PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 7 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 7 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 7 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

151Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/6/2013, 8:08 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Jb ,Lucy and to everybody..thank you jb and lucy for your kind wishes feeling a bit better today..anyway catch up soon..

Take care..

ems:Smile and hi from Seán

152Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/6/2013, 6:05 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Ems JB and everyone else who may be looking in JB great to hear from you we will be at your party tonight in spirit I hope you have a really great night Ems I hope you get some relief soon.

Chin up everyone

153Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/6/2013, 5:50 am

jb49

jb49

Sorry you got all that going on Em.  Wow, that is a lot to happen at once. 

Get well soon Dear Friend, Hi to Sean

jb

154Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/6/2013, 1:58 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..sorry I haven't posted in a while..the last two weeks have been crazy dyskenisa is acting up big time,  tripped and battered my knee, week after, i got food poison on the way home from a dinner with my sister and mum, ok here now.

Anyway Jb great to hear from you and fair play to your brother..enjoy tonight sounds like it's going to be a great party..

Take care everybody
Em:)

155Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Knock knock, anybody there? 16/6/2013, 12:52 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland.,

Its Saturday, who does not like a Saturday.

I hope that everyone is well.  We seem to be drawing back here a bit. Me too.  How come?  I always enjoy sharing my day and hearing about yours.  I will try harder to post more and I hope that you all will too.

My brother is having an outdoor party tonite.  It started out as a bonfire and bring your guitar party and sing campfire songs but then he got all inspired because of my condition to turn it into a Parky fundraiser on the side.  He sought and found businesses to donate door prizes, raffle prizes and food.  So tonite I sit around a campfire, hoist up a few cold beers, enjoy some music and benefit from the fundraising that my dear Baby Brother that we call Shrub will achieve on behalf of our local chapter of Parkinsons.

My garden is growing great.  I plant enough to feed all of Ireland.  (kale, boc choy, celery, lettuce , potatoes., corn, swiss chard, etc.).  Endless hoeing though, but it is great therapy. 

I hope that you are all fine.  Fine as can be.

Best wishes to you all.

Sincerely, jb

156Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/6/2013, 5:27 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello to everybody. thank you paddy for great poem..as always nice to hear from jb

Thank you lucy believe me i have had better days,dyskenesia is wicked bad now.
take care every body
ems

157Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/6/2013, 3:53 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Everyone hope you are all set for the bank holiday weekend. That was a lovely poem/song Paddy must print it out JB its great to hear from you I hope you are doing ok How did the babysitting go did the grandkids get their hands on any duct tape. Paddy that sure was a brave man who stayed awake during dbs I can guaantee my eves were tightly shut superglued when I had mine. Ems hope you are doing ok. So to anyone else out there in pd land keep your chin up

158Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Hope 2/6/2013, 11:21 pm

Pmac

Glad you enjoyed it
Apologies for the multiple posting.
Can some one pls edit

Thanks

Hope all is good where you are

Pmac

159Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 2/6/2013, 10:54 pm

jb49

jb49

Hey Pmac,

goodmorning from Canada

Thank you for the Joeseph O'Connor's poem of Hope
It hasn't been a terrific year for me so far. Healthy I am but lots of stuff going on.
I enjoyed the poem. It is a lovely thing, this hope.

I hope everyone reads it and feels it.

Hope all are well,

John

160Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty thank you 31/5/2013, 8:38 am

Pmac

Thanks for the good wishes i would like to share this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Vrt5YjT3I

Its as good as Rudyard Kipling's "IF"

Joseph O'Connor: Hope
In the midst of all the doom and gloom, we still have one untouchable treasure, writes Joseph O'Connor

Perpetual budgets; our spirits are frightened,

Holes in the finances, tension is heightened

By feeling we're buying a pig in a poke.

But there's one thing untouchable: the treasure called hope.

Hope is commitment, courageous and tireless.

Hope is a song you might hear on the wireless.

Hope's an old buddy who says: "Good to see ya!"

It's Count John McCormack singing Ave Maria.

Hope is a currency opens all doors.

It can't be downgraded by Standard and Poor's.

It's Colm Gooch Cooper; it's Binchy and Heaney.

It's Sean Og O hAilpin. It's the Pogues. It's Puccini.

It's Robbie Keane. It's Colm Toibin.

It's walking through the frost in Stephen's Green.

The Who, U2, The Quo, The Queen,

Kiddies dressing up for Halloween.

Hope is a fisherman waiting on a bite;

Hope kicks a ball in the park every night,

Two jumpers for goalposts, no crowd in the stand,

But hope knows it's destined for Wembley in the end.

Fate has a foot that can kick us where it hurts,

When we're waterlogged with worries and we're losing our shirts,

But hope makes a dash from the halfway line

And it smashes in the winner -- in extra time.

Hope is a home, it's a lesson you learn.

Hope belts out a ballad like brave Mary Byrne

Defying all the losers who never even tried.

Hope is a bachelor. Hope is a bride.

Hope is the Sugarloaf. Hope is the sea.

It's the voice of Van Morrison, soaring and free.

It's the silence of The Burren, it's the hills around Tara.

It's the homes of Donegal and it's the lakes of Connemara.

Hope is a dancehall, hope is a flirt,

Hope is going on when your feelings got hurt.

Hope is a mother who just had a baby.

Rope is a mother who just had a baby.

The cynic says 'no'. Hope says 'maybe'.

It's Bray's Katie Taylor and she weaving and ducking

And it's Crystal Swing from Cork (if you're into Hucklebucking).

Hope is a homecoming, hope is a groove,

Hope is a mystery. Hope's a smart move.

Advent is coming. The season of a light

That some say shone on the Bethlehem night,

And maybe it's a fable, but believing it is free;

Hope says look at the stars, never know what you'll see.

Hope's an old soldier and hope is a birth,

It's 33 miners raised up from the earth.

Hope is a sentence in Anne Frank's journal.

Hope is the winter; it springs eternal.

It's Imelda May's blues, it's a wild Irish rose,

It's the feeling you get when the north wind blows

On a winter's night and you're safe inside.

It's living with dignity, passion and pride.

Hope knows the stories of heroes and greats.

We're the people of Larkin and Davitt and Yeats,

Better than a Taoiseach who causes distress

As he simpers in a cupboard called the tabloid press.

We are more than a balance sheet, a plus or a minus.

Don't give the mediocrities permission to define us.

Gloom is a tomb

But desire is a door.

Anyone can open it.

That's what it's for.

Defeatists try to lock it, they're afraid we'd be free.

But we'll slip right through; hope is a key.

Hope is an armour; hope's an escape,

Hope is a holiday anyone can take.

So powerful it should come with a Government Warning.

Hope could be the clothes

Worth Putting on In the morning.

161Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 31/5/2013, 4:44 am

lucy

lucy

Happy birthday Paddy I have a few years to catch up on you yet lol And wishing our member Madeline (herself a pd sufferer) all the best when she takes part in the mini marathon for pd on Monday in Dublin

162Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/5/2013, 5:10 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everybody and a very Happy Birthday to Paulmc make it a good one...

sun is shining here guys..hope everybody is well.take care..ems Smile

Pmac

Amazing or what

will i be able to play guitar after surgery doc?
of course
thats fantastic! i've always wanted to be able to

marx bros

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22667597

ALso this guy has a good take on "disability"

http://www.ted.com/talks/phil_hansen_embrace_the_shake.html?source=email#.UaBx8sWqfWN.email

164Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/5/2013, 12:32 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..Thanks Lucy and JB from me and Seán..it's good to hear from you Jb we all need a break from posting every so often.( by the way a message from Seán he prefers a chicken fillet..lol
I'm sure the boys were delighted with you babysitting i don't think there'll be any need for the ducktape..lol, what do you think Lucy?

Anyway sun is shining..take care everybody
Em

Last edited by ems on 27/5/2013, 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling!)

165Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/5/2013, 11:52 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland,

Nice to see some new names onboard.. Don't be shy about jumping in and making yourself known.

Em, cook that boy an extra porkchop for his efforts. I think I can see the Cheshire cat smile all the way over here in Canada Lucy. Well, you should be proud of him Emma.

It has been a long time since I posted here. Actually, I have not been on the computer too much anywhere. Funny how some weeks I am glued to it and then I will go a long time with out doing any posting.

Well at least I got my garden planted. We have had a ton of rain lately. Actually I should say many millimetres of rain, not tons. tons is for coal, steel and wheat. Actually that should be tonnes. Geez, no wonder I don't right anymore, and that should be write. I remain thankful for the correction keys. I remember typing class in high school and erasing the wrong strokes. OOOh, I am getting ancient.

So what is going in Ireland these days. the news story this week in Canada is OUr prime minister and the senate. Our senators are appointed by the prime minister. It is a cushy job. Not much required of them but pays out about 135 thousand dollars a year to show up once in awhile. A real patronage plum job. Some of the senators got caught for putting in for living expenses that they shouldn't of. Ordered to repay, Senator Duffy repayed with money that (90 thousand) that was giving to him by a personal cheque from the Prime Ministers secretaries personal account. Such crap going on in the high circles, by people who should know better and already have gotten bags of money from taxes on the labour of us working stiffs. Then my Mom gets audited for donations to the church. By the time she paid accountants to verify all to the satisfaction of the smug Revenue Canada Tax grabbers, everything was proved to be proper but the accountants got all of her tax deduction, the officials got their full wage, and the little old lady suffers again while the fat cats wallow in the bacon. uuugh! If only the Revenue officials held the big people to the same standards that they hold the little guy. The thing is that the top dogs are too slippery and have fancy lawyers and so the officials take out thier frustrations on the little man. Someone who can't fight back as hard.

there,, I had a little rant I think.

Well I am babysitting 3 little boys today. The grand boys are out of school today, Professional Activity day for the teachers. So I better entertain them or find myself ductaped to the chair.

Hope you all have a good day in Ireland. Chins up.

John Bush

166Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/5/2013, 2:39 am

lucy

lucy

Well done Sean I would say mum has a smile on her face like a cheshire cat. Well done again and best of luck in your leaving cert, you can only do your best ( but you better make sure you pass lol only joking) Good luck

167Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 23/5/2013, 10:33 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

hello there, why am i on at this time of the night? for those of you know my son Seán, well not long home from a special mass and awards ceremony for Seán's leaving cert and really happy as Seán unexpectedly recieved an award for History student of the year a lovely plaque..exams start in 2weeks all they can do is their best..take care guys..em Smile

168Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/5/2013, 9:49 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everybody..Welcome to Michael07, good one Clem, and yes Lucy's dog does know exactly what's been said..clever Diego..lol.

Sun is shining again here today.. anyway hope ye all are well..

Ems Smile

169Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/5/2013, 9:15 am

lucy

lucy

Good story clem dogs know a lot more than we give them credit for I know our dog knows every word we say

170Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 22/5/2013, 5:04 am

ClemMcGann

A local story, from the Costa Blanca
"mans best friend
Bernhard Schulz, a 74yo PwP, was out walking with his labrador Bijou. He fell and ended up under thorny undergrowth. He could not move. He could not be seen. It gets cold at night. After two days Bobby a search&rescue dog (who was in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake) found them. Bijou was curled up to her owner. It is believed that her body heat saved Bernhard. He was helicoptered to Denia hospital and is recovering.

http://www.mariner.ie

171Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/5/2013, 2:29 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Welcome GeneBrady..Lucy and all members..have a good day Smile

172Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/5/2013, 12:10 am

lucy

lucy

Hi to Gene Brady and welcome to pai you are more than welcome to join us any night in chat between 8 and 10 and hello to all our other members out there from a hurrican blowing Donegal

173Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 10/5/2013, 2:01 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Welcome Dessie81 from me too..hi Lucy and everybody..hope sun is shining where ever ye are..take care..em Smile

174Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/5/2013, 11:03 pm

lucy

lucy

Hello to our new member Dessie81 you are very welcome hope you can join the chat any night from 8.00 until 10.00 and hello to all the other members out there have a good day

175Hello Ireland - Page 7 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 3/5/2013, 10:07 pm

lucy

lucy

Good morning everyone from a raining poring down Donegal Ems dont be greedy send some sun this way. Well everyone have a good bank holiday weekend whatever the weather Take care

Lucy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum