PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thought for today

+6
ems
Ann
MarieB
jb49
Patsy
katie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

1Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought for today 2/7/2011, 2:42 am

katie

First topic message reminder :

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!

76Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 20/8/2011, 5:33 am

lucy

lucy

If you have friends like mine raise your glass. If you dont raise your standards Smile

77Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 19/8/2011, 5:42 pm

katie

Life may not be as good as it should be, but its never as bad as it could be! Smile

78Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 18/8/2011, 9:08 am

jb49

jb49

A big smile is curved line that sets things straight, Very Happy

79Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 18/8/2011, 3:28 am

katie

You're not wealthy until you have something money can't buy!

80Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 16/8/2011, 10:19 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Thought for today - Page 4 0a68bd16

81Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 11/8/2011, 11:05 am

Patsy

Patsy

Thought for today - Page 4 370aaa3b

82Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 9/8/2011, 11:51 am

Patsy

Patsy

jb49 wrote:If you could trade Parkinsons back in to the grab bag of life, and pull out another disease, knowing that it might be anything big or small, and that there is a chance that you could pull the card with no disease, would you do it? Or would you stick with the Devil you know?

Jb "the devil I know is better than the devil I don't know"

The good lord looked down, saw me, and said, aah she is strong enough to carry my cross.

When I look around me I see people suffering much more than me,
so therefore I think I am the lucky one.

To all my friends in this forum, hope ye are all on a good day.

Thought for today - Page 4 34418d4d

83Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 8/8/2011, 11:51 pm

lucy

lucy

Yes you probably did feel guilty JB. Years ago my mum used to tell my sisters who would sometimes arrive at the same time with about 7 kids between them it's nice to see you both coming and it's nice to see you going. Now those same sisters have grandchildren of their own and are sometimes on the phone to me tearing their hair out after some of their visits.

84Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 8/8/2011, 11:11 pm

jb49

jb49

I had this laptop at my Parky meeting yesterday. This very question came up and I was able to read the two responses, Thanks for quick responses. I myself would stick with it. That was the general reply from those in attendance. One lady said that she would of chanced to draw a lesser fate when first dxd but not now.

Before the meeting my Daughter and 3 grandboys stopped by the house. They never stopped talking and running through the house. I was ready for them to go when they left. A friend at the meeting told us that his grandson, 3 couldn't walk without a walker and doesn't yet talk. Do you think I felt guilty for the thoughts I had earlier concerning mine?

85Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought for today 8/8/2011, 3:00 am

MarieB

Me too Katie. I'd stick with the devil I know. Its bad enough, but it could be so much worse. I believe in fate and if Parkinsons is the path I have to tread , then so be it.
I'm not much of a gambler anyway.

What would you do jb?

86Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 8/8/2011, 2:50 am

katie

I believe that what ever will be will be, so I would stick with the devil I know. The alternative might well be motorneuron disease or MS or something like that Smile

87Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Would you? 8/8/2011, 2:24 am

jb49

jb49

If you could trade Parkinsons back in to the grab bag of life, and pull out another disease, knowing that it might be anything big or small, and that there is a chance that you could pull the card with no disease, would you do it? Or would you stick with the Devil you know?

88Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought for Today 5/8/2011, 7:01 am

MarieB

If you can't convince them, confuse them

89Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 5/8/2011, 12:52 am

lucy

lucy

WHEN YOU COME TO THE END OFF YOUR TETHER TIE A KNOT AND HANG ON.

90Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 4/8/2011, 3:12 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Ann wrote:Just noticed we have had 899 posts so far - that is a huge number per person, and I suppose this is post number 900. When we reach 1000 we may do something special!

Wow 900 posts..I agree Ann!

91Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 3/8/2011, 5:39 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Such sad news Ann..i am sorry.
Take Care
Em x

92Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought. For the day 3/8/2011, 7:55 am

MarieB

Very sad news Ann. Your friend sounds like she was a special lady in your life. Couldn't agree more about your philosophy.We only have one life so we must try to live each day as if it were our last.That might prompt some of us to do some of the things we always wanted to do but haven't (for whatever reason) while we still can.

Take care Ann

Marie x

93Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 3/8/2011, 12:14 am

jb49

jb49

Sorry for the loss of your friend Ann.

Sincerely jb

94Thought for today - Page 4 Empty A more positive thought 2/8/2011, 5:29 pm

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

Just noticed we have had 899 posts so far - that is a huge number per person, and I suppose this is post number 900. When we reach 1000 we may do something special!

http://www.parkinsons.ie

95Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought for Today 2/8/2011, 5:21 pm

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

I started this thinking, oh, OK, just put down something, anything, but you know,that isn't good enough. It has been a not so good week for me, as one of my dear friends, one who I was privileged to know, and one I met through Parkinson's, died. If there was ever a positive for Parkinson's it is in the friends I have met. This lady was my rock in the early years, and I cannot believe she is gone.

So my thought for the day: Seize the moment, carpe diem, do something you have been putting off, like phoning that guy you fancy or tidying the spare room, then sit back and bask in the glow of achievement, and then the crucial bit, phone someone, maybe someone you were putting off phoning.

We only get to turn the prayer wheel once.Not the most positive of emails but tomorrow is another day.

http://www.parkinsons.ie

96Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 2/8/2011, 8:12 am

katie

A day without laughter is a day wasted

97Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 2/8/2011, 1:26 am

jb49

jb49

A PROMISE MADE IS A DEBT UNPAID

98Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 30/7/2011, 10:52 am

Patsy

Patsy

Thought for today - Page 4 155c6ea9

99Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Re: Thought for today 30/7/2011, 12:42 am

jb49

jb49

top of the morning to you MB, oooh, probably afternoon 3ish there now. You have many thinkers in that group Marie. Have a nice rest of the day!

100Thought for today - Page 4 Empty Thought for today 30/7/2011, 12:25 am

MarieB

Methinks we have a very clever 'thinker' in our gang!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum