PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

FALLING

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: FALLING on 30/3/2011, 1:48 pm

jb49

I have had both hip joints replaced, 1 in 2008, 1 in 2009. I have walked funny now for years. For the last couple of years, limping has been blamed on surgery but now I am pinning it on Parkinsons. Right now I am doing maple syrup and that makes for lots of carrying buckets in the woods. The sticks on the ground are like snares trying to trap my feet. I shouldn't complain. I don't have to do it. But it is another challenge in my life with Parkinsons. It is harder to hire myself out as a carpenter and i had hoped to make some money with farm products like maple syrup and garden produce in my retirement years. But that may be a limited window. Anybody got the cure yet.

2 Re: FALLING on 11/3/2011, 12:40 pm

jb49

Patsy, so sorry you fall. I worry about that too. Lots of ice and snow to slip on as well. I'm out doors a lot, in the woods, around the barn and in the gardens. I used to be able to work with a tangle of junk around my feet but now I am careful to keep work areas clear. I lose my balance and don't recover fast enough. If I do trip up my first thought is "did anyone see that"

Be careful everyone, Sean

3 Re: FALLING on 9/3/2011, 6:33 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi Patsy..Thank you for sharing ..I wish could help as i am more clumsy as in bumping into things..Have you spoken to your Doc maybe he/she can help or advise...or maybe someone here can advise Patsy on this as im sure there are others experiencing similar if not same..take care patsy..
Best wishes
Em

4 FALLING on 7/3/2011, 11:29 am

Patsy

In the last 2 weeks I have had 4 nasty falls, which resulted in cut knees, hands, and hurt my shoulder, my hip also pains me from previous falls when I fell back on my back. I suppose I am lucky that I didn't break any bones.

Have any of you had any experience with falling, or, is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again.

Lets hope somebody can come up with an answer, or a suggestion, I would be forever grateful.

God Bless us all (in the shaker's + mover's club) and DO have a nice week. lol!

Patsy !!! [i]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum