PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

1 Hello Ireland on 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

76 Poland on 10/6/2012, 12:19 am

cathy

Hi

I am off to Bristol Tomorrow Sunday Checking Battery..
Told all my neighbours I was going to Poland for the match how I wish ..

had a little scare Email from Bristol to say bed shortage ..
but got sorted ..

The staff are truly wonderful there..I had all my thank you cards written..
My son said mother if you do not get a bed you will have to change some of those nice words ..

Enjoy the Sunshine everybody

Cathy

77 Re: Hello Ireland on 9/6/2012, 2:42 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hey JB I'm on my way (medium rare please)..wait for me Lucy and anyone else..enjoy the weekend guys.

Ps..plenty of onions lol.. Smile

78 Re: Hello Ireland on 9/6/2012, 1:49 am

lucy

JB A man after my own heart b/b beef steaks now thats what I call food. So get cooking those steaks we will be round shortly.

79 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/6/2012, 2:09 pm

jb49

Hi Everyone;

Glad to see everyone is busy and active. Ems, if you come on holiday to Canada, we have fire and will bbq beef steak for you, no raw fish. Glad that you are getting around Lucy. Okay, who is mr T. Not that it is any of my business but still I wonder. I have been busy working quite a bit. I'm lucky that i can get out and do that still even if I am slower.

Have good days today everyone.

80 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/6/2012, 2:27 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi Marie..your right about the weather as here sun is shining and showers in between no problem..we are going for one week 20th this month till 27th only 2weeks away..thanks Marie we'll make the best of it, take care and thanks to Tel.

Em x

81 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/6/2012, 2:19 am

MarieB

Agree Lucy but no raw herring for me either. I used to live in Holland and I loved the food but not herring. Very good for the brain, so Im told and Tel loves them.

Looks like we got the weather wrong today Ems, sorry about that but had committed to having the kids after I spoke yesterday. We'll see what next week brings. When are you planning your trip? Are you staying with relatives or just travelling round? Will be very nostalgic ffor you both I would guess.

Marie

82 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/6/2012, 1:57 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Thanks Lucy..loads of room, as for Raw herring you don't know what your missing even nicer with chopped onion ..lol

Take care everybody
Em Smile

83 Re: Hello Ireland on 6/6/2012, 7:15 am

lucy

Good on yourselves Ems and Sean Any room for a little one. Raw herring not for me thanks. Very Happy Very Happy

84 Re: Hello Ireland on 6/6/2012, 6:53 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hello all, hope all is well with ye.. today i booked 2 return flights to Holland for Seán and myself something to look forward to that's my news, can't wait to have some raw herring yummy...

weather not great here today..take care guys..
Em Smile

85 Re: Hello Ireland on 3/6/2012, 5:10 am

katie

Hi to all,

Hope you are all having a good weekend. So much for the sunny south east, its bucketing down here, so lucy I'd stay on the bus if I were you.

Now about the mysterious Mr T, what can I say? (Nothing at the moment) If Marie wont spill the beans, I won't either,

Happy weekend everyone

Katie

86 Re: Hello Ireland on 3/6/2012, 2:00 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hello all..

Glad ye enjoyed cats laugh Marie..yes i'll be here whenever suits Tel thanks..believe it or not i'm still at the backyard nearly done
Anyway hope everybody here have a good weekend.

Ems Smile

87 Re: Hello Ireland on 3/6/2012, 1:35 am

MarieB

A budding poet Cathy,.........Courtney must have inherited grannies talents Very Happy

Did you say Waterford Lucy? Are you having a sneaky visit to the sunny south east? you never know, you might be lucky and bump into You Know Who.............Not sure about a ménage a troi though.......how about you Katy? No

Have you really fallen off the planet Ems? Hope Sean is making himself useful now that schools out for the summer. scratch

88 poem on 3/6/2012, 12:28 am

cathy

here is a poem i found written by my seven year old grand daughter
Mad
MY Annoying Family

MY MOM SHOUTS MY DAD ROARS
MY SISTER ANNOYS ME
AND THE BABY SNORES

COURTNEY CRONIN AGE SEVEN

89 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/6/2012, 10:39 pm

lucy

Hi everyone, hope everyone is keeping ok. Marie you sure had a busy week. I am grand still use the waking aid but can go on my own a bit its just a matter of remembering to keep your shoulders back your back straight and take long steps. But I am not complaining because I can do everything that I want to do.JB Ems Patsy Kathy hope you are doing ok and Katie who is this mysterious Mr T I must do some detective work and find out, right I'm off to catch the bus to Waterford

Have a good day

Lucy Very Happy Very Happy

90 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/6/2012, 8:42 pm

MarieB

Hi everybody,

Been a quiet week forum wise (must be all that sun) but a busy week in every other respect. Between gardening , tai-chi, bridge, grandchildren and just getting through each day in one piece......is quite an achievement. One thing I learnt on the course is to go easier on myself and not to push to ridiculous limits so must keep that in mind on a day to day basis.
Went to Cats Laugh first night in Kilkenny last night. Saw Des Bishop, Shappi Korsandi, Dom Irrera and Neil Delamere. Not sure those names will mean much to anyone but have to say really enjoyed it. Over 1000 people at our show which lasted about 1 and 1/2 hours (no interval). Katy, guess who I saw stripping off , downing pints ,not six seats in front to the right of me. Yep, our gorgeous Mr T, but he was with his wife and family so didn't think it was the time or the place to say hello! Will save it for next time we meet, then tease him rotten about his 'blue' sense of humour.
Ems, where are you. Hope everything ok in Inostige. All being well, Tel will be over next week but you can let me know if not convenient.
Lucy, you still sound chirpy after your ordeal so that has to be good. Are you walking unaided yet.?
Tell us more, we want to know.
Jb, your strawberries sound very tempting as does the rest of your sprouting garden. Wish we could dip into it but suppose we have to be content with piccies.
Cathy and Patsy, haven't forgotten you, just hope life is being kind to you both and you're enjoying the good weather while it lasts. How about some more of your poetry Cathy?

Hope all are well and that the sun keeps shining

91 Re: Hello Ireland on 1/6/2012, 10:00 pm

lucy

Hi everybody. Another lovely day up here in Donegal and here's hoping you all have a great weekend. Take care.

Lucy.

92 Re: Hello Ireland on 31/5/2012, 11:47 pm

jb49

Hi Y'all

Cute pictures Lucy, I am happy that you got them to post

Congrats M and Em on the completion of your course. I hope that it helps you in the day to day stuff. It is very good that you are proactive about your health issues.

It was really too hot here monday, and has since become very nice. My garden has caught hold and plants are reaching up with new sprouts and leaves. The strawberry plants are blossomed and about 4 weeks from fresh berries.

I hope that you all are happy and healthy as can be.

jb

93 Re: Hello Ireland on 30/5/2012, 6:12 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Love the pictures Lucy..such a cute little dog..and thank you Marie looking forward to your picture.. cat

Em x

94 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 8:28 am

MarieB

And WELL DONE to you too Lucy.........you worked out how to post your pictures. Lovely little dog too.

Must post my pussycats one day soon. It's quite a tail Very Happy

Marie x

95 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 6:48 am

lucy

Congratulations to Ems and Marie for finishing their coarse today Well done girls.

96 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 6:34 am

lucy

97 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 6:33 am

lucy

do not disturb

98 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 6:28 am

lucy

message in a tail

99 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/5/2012, 2:31 am

MarieB

Hi everybody,

They say 'a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do......and today Ems and I did just that.......we came to the end of our rainbow and...........finished what we had to do!

You've all been very patient and probably guessed what we were up to but for those who've been 'out of the loop' we completed a six week course on 'Self Management' along with 15 other people  (also diagnosed and living with chronic long term conditions) .  I can honestly say I learnt a new slant on many skills which I assumed I had mastered and it was so good to meet up with new people who were also experiencing the same sorts of problems and getting caught up in a 'Symptom Cycle' common to all of us.  Can't give too many details because of confidentiality but if anyone wants to know more, please message myself or Ems.

So that was that.......or was it?  What I have learnt is that there are no quick fixes and although most of life's challenges may in theory have solutions.......in practice, they are ongoing  and require extra effort (both mind  and body)  from people like ourselves with PD.

Marie

100 Re: Hello Ireland on 26/5/2012, 11:19 pm

lucy

Hi everybody I hope this finds you all well. Its another great day here at least theres a bit of a breeze today that will oool us down a bit.I always said if I won the lotto I would buy a house in Spain but I think these last few days have changed my mind. Keep cool everybody.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum