PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deep Brain Op

+2
Ann
lucy
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 7/7/2014, 5:39 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Jb..each day is a little better for now anyway..

all the best
ems cheers 

2Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 5/7/2014, 9:55 am

jb49

jb49

Its good to see your name up in lights Ems. Good for you to get that done. Take care, be patient and get strong again.

Big (careful) Hug

jb

3Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 4/7/2014, 6:50 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Clem hope you are well...so far..everyday i feel a little better so i reckon that's good.

Thanks again jb ..hope the sun is shining in Ontario..
Take care folks..em Smile 

4Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 4/7/2014, 5:50 am

ClemMcGann

em - wishing you the best - that all will be well - Clement

http://www.mariner.ie

5Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 1/7/2014, 12:54 am

jb49

jb49

Hi Em,

It was good to see your post. Don't overdo anything, get some good rest.

It is a nice sunny day here in Ontario. The flowers are blooming, my garden is weeded and there are lots of song birds outside singing their songs.

Best wishes to you Ems

jb,

6Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 29/6/2014, 8:46 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Lucy and Jb..thank you guys for your kind wishes..it was a bit rough at the start of the week bit better now..take care and thanks again xx

7Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 24/6/2014, 10:50 pm

jb49

jb49

Hi Everyone,

Em, I hope all goes well for you in Bristol.

Sincerely, jb

8Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 23/6/2014, 8:43 am

lucy

lucy

Wishing Ems all the best tomorrow as she goes back to Bristol to have her stimulator switched on. Good luck Ems

9Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 18/5/2014, 7:55 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks Ann and Lucy..i got a call back to Bristol 24th of June, Smile 

10Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 18/5/2014, 7:52 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

lucy wrote:Great news ems  surgery over and home in six days ems look after yourself for the next few weeks and don't over do it Get plenty of rest and don't encourage visitors for a while you will have loads of time. I will catch you when you get a bit of a rest

cheers Lucy x

11Deep Brain Op Empty Deep Brain Stimulation op 6/5/2014, 6:19 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

EMS, at long last you are there. Hope everything goes smoothly and shure we will see you some time in the coming weeks, or maybe a month or so! flower 

http://www.parkinsons.ie

12Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 6/5/2014, 5:24 am

lucy

lucy

Great news ems surgery over and home in six days ems look after yourself for the next few weeks and don't over do it Get plenty of rest and don't encourage visitors for a while you will have loads of time. I will catch you when you get a bit of a rest

13Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 6/5/2014, 5:12 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Lucy and Clem thank you both for the kind wishes and yes i am feeling good now was discharged this morning and home again now..Lucy you looked fantastic my mum says same..funny thing is when i woke up after op the nurse came to me asked how i felt and i said good what time is operation she looked at me and said you just had op so that says enough!...take care all Very Happy 

14Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 2/5/2014, 9:11 am

ClemMcGann

lucy wrote:Great news Ems has had her surgery and is doing great. Called in to see her that morning of her surgery and she was as cool as a cucumber. Well done ems u deserve a medal
It really is wonderful to read this news.
I knew that all would be well, but still: it is good to read it; Now, looking forward to details of actual restoration of abilities.  I am happy and delighted for you. I wasn’t really anxious.  Perhaps I was affected by the group up the coast.  (their neuro is opposed to this “novel and dangerous” procedure)  I told them that a friend of mine (ems) was having the operation while I was speaking to them.  I must email them of your success.
Ems - congrats

15Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 2/5/2014, 8:08 am

lucy

lucy

Great news Ems has had her surgery and is doing great. Called in to see her that morning of her surgery and she was as cool as a cucumber. Well done ems u deserve a medal

16Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 29/4/2014, 8:10 am

ClemMcGann

sorry for leaving the chat suddenly yesterday
i am having some problems with the internet
connection here

i trust and pray that all is well with your op
and you will be so much better

i found a parkinson group here and went to them
earlier today. = i am moving this to a different thread

17Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 27/4/2014, 5:42 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Clem much appreciated.. and Lucy you have helped me so much thank you my friend  Smile  em x

18Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 26/4/2014, 9:06 pm

ClemMcGann

ems wrote:Hello there folks...just a quick note to tell ye i got a call today from Bristol i need to be there Tuesday as my DBS operation is Wednesday. Smile 

you have waited long enough,
trusting that all will go well
be a great success
and life will be again
what it was before

will think of you and pray on wednesday

Clement

19Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 25/4/2014, 3:56 am

lucy

lucy

Great ems really hope that it will be a success. I will be thinking of you on Wednesday

20Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 25/4/2014, 3:36 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there folks...just a quick note to tell ye i got a call today from Bristol i need to be there Tuesday as my DBS operation is Wednesday. Smile 

21Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 25/3/2014, 2:27 am

lucy

lucy

http://bit.ly/171y7Mz

might be worth a look

22Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 17/3/2014, 8:00 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Lucy..gosh two years where does the time go it's hard to believe, it's great you are doing well and you look fantastic thanks for sharing as you know i am waiting on an appointment date at the moment. Smile 

23Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 15/3/2014, 8:37 am

lucy

lucy

Two years ago today I was packing my bags to go to Frenchay hospital in Bristol to have Deep Brain stimulation and I must say for me it was a great success. I have to say I am almost symptom free except for the odd time I might have a bit of dyskenesia but nothing major. For me the decision to have the surgery was not taken lightly and it was mentioned to me two years before I actually had it. But in my mind I was nowhere near ready. But two years ago when my quality of life was below zero I had no problem making the decision which for me was a good one. Looking back I dont know where I found the strength but I am glad I did. To anyone thinking of surgery I would say make sure you have plenty of support from family and friends before and after and ask plenty of questions even if you think they are silly because the doctors have heard it all before Also be prepared to go for follow ups This will be my 6th visit in two years but it has all been worth it

24Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 8/11/2013, 5:47 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks Ann,even though i maybe a little nervous about this, i hope i am suitable as there is a good success rate..ok 10th of December here i come..
Em:) 

25Deep Brain Op Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 8/11/2013, 2:26 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

ems wrote:Hello Lucy, Ann and anyone else looking in hope all is well, got a phone call today from Bristol with a date for assessment for DBS yes, in December,didn't think it would be this quick, so that's my news will keep ye posted..take care all..em:)
Hey Ems, that is good news! They could operate in the New Year!  And Bristol is the one location for DBS that I know of that does the op while you are asleep. Also they only shave the hair around the openings through which the wires will be put, and not the whole head.

Suggest you keep a diary! And the best of luck! Basketball sunny

http://www.parkinsons.ie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next