PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+10
katie
MarieB
Wobbly 1
Patsy
porterboy
ClemMcGann
Ann
ems
lucy
jb49
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 40]

1Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Hello Ireland 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

551Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/8/2011, 11:10 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello,

Well, I told her you were all 5 coming. She laughed and said great! She wants to visit Ireland too and hopes you will show us about there. Yippee Skippee! jb

Have safe days everyone....

552Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Hello Ireland 3/8/2011, 7:06 am

MarieB

We really enjoyed your company and yes. It wasn't long enough but maybe next time we can take up where we left off. I think we might still be nattering if Sean hadn't needed to go home to catch up on his sleep (poor boy had to get up too early!)
Will get back to you soon ems re: support group.

Jb you and wifey are very welcome too (if you ever get back out from behind that fridge!)
what sort of cake does it for you"

Love Marie xxxxxxx

553Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/8/2011, 6:32 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Yeah come on Jb! guess what we had a great day guys..yes Seán and i met an amazing lady and her lovely hubby..thank you Marie for the warm hospitality and chat wasn't long enough.. and guess what Jb..i'm eating a big chunk of delicious carrot cake compliments of Marie..mm i might save ye some..lol
Take care all
Smile

554Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/8/2011, 1:04 am

lucy

lucy

Oh JB you are a darling, NOW WHAT IS IT YOU WANT TO TELL ME C'MON SPIT IT OUT.

jb49

jb49

Yes, the messages were real. 5 women coming to my house for holidays. We will eat at Montanas, see the CN tower, do Niagara falls, tour Ottawa. We have room for them. Must tell Wifey. I'm in charge of this house so I strode up to her and began with, "I was thinking about cleaning behind the fridge and stove today"..it was a good lead in..

556Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/8/2011, 7:54 am

katie

What's the weather like JB should we pack beachwear or
winter woolies, we are so excited, see you soon.......katie

Last edited by katie on 2/8/2011, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops, spelling error)

557Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Hello Ireland 2/8/2011, 7:29 am

MarieB

Gee, thanks jb.

For info: 5 lovely ladies booked on BA flight 3737 leaving DUBLIN for ONTARIO on Wednesday (next)!

Many thanks from all of us jb for prepaid tickets!

Montanas here we come xxxxx

558Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/8/2011, 6:20 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Sounds yummy Jb..same problem here with steak.. Montanas ill remember that..wouldn't it be lovely ladies a holiday in Ontario? Smile

559Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/8/2011, 1:39 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland,

Em,we ate at a restaraunt called Montanas. I had the potroast with mashed potatoes smothered in gravy. Two years ago, I would of had the steak which is getting harder to cut and french fries which now seem to have hard edges to swallow. It was good stuff and the best part is no dishes to wash!

When you bring the Irish Ladies to Canada for a visit, we'll try it okay?

560Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 31/7/2011, 5:54 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Woman's world or not Jb i'm sure you had a ball..ps what did you have for supper..(there's me thinking about food again..lol

Take care our good friend Jb
Em

561Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/7/2011, 12:24 am

jb49

jb49

She wanted to see the wizard movie, I went along, I did get supper at the restaurant out of the deal. I bought the movie tickets and supper. Its a woman's world out there I'm afraid!

Have a great day!

562Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/7/2011, 3:42 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone has a good Thursday.

The wife has granted me a break from doing the dishes and we are watching Harry Potter Part I in review. Tomorrow she is taking me to the movies to see see part II. Think I can get supper out too?

jb

h

563Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/7/2011, 2:09 am

lucy

lucy

It was our pleasure to have you both. Seans meal was lovely,he is a fine young lad a real credit to you Ems

PS And your not so bad yourself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

564Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/7/2011, 1:27 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Folks..hope all's well wherever you are..i really want to thank lucy and her family for a lovely few days last week it was such a refreshing change of scene, believe it or not Jb, Seán cooked a meal for us Indonesian if you don't mind think it went down well..that's all folks.
Take care
Em Smile

565Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/7/2011, 7:23 am

katie

A very warm welcome to you MarieB,

Slowly but surely our little group is expanding, so come on everybody out there, do you want to be in our gang!

Katie

566Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Hello Ireland 25/7/2011, 6:43 am

MarieB

Thanks ems for making me feel so welcome.

I'm really glad I took that first step and just hope that a few more people out there will take the plunge too. This reminds me of the old adage. 'you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink!'. I dithered for months so if there are any more ditherers in the wings, please step forward and say 'hello' As I understand it there's no obligation to post anything . I was happy just reading everyone's posts but now and again I did want to comment but hesitated because I wasn't sure what I was getting into. Well now I know and it feels a very friendly forum and I hope I can make some contribution.

Thanks again ems and I will keep in touch.

Marie

567Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/7/2011, 5:56 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Marie, i can second jb's words as i too use to worry about scaring off people but our friends here whom i can thank for making it easier for me, are great.it's really nice to hear from you Marie..don't be a stranger.
Take care
Em

568Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/7/2011, 8:34 pm

jb49

jb49

HI Marie,

You worry about your post scaring people. I've worried that I scared everybody. Thanks to Em, Lucy, Katie, Patsy and now I hope you, I keep adding a bit. The view meter indicates someone peeks in from time to time. Anyways, it sure is easier to talk to someone than to myself.

I was wondering if my thermostat part of the brain gets screwed up by Parkinsons because I usually wasn't bothered much by the heat. Yesterday I read on an American forum a thread about heat control. It talked about both cold and hot issues; so we are not alone in that.

What is it you call Parkinsons Lucy? Your uninvited Guest? Yes, that is it. He isn't much fun to have but he doesn't seem ready to leave yet.

Hope you have a good day Marie and that we hear more from you. Sincerely, jb

569Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Hello Ireland 24/7/2011, 6:55 pm

MarieB

Hi John,

Thanks for your kind words about my post. Hope I haven't scared everyone off!

About PD body thermostat, I can really identify with your problem but over here i have more trouble at the other end of the temp. scale. I really feel the cold a lot more and once chilled I find it almost impossible to adjust without wrapping myself up in blankets just to watch tv. I'd probably insist on having the heating on as well! Meanwhile, my long suffering hubby is peeling everything off! I imagine 90 degrees must be most unpleasant. No longer want holidays in hot places....how sad is that?

Hang on in there brother, it's just another non motor symptom of PD which most people wouldn't be aware of unless you tell them.

Marie

570Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/7/2011, 4:35 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland, Another day in the 90's. Bloody hot for Ontario. I don't think that I handle the hot as good as I used to. Anyone find that PD has affected their body's thermostat?

Hope you have a super Sunday, john

571Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/7/2011, 6:21 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..

After a few days spent in the swanky palace i must say I'm feeling nice and refreshed..Jb i agree with Patsy it is a lovely picture.by the way we also have some pics here on the forum ..under gallery.

Good weekend everybody
Em Smile

572Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty how many g-kids? 22/7/2011, 8:55 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Patsy'

The lady in the middle of the picture is my daughter. She is the mother of my three grandboys. Her motherinlaw is on the edge of the picture to the left. We have another married son who has no kids-yet! Thanks for your interest and asking Patsy.

573Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/7/2011, 1:26 am

Patsy

Patsy

Jb A lovely picture, are they your g/children? how many g/children do you have??????

574Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/7/2011, 11:18 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Jb A lovely picture, are they your g/children? how many g/children do you have??????

575Hello Ireland - Page 23 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/7/2011, 1:24 pm

jb49

jb49

"Until the day a man chained his bike to a post near to where I sat. I offered him 40 dollars Canadian for the bicycle but he refused to sell. I offered him fifty dollars and said that is better than coming back to a bike that probably will have flat tires anyways. It doesn't have flat tires he replied but then saw the crazy in the corner of my eyes, rethought his decision and held out his hand for the money.

Transaction complete, I tied the suitcase to the bike fender and started pedalling towards destiny."

Deciding to see Ireland by bicycle, and thinking that the man may return after rethinking the extortion deal I pedalled out of town, quickly. When I reached the corner with signs pointing every which way, I realized that I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I turned to the left, and then I saw a man installing new windows into his house. I was thirsty and tired and hungry, (i was born hungry, still am) and worse yet, I hadn't talked to anyone for two hours. I called out good day to him and his mistake was he replied back with a friendly tone. Even enquired back asking about my, (My!?), strange accent. When I told him about the row boat to Ireland, cruise ship with Captain Black, the work at the Swank, Cruella deVille and the car chase with Obama's motorcade, I took up a lot of his time. Thinking he could plug my talking mouth full, he offered me some food and a beer. Grateful for the hospitality,I showed him a trick or two about installing windows. I stayed the rest of the day with my new friend, actually I had to. After he saw me put in the first two windows I think he let the air out of my tires. He offered to drive me back to town, tomorrow. For supper I was rewarded with and enjoyed a huge portion of shepherds pie with lots of onions and ground beef. That evening I went to the pub and enjoyed conversations with my new friend and the locals. Singing our way home, I slept a good sleep in the loft.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum