PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

151Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/4/2012, 5:37 am

katie

Lucy

Yours is the best news ever and we are all delighted that things went so very well for you.

Katie

152Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/4/2012, 11:22 pm

MarieB

Lucy,

Your very good news is what we've all been waiting for. I'm overjoyed for you and no doubt your family. feels the same. You'll be training for the half marathon this time next year but don't overdo things in the short term. It's literally one step at a time till your confidence is back then there'll be no stopping you, methinks.

A brilliant outcome and you so very much deserved it after being so brave. Well done Bristol but more importantly, WELL DONE LUCY Very Happy

Love Marie x

153Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/4/2012, 10:57 pm

lucy

lucy

Hi everybody i'm back thank you all for your good wishes They tuned me in on tuesday morning. This was done in a portacabin outide the hospital and I was able to walk back into the ward linked on to the nurse which was a major step seeing that i havent walked for a year or more Then they put me on the lowest dose of sinimet plus and when that kicked in the walking stopped so then they halved the tablet and then away I go again. All my dyskenesia has stopped and that was a major problem for me They gave me a 4 wheeled walker to use just till i ger the confidence to go on my own and till i get some strength back in my legs so it was a very good outcome

cathy

cathy

hi jb
the only other treatment offered to me is those awful injections my surgeon said call him when i am ready I dont think I will ever be ready .April is almost gone again lets hope for better in May .

bye Cathy king Idea

155Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/4/2012, 10:18 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Cathie;

Sore knees are ouchy. Is there more treatment planned, or is time to be the healer?

I had to get both of my hip joints replaced about 4 years ago now. I know what sore joints feel like.

Hope you get some relief soon.

G'day to everyone else. The forum is much more colourful now that Patsy and her posters are back. Thanks P!

Fingers are still crossed for Lucy, any word?

jb

156Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty moan moan 26/4/2012, 9:13 pm

cathy

cathy

Goood morning evertbody I had knee arthroscopy three weeks ago not very good results due to PD anybody going through same .

cathy

157Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/4/2012, 6:54 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all..

Have a good day everyone, thinking of you Lucy x

Ems Smile

158Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/4/2012, 6:41 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi All

Hello Ireland - Page 7 013524a1 Hello Ireland - Page 7 A9fb3062

Parky will never defeat us.

Hello Ireland - Page 7 88dc50c5

159Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/4/2012, 11:05 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi All,

Yes, so glad to hear from Patsy again. Any word from Lucy?

Snowed here yesterday.

be stubborn everyone, don't let Parky defeat us.

jb

160Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/4/2012, 2:58 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello all, great to see you Patsy we missed you here.

Thinking of you Lucy Smile everybody take care..
Ems

161Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/4/2012, 8:44 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Lucy
You were very brave to have DBS done, my neurologist suggested it to me I said NO lets hope I don't regret it.

I wish you all the best and hope it will be successful,
I will be thinking of you.
God Bless,
Hello Ireland - Page 7 1c00b9b5

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

162Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 9:43 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi everybody it's been such a long time since I posted, My laptop crashed and I lost everything, images, photos, letters. what I failed to do was to have a backup of everything. Too late I leaarned that, so do not make the same mistake as I did.

With no laptop I was lost, so I decided to decorate the house, It took me a long time but I got it done, (with my son giving off to me for climbing ladders) now I am waiting for the sunshine to do the outside of my house.

I have a lot of posts to catch up on, I have only just glanced through them and I see Jb is still with us, his great photos and posts as usual.

Hello Ireland - Page 7 Yg90Hello Ireland - Page 7 W75-1

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

163Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 6:43 am

katie

Lucy,

I wish only the very best outcome possible for you. Safe journey.

Katie

164Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty good luck 22/4/2012, 6:04 am

cathy

cathy

hi lucy

you will be fine i am going back to bristol june 11th for battery check
i hate the long journey roll on the day we will have our own centre .

cathy

165Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 4:43 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Dear Lucy, like jb and Marie fingers, toes crossed..for a good outcome,thinking of you..

Best wishes
Love Ems x

166Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 4:25 am

MarieB

Lucy, jb couldn't have said it better. I wish the same for you. I am getting good vibes so roll on Monday and Tuesday. You must feel so excited. We all have fingers, toes, legs and whatever else can be crossed for you. Will also be praying for you at Mass tomorrow.

Love Marie x

167Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 4:12 am

jb49

jb49

Dear Lucy;

I wish you much luck Lucy. I can only imagine the anticipation you must have. May blessings shine upon you and your family in the coming days.

Sending you a big hug my Friend

jb

168Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/4/2012, 2:48 am

lucy

lucy

Hi everybody how are you all It is a cold wet day up here in Donegal. Must have an early night tonight as I head to Bristol tomorrow to have the stimulator switced on on Monday or Tuesday so everybody keep their fingers crossed for a good outcome. Will let you know what happens when I come back.

Lucy

169Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/4/2012, 9:34 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Marie B,

Yes, I go once a week to a Yoga class. It is very small group, usually only men. It isn't just stretching and meditating, more a series of stretches and strength building exercises. Someone suggested that I try Yoga so I went one night. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't go again looking around that night as we started. After a couple of warm ups the Teacher, who is also the village chiropractor and karate teacher, said this: If you continue with yoga you will be more flexible, gain more muscle, improve your balance and find an inner calm for yourself. To which I thought: I'm screwed up on all 4 points, maybe I better stick around. I enjoy it now. Even the tiredness that comes with it cause that tells me I pushed myself and that is good. I know that I do the routines better, am more flexible and can balance quite well. When holding positions, my Parky Parts start to tremble but I usually manage to hang on. Its been good for me Marie.

That is good that you go to TaiChi Marie. I don't know much about it but at a Parky Seminar once we did a series of movements of tai Chi. This is easy was my initial thought but after a few minutes and I realized it was indeed exercise. And Parkys need to move to keep moving.

So, what is everyone up to?

Have good days, jb

170Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 19/4/2012, 6:09 pm

MarieB

Hi everyone,

As its been a bit quiet round here, thought I'd mention my first Tai Chi class which I attended yesterday. I've never been to a class for anything since my diagnosis because I felt too self conscious of my tremor and also because I don't like talking about PD to people who for the most part are genuinely sympathetic but have very little idea of how the disease impacts on your whole life. I'm not blaming them for that, why should they?
Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. I got through the hour without a single tremor and didn't lose my balance once. I really enjoyed myself and nobody picked up the fact that I had PD( unless they were being very polite)! One person noticed my tremor when I was registering and made a bee line to speak to me before we went in. Her sister had PD (so her antennae were out) and was a few years younger but from what she told me was much further down the line than (I think) I am. I count myself as one of the lucky ones even though I have some very bad stretches, I seem to bounce back and (even if only temporarily) I can get back a glimpse of how I used to be. Not that I'm one for looking back. I take each day one at a time and try to live in the moment. The unpredictability of PD is what I find most difficult. One day I can feel fine, next day I'm flat on the floor. It makes it very hard to plan things ahead, even going to my next TaiChi class cannot be guaranteed . I intend to remain positive and say I will be going next week.
Does anyone else go to Tai Chi ( it is highly recommended for PWP) for strength, mobility and balance? Does anyone attend other classes. I'm particularly interested in exercise classes but would love to hear about others.
Marie

171Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/4/2012, 5:47 am

jb49

jb49

Loved the story Cathy, I sincerely hope that you write more.

Marie, how proud you must be of your daughter, congratulations

I hope everyone is strong and happy today.

best wishes, john

172Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty farming 15/4/2012, 11:02 pm

cathy

cathy

I could write a short story on the joys of farming .

Long long ago when cows were milked by hand I was sitting on my small chair milking away when suddenly the cow put her leg into my bucket it didn't take long to find out the problem My horrible menace of a neighbour was outside the back door and he picked the cow with a stick I ignored his presence and left with my half bucket of milk which I exchanged for a bucket of cold water and poured the contents out over the back door .He never made a sound .but ofcourse next day was pay back time I was going past neighbours house on route to shop I got a teapot of tea leaves thrown from the bushes all over my beautiful red hair .My neighbour Us't to call me fox And he had the cheek to ask me to marry him when I was Eighteen He was going off to the states and he says now is your chance girl because you might never see me again .To which I replied Good because I don't ever again want to see you.happy days ..

Cathy

173Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/4/2012, 9:26 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Love the pictures jb, and your story Cathy, and Congratulations to Anna, lovely photo, and so you should be a proud mum Marie..
Ems Smile

174Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/4/2012, 8:20 am

MarieB

Today was good because I saw my eldest daughter Anna (Mother of three young children) receive a Masters Degree from Trinity College Dublin. I was a very proud mum indeed. The ceremony was all in Latin ! but just long enough for the children not to get too bored. The picture of his mum was taken by my eight year old grandson Jack.

Hello Ireland - Page 7 89a45d7d

175Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/4/2012, 7:43 am

MarieB

What fantastic pictures jb. My husband asked if they were a white Leghorn and a Rhode Island Red? He used to breed them when he lived in India together with Black Orpingtons. I loved the bird feeders....they make our garden feeders look quite pathetic but I suppose they're only intended for garden birds (of the small variety).

Loved your story of the flyaway muscovite duck Cathy. I can see why your granddaughter thought it had glasses on, bless her. Any more piccies Cathy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum