PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thought for today

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

1 Thought for today on 2/7/2011, 2:42 am

katie

First topic message reminder :

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!

51 Re: Thought for today on 12/9/2011, 2:34 am

katie

Dear Lord,

So far today I am doing alright. I have not gossiped, lost my temper,been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self indulgent.
I have not bitched, whined, cursed or eaten any chocolate.
I haven't even charged anything on my credit card!

However, I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes and I will need a lot more help after that!

Amen

Katie

52 Re: Thought for today on 11/9/2011, 1:16 pm

jb49

sPEAKING OF THAT Rusty,

Along time ago, when Mozart died and was buried in the Church's graveyard, the Vicar could hear a strange sound coming from the freshly buried composer's grave site. He ignored it for a day but the noise continued just loud enough to hear. A crowd grew the next day as everyone listened. Finally the Vicar realized he had just listened to the 6th Symphony; but in reverse. He threw his head backwards and laughed. I figured it out, relax everyone. It is just the sound of Mozart decomposing. Laughing

53 common sense on 11/9/2011, 6:41 am

rustytinman

If styrofoam food containers take 300 years to decompose then why don't they make styrofoam cars and houses?

54 Re: Thought for today on 10/9/2011, 1:49 am

katie

Fear knocked on the door. Faith answered. And lo, no-one was there.

55 Thought for today on 7/9/2011, 4:13 am

MarieB

Can't speak for Katie, but

1, If petrol......................Its run out!

2. If electric.....................fuse has blown!

3. If manual....................got a bad back!

Failing all these excuses, slope off to pub!

56 good one katie on 7/9/2011, 3:52 am

rustytinman

Katie,

I like your way of thinking. What would be a good way to break a lawnmower without drawing too much attention?

57 Thought for today on 7/9/2011, 3:08 am

MarieB

Very good Katie

Mariex

58 Re: Thought for today on 7/9/2011, 2:48 am

katie

A perfect Summer day is when the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the lawnmower is broken.

59 Re: Thought for today on 6/9/2011, 6:16 am

lucy

Marie you are not alone. I have right clicked left clicked clicked up clicked down clicked photo clicked copy clicked paste clicked preview and after an afternoon of clicking still no photo. I have clicked everything that is possible to click all to no avail

60 Posting picture on 6/9/2011, 3:24 am

MarieB

Gee Folks,

I have right clicked (not write) , left clicked, highlighted, scrolled up and down and sideways all to no avail, I'm afraid. Problem is I have all the high tech gizmos (ipad, iMac, PC) and non of the computer skills needed to use them. I have opened something that sounds similar to jb's photo bucket but can't work out how to assign the number to it. !!!!!!!

Anyway, many thanks for all your help. I am determined to crack this one so don't be surprised if two Kilkenny Cats pop up one day completely out of context.!

Mariexxxxxx

61 Re: Thought for today on 5/9/2011, 4:44 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Exactly how i would do it Patsy..hope it works for you Marie.

Or you could go with Jb's suggestion 'Photobucket' it's fun and might be more straightforward in the long run;

Ems

62 To post picture !!! on 5/9/2011, 10:46 am

Patsy

Marie to post picture, right click on your picture, a box will come up, scroll down to COPY click it, go then to post your message, click inside where you write your message, then right click another box comes up, scroll down to PASTE click it, your photo should be there.
To check if it is there click on PREVIEW and that will show you what your post looks like, then press SEND.
I hope that works for you.

LOL Patsy !!!!

63 Re: Thought for today on 5/9/2011, 12:53 am

lucy

yes you are right cathy. You will be sitting up looking down at him but dont be tempted to throw your bucket of blackberries at him it would be a terrible waste This reminds me of a story about a millionaire who died and went to heaven. Our Lord took him to a road lined with beautiful houses, and the further they walked the bigger the houses got. The millionaire was smiling from ear to ear thinking about the massive house he was going to get,They turned a corner and he found he was in a street lined with run down shacks one worse than the other. Take your pick now says OUR LORD. Oh says the millionaire I think we must have passed my house on the other street. No says our Lord your house is here.

THIS IS THE BEST I COULD DO WITH THE TOOLS THAT YOU GAVE ME.

64 blackberries on 4/9/2011, 11:03 pm

cathy

me and my blackberry friend .update he is a multi millionaire today and i am still picking blackberries .his attitude didn't change much so it would make you think honesty gets you no where .but maybe in the next life when he looks up calling me i will shout loudly .your roots are firmly down there Very Happy Laughing down there

65 Re: Thought for today on 4/9/2011, 10:45 pm

jb49

Cathy, the picture of a girl running from a boy across the fields with a bucket of berries is hilarious. Good for you. LOL

Marie, all pictures that I post are loaded up to a hosting site (I use Photo Bucket), they get a designation number that you copy and then paste using the insert image icon.

Freezing stuff: yesterday I put down 2 boxes of raspberries. (before Cathy could steal them!), and 4 meals of corn cut from the cob. I like planting the garden better than freezing the product.

What a wonderful world where you can put 2 eyes of a potato into the ground, hoe it a few months and you get a bowlfull as a return. Amazing!!!

66 Thought for today on 4/9/2011, 8:03 am

MarieB

Yes Ems, I do. I presume you are referring to my quote about the soft fruit season? Have been stewing plums and apples for past two weeks. i freeze a lot so we have them out of season. Nothing nicer than a gooseberry crumble or apple and blackberry pie at xmas and you know where the fruit has come from. Won't be doing much for next few weeks as painter arrives Mondy. Come to think of it jb, he did mention something about a 1 inch brush!. Thanks for the tip off!

Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget to watch the match tomorrow. I shall say no more except UP DA KATS!

Took photo of my grandsons in their Kilkenny colours but can't work out how to get it on the reply page. Computers are not my forte so sorry folks. I will keep trying. Its in jpeg format so if anyone can enlighten me................please

Love Marie xxxxxxxxxxx

67 Re: Thought for today on 4/9/2011, 7:06 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Here here Katie, Jb and all..hugs all round.By the way marie do you like cooking/baking just wondering..

Great story Cathy...
Ems x

68 Thought for the day on 4/9/2011, 1:44 am

MarieB

Thanks for the hug Katie and yes, you are a lucky man jb and yes a group hug sounds really good.

Loved your story about blackberries Cathy. Bet you won't find such sweet ones today. I'm surrounded by them but theyre not as good as they were when I first came here six and a half years ago. Plums have been really good this year as have the baking apples. Now waiting for the cox's to fall.

Maybe you have a better class of soft fruits in Kerry?

Marie xxx

69 blackberies on 3/9/2011, 11:37 pm

cathy

hi everybody its that time of the year again black berrirs
which brings to mind many years ago my lovely neighbour . I had my bucket full and was quite pleased with myself when he appeared on the other side of the ditch and demanded my bucket telling me that i picked them from his side he also claimed the roots were on his side of the ditch .but there was no way e was getting my days pick .i had to think quickly .should i hit him if he fell it would give me some extra time .as he eas bigger than me i made a run for it which took me through four fields.he was very close but i managed to get home with my bounty
only to be accused by my mother of having a romantic interlude with the rat ..i can asure you romance as very far from my mind
we were about twelve years old . my blackberries were sweeter .

cathy

70 Re: Thought for today on 2/9/2011, 9:31 pm

jb49

Well then Katie, I send hugs to my dear lady friends on this forum. I enjoy your warm company and exchanges.

Signed, Howabout a big Group Hug and I am a lucky Man, jb

71 Re: Thought for today on 2/9/2011, 4:20 pm

katie

A "Hug" can say a thousand words.

72 Re: Thought for today on 29/8/2011, 5:44 pm

katie

Dont walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Dont walk behind me I may not lead.
Walk beside me and just be my friend......

73 Re: Thought for today on 28/8/2011, 12:44 am

lucy

When you come to the end of your tether tie a knot and hang on. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

74 Thought for the day on 27/8/2011, 6:46 pm

MarieB

People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but will always remember how you made them feel.

75 Re: Thought for today on 24/8/2011, 8:14 am

katie

Time is like a river. You can't touch the same water twice because the flow that has passed will never pass again. So enjoy every moment of your life!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum