PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

276Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/1/2012, 1:09 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello friends,

Appointment went well thanks Jb, Stalevo has been increased from 4x daily to 5x..and starting a new med to help tremor called TRIHEXYPHENIDYL..and need some speech therapy slight slurring there, some things i obviously don't notice as others do so we'll see how it goes.

As for the walking stick if it helps by all means..i can almost picture you now Jb with your 'gimpy' walk as you put it.

Marie, Lucy, Katie, Patsy and everybody take care,
Em

277Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2012, 11:32 pm

jb49

jb49

morning All,

Hi Em, how did you do with your Dublin appointment? Maybe you said and I missed it.
Lucy, Hang in there Sweety, I'm sure that it is going to be worth the wait for you.
Hello Marie
Best wishes to everyone.

My right side is tight, but when I walk, it is awkward without the right arm swing. Now I take my walkingstick and place it ahead of my stride. As I step forward, the stick is planted and actually forces my shoulder to rotate. Then I pick it up and with a firm poke ahead of me, I repeat it. Almost look normal but you Parkies would notice my gimpy walk.

Be strong Irish Parkies, I'm rooting for you all!

278Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2012, 11:17 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks from me too Lucy..just back from doc's and chemist guys so i had an early start, Pd can be a pain at times lol..anyway have a good day everybody.

Ems Smile

279Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2012, 12:27 am

lucy

lucy

Mothing happening yet Marie they said end Jan or Feb and then after the op its another 2 months before they turn on the stimulater so a good way to go yet.

280Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2012, 12:16 am

MarieB

Thanks Lucy, have made a note .

How are you? Any progress with the DBS?
Good to hear from you again.

Marie x

281Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/1/2012, 12:07 am

lucy

lucy

Must watch Colm Murrey on RTE tomorrow night talking about Motor Neurons Disease another devestating illness. For anyone who dosent know, Colm read the sport for years on an irish news channel and is now living with this illness. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

282Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/1/2012, 6:51 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Same here Jb I second everything Marie has said, hot choc with marshmallows with ems homemade scones,(haven't made them for a while now) wrap up warm and take care..

Em Smile

283Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/1/2012, 7:46 pm

MarieB

Good to hear from you Jb but I'm surprised you can even type in those temperatures!

They must play havoc with body temperature contro? Must feel like a marathon getting dressed to go out........brrrrrrrr, makes me feel cold thinking about it but I'm sure you're well used to dealing with it all. Throw another log on the wood burner QUICK!!!!!

Apart from being frozen up, hope the old pd is being kind. (Can't believe I just said that.....when is it ever kind???)

Looking forward to your coming out of hibernation. Miss your wonderful sense of humor.

Marie

284Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/1/2012, 1:09 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi friends,

We have had funny weather this winter but nothing funny about my thermometer last saturday morning.

https://2img.net/h/i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x425/jaybee49/P1050716.jpg
[img]

Gotta go, night everyone!

285Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/1/2012, 7:04 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Very good Marie! good to hear your doing well Lucy well done with the resolutions and same here..lol lol..our silly story seems to be making a hit thanks ladies.. Jb, hello to you and Ontario.

Take care friends
Ems Smile

286Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/1/2012, 3:35 am

MarieB

Hello Ireland - Page 12 F70d9429

This is true today......

287Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/1/2012, 11:14 pm

lucy

lucy

Hi everyone long time no post. I am fine just got a bit lazy on the posting front but still kept an eye to make sure that all of you were still posting lol. I am delighted with myself we are half way into Jan and I havent broken one of my new years resolutions, mabey it's something to do with the fact that I didnt make any. Take care everyone.

288Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/1/2012, 5:21 am

MarieB

Hi Ems,

Things are certainly very quiet. Where is everyone? Hope you're ok Lucy......not heard from you for a while now. That goes for everyone else who hasn't posted since Xmas. Just hope you are all ok and that it's just that time of the year!

Good luck for Thursday, Ems. Hope they get the tremor sorted, it can get so exhausting. Mine isnt brilliant either but I have to wait till the end of Feb. before I see my consultant. Anyway, hope you actually get to see the consultant this time. I remember you saying it was 2 yrs since you'd seen him. I know the apd nurses are brilliant but we do need to see a neurologist at least once a year.

Will catch up with you on Friday, hopefully. Meantime, take care everyone.

Marie x

289Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/1/2012, 5:12 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello Friends, hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Things have quietened down here since Christmas. I've got an appointment in Dublin on Thursday to see my neuro/ Pd nurse hopefully it will go well as tremor is kicking up big time over last few months, time will tell i guess. Anyway any news with you guys..Lucy-lou how are you?

Take care everybody
Em Smile

290Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 13/1/2012, 5:52 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

yummy Jb, and left overs nearly always taste better after a couple of days..like my sherry trifle always goes down well but alas i have got to behave before i look like BIG MAMA..diet time..(soon)

What a shame my house is a wee bit small for a treadmill ..oh dear! Crying or Very sad ....

Em x

291Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/1/2012, 7:00 pm

MarieB

That is so naughty of you jb but such a yummy pic of all that is nice............
(no mice pies though!)

Close your eyes everyone.......time to get back on the treadmill..........but perhaps a teeny slice won't hurt, will it???

Marie x

292Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/1/2012, 12:35 pm

jb49

jb49

Good day Ireland,

Thought I would post a sweet picture of some desserts at my house on Boxing day when my brothers and sisters got together there with Mom and Dad

Hello Ireland - Page 12 P1050665

Hope that worked ok

jb

293Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 10/1/2012, 1:07 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Ems and rest f Ireland

Its a cold clear morning here. With a bit of fresh snow. I'm thinking about frying up some left over boiled potatoes for breakfast, with an egg. Yes,
got to go,
have a good day everybody
jb

294Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/1/2012, 5:01 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Jb, and a very Happy New Year to you and yours..hope everybody's in good form Smile

295Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 6/1/2012, 1:21 am

jb49

jb49

Well New Years is over and I am recovered. I haven'tposted much lately. Hope everyone is well and that Ireland drifts across the ocean and nudges up in between Nova`Scotia and Newfoundland so that I will have a pleasant surprise of seeing all of you just by driving down East.

Happy new years to all, jb

296Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/12/2011, 9:14 am

jb49

jb49

Well Christmas is over. It was fun but I need to sleep and recover. Whazzup for New Years?

297Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/12/2011, 6:50 am

katie

Hi to all of you,

Wishing all a quiet peaceful christmas and all of the best for the coming year.

Love,

Katie

298Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/12/2011, 11:34 pm

lucy

lucy

WISHING EVERYONE ON THE FORUM A VERY HAPPY XMAS AND THE BEST OF LUCK AND HEALTH FOR 2012

LUCY santa santa santa

299Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/12/2011, 8:56 pm

MarieB

Hello Ireland - Page 12 19183973

Happy Xmas to all my friends on the forum squeak, squeak.....

Special thanks to Ems for all her hard work (keeping us in check!)

300Hello Ireland - Page 12 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/12/2011, 4:05 pm

jb49

jb49

Right on Em. I'm going to echo you with best wishes for the season to everyone. Everyone be safe too!

jb Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum