PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

501Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 20/8/2011, 6:34 pm

MarieB

Jb, those piccies are brilliant..
Charlie and Thomas have certainly cheered me up this morning as have the chickens and kittens!
They can come over to my house any time. I'm sure Ems will be delighted and they will certainly make her feel better. What a lovely gesture jb, but what else would we expect from our canadian friend.
Thanks a million and hope all is well with you and your delightful family.

Love Marie x

502Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/8/2011, 6:08 pm

jb49

jb49

Emms, if you feel low today, I'll send Charley and Thomas over with some fresh eggs

Hello Ireland - Page 21 P1050273

[img]Hello Ireland - Page 21 P1050267

Or maybe even some nice little orange kittens?

Hello Ireland - Page 21 P1050290

Bad days make the good days a little bit sweeter!

Have a good one everybody.

503Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/8/2011, 5:44 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Marie..took your advice Seán cooked dinner feeling bit more calm now just one of them Parky days xx

504Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty hello Ireland 20/8/2011, 2:50 am

MarieB

Hi Ems,

Sorry to hear you're feeling low today. I know we're all different but when I feel that way, i no longer try to pull myself together. I just give in to the fact that it's going to be one of those Parky days and go with the flow. Easier said than done, I know.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow and oh yes, you can forget about that sun. What a miserable day it has been. That probably isn't helping. Have a nice cup of coffee and tell Sean to cook dinner tonight!

Love Marie x

505Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/8/2011, 9:08 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all..
Woke up feeling a little low this morning, ah well maybe the sun will shine and perk me up a bit, i guess we all have our days.

Great post Marie, Jb hope your ceiling is bean-free now..lol

Take care all
Emsx

506Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 6:00 pm

MarieB

Hi jb,

Phew! what a relief,we thought you"d gone for good.

We'll have to work at finding another fella for you to bounce off.......

Love from all your irish princesses XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

507Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Well it is like this: 18/8/2011, 9:06 am

jb49

jb49

With the natter and chatter going on between all you ladies it is just too hard to get a word in edge wise.

And how did Lucy up it to ten thousand?

And i think Friday ate the prize Euros

And there should be another man to visit with there, hardly fair me having the ear of 5 Celtic Princesses to myself

And I have been busy lately

And I have been trying to get "Beans on the Ceiling" perfected. Lucy, should I have to scrape them off or just serve the ones that fall

Ah, you girls are wonderful and I am fine. I love to sit back and read your postings.

It has the makings of a reality show.

Love and hugs to you all from Canada, jb

508Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 4:11 am

MarieB

Yeh jb , you're being very quiet these days and your last few posts have been a bit subdued for you. Hope everything is ok at your end. It may be that you just need a rest from the forum and we understand that because you have been the backbone together with ems, Lucy and Patsy to date.
Do let us know if you need some space.
Hope you don't feel I'm being too intrusive but I am genuinely concerned that something is wrong.

Love from all of us xxxxx

509Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 3:47 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Ok ladies..notice Jb's been very quiet now..(not good or what you up to jb?..lets make a fresh start we can make it a prize for the 2000th post.. Very Happy

510Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 3:33 am

katie

Girls and Jb

Im not even in the race, but I'm enjoying the banter. Who really was the 1,000 poster and what is the prize????????

Katie

511Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 3:06 am

MarieB

Sorry Lucy you can't count so you're definitely disqualified.

Whose next in line with a bid??

Marie (a very sore loser...) sob, sob, ssooooooooooobbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

512Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/8/2011, 12:50 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Ems Patsy Katie Marie and JB and anyone else who may be reading. Seeing that there is a bit of confusion as to who reached 10,000 first, I think it's only right and proper that I should get the prize, and before you say it, NO I do not want 2 nights B/B and 1 dinner at the Swanky so come on fork it out I cant wait much longer. Yipee Yipee I'm so excited.

513Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 7:13 pm

MarieB

Ok Ems, I take it all back. Sounds like you really have got a genuine excuse!

Reminds me, must make an appointment with them too!

514Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 7:09 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Marie,guess what? i was in spec-savers yesterday..seriously!
Have a good day to all and thank you.

Ems x

515Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 6:58 pm

MarieB

Sob, sob, I' m devastated............ but congratulations to you Patsy.

Ems, you should have gone to spec-savers!!!

Love Marie x

516Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 6:45 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Oh Dear, Ladies i am sorry..Patsy you are right please forgive me Crying or Very sad ...hope nobody's angry with me Sad

517Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 11:39 am

Patsy

Patsy

[quote="ems"]Think i just missed the 1000th post, Marie got there before me good on you Marie, well would ye believe it..good eh?

take care all
[/quote

Hi Ems
Check again, I think I was the 1000th post with "Thought for today" at 12.19.

I did see the 999, and when I posted I scrolled down and it was 1000.

Hope I am right !!!!!!!

518Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty hello ireland 17/8/2011, 3:21 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,

Sorry to have pipped you at the post Ems (hee, hee)
So I must be in line for a prize then? If so, can I have it before Friday gets his gnashes into it!!!

Loved the one about the beans Lucy. I can quite believe that sort of thing goes on in many places and yes we have watched both irish and uk versions of Come Dine With Me. Hubby likes it but then he watches more tv than I do. I tend to spend more time online with this forum and a Uk forum. If I had to give an opinion, I think it is entertaining but over scripted. It often comes across that diners are just playing to the camera. and that's why they can be so rude to each other. Also some of the menus are ridiculously complicated. I ask you, would you serve up that sort of food in the Swanky Palace?

answer (on a postcard ) please.......!

love Marie

519Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 2:04 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone hope you are all as well as you can be today. JB and Patsy thanks for the birthday wishes. No JB you did not imagine the story. Heres a recap. It was one day when I was slaving over a hot stove (slaving beign my middle name)making an extra special lunch for my guests at the Swanky Palace, Beans On Toast. I thought it was funny that they all ordered the same thing, mabey it had something to do with the fact that it was the only thing on the menu. Your man Parky was keeping his distance and I wondered what I had done to deserve it. I was just about to carry the pot of beans to the cooker when your man appeared with a vengence. My arm shot up into the air so high that the beans flew out of the pot and hit the ceiling. What could I do I wasent about to start this major task all over again. So as they fell from the ceiling myself and the rest of the staff played a game called catch the bean. We then placed them nicely on the toast and served them to the guests who by this time were so hungry they would have eaten a dead dog. And guess what they said it was the nicest lunch they ever tasted.

By the way JB do you get a programme called Come Dine With Me where you are. Does anybody else watch it?

520Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 1:58 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Think i just missed the 1000th post, Marie got there before me good on you Marie, well would ye believe it..good eh?

take care all

521Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/8/2011, 12:00 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Lucy, wishing you a really belated Birthday, I cooked some beans the other day and Wife asked what I was making? I told her "Beans on the Ceiling". Can you refresh that story or is it all in my imagination?

522Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Interesting video 15/8/2011, 6:13 am

MarieB

I agree with Lucy. Some bits were quite scary but thats the reality we potentially face. The devastating impact on family life and not least on the pwp was dealt with in a sensitive but very open and honest way.Both Part 1 and Part 2 were well produced, covering wider aspects of parkinsons eg non motor symptoms as well as the main motor symptoms. The case for better slow release drugs and more research into the "cocktails" on offer is way overdue.

Thanks Ems

Marie

523Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/8/2011, 5:25 am

lucy

lucy

Patsy wrote:
Hello Ireland - Page 21 8c013c2f Hello Ireland - Page 21 9d12a976

Hello Ireland - Page 21 465585f7

Lucy I had visitors during the week, and did not get to read all posts, hence the late b/wishes.

Hello Ireland - Page 21 Ee22cbc5 Hello Ireland - Page 21 03f81169
Thanks alot for the birthday wishes Patsy.

524Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/8/2011, 5:09 am

lucy

lucy

A very realistic video ems

525Hello Ireland - Page 21 Empty Parkinson's Video 15/8/2011, 2:17 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

An interesting video

The Unknown Mr Parkinson's - pt 2 (English version)

you may need to copy and paste to your browser.

https://youtu.be/mISMpzub1_s

Last edited by ems on 15/8/2011, 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum