns.

paddy

132Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty happy birthday Lucy 12/8/2013, 6:29 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

happy birthday Lucy..hope you are enjoying your day..cheers 

Pmac

56 minutes long worth a look although its fairly dated

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/parkinsons/view/

best regards to all hope you are all enjoying the summer weather such as it is

Paddy

134Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/7/2013, 4:07 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there, Clem glad you are feeling better, Lucy thank you again for a lovely few days from Seán and me..nice to get away for a few days, jb , patsy, and anyone else looking in hope all is well.

Kilkenny is extra busy this weekend as Bruce the boss is in town..

good weekend to you all
Ems:) 

135Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/7/2013, 12:34 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello to all on this bright sunny day..

Happy birthday to Cathy hope you have a great day..
Hi Clem, hope your feeling better..
Jb, lucy, and everyone looking in have a good weekend.

Ems Smile 

136Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/7/2013, 2:35 pm

ClemMcGann

Thanks all,  It is good to go home.  My upperbody will still be in this cage (they say "brace") for another 8-12 weeks.  Well, there is a nice view of Elm Park GC from the window.

http://www.mariner.ie

137Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty wowsers Clem, 8/7/2013, 12:50 pm

jb49

jb49

Hey Ireland,

Em, Lucy, nice to hear from you. Clem, omg, that was a very good story of you accomplishing great things in the utility room. But then the attic.... I am so sorry that happened. I wish you a speedy recovery. It sounds like you banged yourself up badly enough but you might of been hurt even worse.

take care all of you,

jb

138Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/7/2013, 5:12 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Oh dear Clem..you have been through the wars..take it easy hope you
feel better soon..Smile 

139Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/7/2013, 4:20 am

lucy

lucy

God Clem this is a terrible story you have been through the wars. If only you hadent noticed that damed attic door Hope you are feeling a little bit better Take every day as it comes Clem and more importantly dont worry.

JB you asked what was going on in Ireland Well enough said.

140Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Utility Room 7/7/2013, 3:47 am

ClemMcGann

I do not like Mr P, and he dosen't like me.

Sometimes I can escape by literaly runing away.

That worked earlier this year.

We can talk about travels again.
Got some good pictures.

Even got this tablet computer I am using.

I bought it in Dublin California for 199 US dollars.

Enough of that.

The Utility room.

The utility room off the kitchen
Been meaning to do something for ages
but what?

As you enter the utility, the exit to the garden is on your right,
and behind the door on the left are a stack of shelves,
I put up years ago for vegetables.

It is ok. It does the job.  
Back to the right.
There is a window with a sink.  then the washing machine in the corner.

On the opposite corner is a vertical frezer

JP tends to park his bike against that wall, along with a sack of spuds
and when she can get to it, the litter tray forf Mittens, the cat.

Things are in obvious locations, but its not right.

It is dificult to access the washing machine, with the freze facing it.

I don't like that sink.  
It is a stainless steel sink with a drainer on a kitchen press unit

Presses under sinks collect all manner of things.
If you knew what they were, they might be useful.

So, just to snub Mr P lets do something with the Utility room.
First throw out the sink.  The timbers of its press were not the best.
out with the press
.  It was larger than I thought, the drainer, I suppose
Picked up a small vanity unit and put it in instead.
Much smaller, neater.  
Only one difficult job.  The outlet pipe is at a different height.
It cost 20 euro to hire a two inch drill bit, but it bored a neat hole in minutes.
With the new sink in place, move the washing machine beside the sink
and now there is enough room for the freeze on this wall

With nothing left on the other wall there is easy access to everything.
A few minor tasks.  Electric sockets had to be moved.
the freeze door had to be swapped to the other side
The old sink outlet pipe had to be filled in

On the now-empty other wall (except the vegetable shelves behind the door)
I put shelves up high.  Stuff that used to go under the old sink can go there.
For things to be useful, you have to see them, know that they are there.
I never liked presses under sinks.
Below the shelves - hooks to lift the bike off the floor
to keep Mittens happy

Another job done.  Another victory over Mr P.
Actually he tried an old trick.
I picked up a cup and I was unable to hold it firmly
even though I was holding it, it fell from my grasp.
Curiously, the cup survived the fall, but it fell on a plate and smashed the

plate.
I had a few similar instances.  I actually phoned the neurologist that

afternoon.  
Only a secretary on duty, I left a message, I want my meds reviewed

That should have warned me to be extra careful

Wrap up the job. Put tools away.  Put some plumbing parts in the attic.
they might be useful with a future task.

There is a "staire" type of stairs/ladder to the attic.
Put it in myself, years ago.
Sometimes, recently, the attic door dosent quite lock closed
As I was finished, I noticed that the catch had gone misaligned
A simple trivial job to recify.

Back into the attic.  Firmly grip the bars as I leaned over to examine that catch

then it happened.  It is a terrible thing to look at your own hand on a rail
and to realise that your hand is refusing to hold the rail
I tumbled out of the attic smashing my ribs on the banisters
and crashing onto my back,
fracturing vertibre and crushing T-11 which was extruding out
Internal organs bruised and lungs cut by the ribs - I am still coughing up
blood

the pain was unimageinable.
I disappeared under a cloud of morphine
I was locked in a horizontal position
for - i don't know how long -
Morphine related drugs are strange.
I think I went into the chat room here and was lucid
I haven't a clear recollection

Anyway, I am back in the land of the living
My upper body is in a type of cage
I will be like this for about eight weeks
Still a lot of pain.  Very weak. Still coughing blood.

thats enough for now.
At least this, unlike P, will improve

But I can't allow Mr P his victory.
Here in St Vincents there are some Parkinson programmes
I spoke with Heather, their Parkinson Nurse
I will yet make Mr P regret sending me here

http://www.mariner.ie

141Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/7/2013, 12:07 am

jb49

jb49

It is Saturday, who doesn't like a Saturday?

It is grey out here today.  Supposed to be hot today like about 28 C with humidity.  Should be a 3 tee shirt day but nobody wants to hear about me sweating now do you?  It has been a wet month here.  Rain every day it seems.  Good for the garden anyway now that  we have heat to compliment the wet.  I do need some dry weather to get hay into the barn for the fat horses over the winter months.

What is going on in Ireland today?  Have you managed to avoid getting the new kitchen messed up so far Lucy?

Hi Em
Good days to everyone.

jb

142Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Happy Canada Day! 3/7/2013, 6:20 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..first Happy Canada Day Weekend to our Jb (sorry if i'm too late)..
Happy Birthday to girly49..enjoy!

Hello and take care to everybody looking in..

Ems:) 

143Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Hi Everyone 30/6/2013, 11:21 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning.

I guess it is afternoon in Ireland by now, but I am still watching my Morning TV. On the weekends I love watching the CMT channel. The older country music video show titled Old School. Just laying on the couch, listening to the older country tunes. Some of the country videos are really nice to watch and takes me back in time and I just like it.

Heidi is off to work. She works 12 hour shifts as a nurse in the emergency department at the local hospital. Like every public institution in this country, it faces budget shortfalls and she is usually overworked. She does 2-12 hr day shifts and then 2-12 hr night shifts. Then she gets a few days off. No one works harder at her job than she does. If I didn't have Parkinsons and could of kept working productively longer she likely would be working only part time by now. She has always had to do the shift work and the weekends. She misses out on a lot of fun stuff on the weekends because of working. She doesn't complain, and I know that I am lucky to have her as a wife. I always thought that as we aged I would be the strong one being able to drive her around and pamper her. But I expect that she will be looking after me as Parkinsons ages me too quickly. That disturbs me. I don't want to be looked after. But it is what it is and that is the way things go. Right?

Enough Whining.. This is Canada Day weekend. Tomorrow is July 1. Used to be called Dominion Day. We had a family party yesterday. Heidi's nephew teaches with his wife in Malaysia and are back in the country for summer holidays. They came over with their 2 little kids, Heidis brothers, and my grandkids and kids were here. They had a great play together outside, lots of food, watermelon and running around. I love playing with them. Hide and seek, tag, teasing and chasing and a bonfire at night. My neighbour's dog had 9 brown lab puppies so they were over there for awhile too. Kids and puppies, what a combination. We had spent a couple days cooking, cleaning and after they left, we did dishes for a couple hours, took the leaves out of the dining table and did laundry. I'm in relax mode now, the house is pretty quiet today. Nice.

So, I hope that all is well in Ireland today. I hope nobody has dirtied that new kitchen on you Lucy. Em, always nice to see your name in lights. Parkinsons is a lousy disease to get. My friend says it is not for wimps. So gather your best thoughts together, take a deep breath, chins up and carry on the best you can.

Love and best wishes to all of you in Ireland, and it would be nice to hear what you all are up to.

John Bush

144Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/6/2013, 8:38 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all..sun is shining here now it's  going to be a good day..
we hope  lol..  

Apologies to Clem we were chatting last night and internet went here came back this morning ..annoying really.
Lucy, Jb, Katie and everybody looking in have a good day ..Smile

145Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/6/2013, 1:44 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi everybody..Lucy i am jealous but looking forward to seeing your new kitchen..Jb you are a busy man, is yoga really helping? if so that's good..as for everybody else hope all is well with ye..take care ems:)

146Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/6/2013, 10:44 pm

jb49

jb49

Man, I just twitched at the wrong time and lost a bunch of typing that was ready to post. I will try again.

Lucy, not making a fool of you.  Never.  I understand now though I think.  You had new kitchen cupboards installed.  Nice!  That happens over here too about every thirty years maybe in a house.  Houses built back about 80  years and older had the cupboards built in place and are still, maybe worn and weary but still going.  The 60s saw the rise of offsite production and introduction of plywoods and veneers instead of solid wood.  Today many cupboards are sold by building stores as do it yourself kits for homeowners.  Any way, Lucy, I hope you enjoy your new kitchen.  It is a lovely thing.

Your son is a 3 egg boy.  That is good.  You need a chicken or 2 in your backyard.  I have had laying hens for about 15 years now.  My flock at present are seniors and don't lay and egg a day anymore and the ones that they do lay seem to get hidden in the chicken run or barn pretty good.  I have shown them my recipes for fresh chicken soup featuring chickens that no longer lay eggs but it seems to get lost on them.

I went to Yoga last nite.  I do enjoy it.  When I started 2 years ago once a week, the teacher said it would improve my core muscle strength, flexibility, balance and inner feeling of peace and well being.  I was feeling screwed up on all 4 points and so I continued.  It has helped I think.

I looked up the rapper Kayne West as you said Lucy.  He does take a poke at Parkys and gets rebuked.  If there is a silver lining, It would be some exposure for Parkinsons to the public.

First day of summer today and my son turns 29.  He is also supposed to find out if he gets a job he has been doing as a temp.  He could use a good break and that would be perfect if he gets the nod today.  Fingers crossed!!

Well, I gotta go unload my truck.  It is full of scaffold, work benches, metal bender, tools and old windows.  I have a small trim job to do and then it is the weekend.

And then jb carefully finished his post, wished a happy weekend to all, hoped that em was feeling better, and then hit the button to publish his post to the forum before the twitch and shake gnomes could delete it from the magical computer screen.

147Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/6/2013, 1:08 am

lucy

lucy

Jb I know you are making a fool out of me but fool that I am I will explain lol old kitchen units in bin new kitchen units installed

Havent a clue about suits didnt watch news to busy looking at my new kitchen

No there is definately not enough eggs in a dozen my son eats 3 at a time

I am feeling 100% JB walking stilll not great but I am not complaining

Yes JB I let them have a look but they cant touch lo

It was a lovely thing that the pope did down syndrome children are just lovely

Did I forget anything I am sure I did

Did anyone hear about the rapper Kane West apparently he has a new song out and it contains the lines  " shaking like a person with parkinsons " there is a big uproar about it
Thats all folks have a good weekend everyone

148Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Curious.. 20/6/2013, 10:37 pm

jb49

jb49

Lucy, I am curious.  What does that mean, you get a new kitchen Wed morn at 830

Did the suits at the G8 accomplish anything

Have you let anyone into the kitchen yet

Is there enough eggs in a dozen

How come it is so cold.  It is the last day of spring and it went down to 6 degrees C last nite

Where did all the posting people go

Lucy, how are you feeling and getting about now,

And wasn't that cool that the Pope took the young boy with Downs Syndrome up into the Popemobile

And thats all for now.

I hope that you good people of Ireland have a most excellent last day of spring today.

jb

149Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/6/2013, 8:17 am

lucy

lucy

JB I think you got everything covered and gave us a good laugh into the bargain. Just I thing if those suits in Nrn Ireland want to sample my beans they better make it snappy, because on Wednesday morn bright and breezey at 8.30 sharp I am taking possession of a brand spanking new shiny gleaming glittering kitchen. So from then on I have banned all cooking in our house we are going to live on take aways for the rest of our lives.Well who wants to get their new kitchen dirty ???.I shall take my feather duster and give it a quick dust every day and if visitors call I shall leave the kitchen door wide open to make sure they look in. And of coarse at night time I will keep all lights on and I will not close the curtains just to make sure anyone passing in their car sees it Oh hold on a minute our house is hidden with trees no one can see in anyway Goodbye all must go and look for a chainsaw.

150Hello Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/6/2013, 10:20 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning Ireland, well the weekend is over and it is Monday again.  Too bad Monday mornings happen every week. They should start some weeks weeks with a Friday, it could be known as a double friday week, cause Fridays are more fun than Mondays.  Just a  thought.

Watching the morning news right now.  Hey, all the G8 leaders are heading to Northern Ireland for a meeting.  Hope that they figure out something good.  Maybe they won't solve all the problems of the world but I am sure that the meetings would be:

less expensive if Lucy was in charge of the meals and served "Beans on the Ceiling" as the staple meal, repeated daily

more fun if Ems entertained the government leaders by leading a singalong each afternoon before tea time

more focused if Clem Chaired the meetings

more interesting if Patsy created posters for them

boring compared to if we all flew to Ireland and had a fun Parky Meeting, with Beer and Shepherds Pie for dinners and a tour of Ireland by horseback for 3 weeks.  At the end of the 3 week parky meeting, we would make the following  declarations:

1. Nobody on Earth needs to be a billionaire
2. Gun factories should be converted to Kite factories, cause who doesn't like kites?
3. Every third week of the month will have the monday replaced with a Friday with 2 free pints at the pub
4. Emma should be Queen of the world
5. Every person on earth should have an "Echo Beach" that they can get to easily,
6. Everybody has access to good health care
7. Nobody starves
8. Every member of Society should contribute to make a better world
9. Clothing will never have small buttons, shoes will be slipons, no lineups at cash registers, and public washrooms are easy to find and are very clean, and drugs for Parkinsons are affordable and work good.
10. War budgets shall be diverted to disease research starting with Parkinsons,

Did I miss anything?

Have a good day Everyone,

jb

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum