PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Onset PD

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Young Onset PD Empty Placebo Effect 18/2/2014, 8:53 am

Pmac

Hello P from another P

Have to agree with what you say "Most of the information websites and literature is fairly depressing"
but how can you make thinks like constipation "exciting" it is not easy

but old fiend of mine put it in the context that
"none of us ( inc PWP ) are sure what the future holds for us,"

its just now we have to deal with this crap as well "
all you can do is stay positive
it works for me so far.

Just came across this on the BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26191713

IF you want to chat PM me if i can help
take care

PMAC

2Young Onset PD Empty Re: Young Onset PD 4/2/2014, 1:32 am

lucy

lucy

Hi P I have attended Professor Tim Lynch in the mater public hospital since my diagnoses in 2002 and I have found him and his team second to none. Yes the online forums are a very good source of information, but sometimes I would find that the medication in other parts of the world would be completely different to here so that is why I would usually just keep up with the info regarding med treatments in Ireland. Yes there are many young people with parkinsons in Ireland not many around my area but many around the country.There is a young onset irish group on facebook but like this forum there is not that many posters

Lucy

3Young Onset PD Empty Re: Young Onset PD 3/2/2014, 11:48 pm

HughesP

Thanks so much for the replies, ladies. I've been doing as much as I can to educate myself over the last few weeks.
I'm not sure we're in the best country when it comes to clinical expertise on PD, which is a worry, but I can't do anything about that right now.
The online forums around the world are great for getting an insight into treatments/regimes etc.
Who is considered to be the leading Irish authority on PD, do you know?

Are there many young onset PDers in Ireland that you've encountered?
Thanks- and sorry for all the questions.

P.

4Young Onset PD Empty Re: Young Onset PD 3/2/2014, 6:49 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello HughesP and welcome from me too to the PAI Forum.
There's not a lot i can say as Lucy has said it...i was also diagnosed at 41 and yes we learn to accept and handle the illness.

Anyway hope to hear from you and yes let us know if chat times suit you and under general tab you can browse through other topics.

Ems

5Young Onset PD Empty Re: Young Onset PD 3/2/2014, 10:42 am

lucy

lucy

hi hughes p welcome to the forum sorry to hear about your diag, but do not let it get you down I know its easier said than done but that is the way I handle my illness. I was diag at 41 but had symptoms from at 39 .if u want to send me a private message or if you want to log into chat tomorrow night (monday) between 8 and 10 myself and ems will be here and we will help you all we can. But please remember its not all bad. If the chat time is not suitable for you just send me a private message and we can arrange another time So sorry for the late reply but i have only just seen your post.

Lucy

6Young Onset PD Empty Young Onset PD 2/2/2014, 11:20 pm

HughesP

Hey All,

I'm newly diagnosed (37) and quite overwhelmed by it all. I have a lot to learn, and was wondering if there are any other young onset individuals who I could speak to or touch base with.

Most of the information websites and literature is fairly depressing so I'm not sure what the future holds for me.

Thanks for reading,

P
PS: Also, is there another site or forum for patients, as this one is really quiet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]