PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

1 Hello Ireland on 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

51 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/7/2012, 12:17 am

jb49

Well Princess Lucy, I do hope the maids get your breakfast up to you soon. The sun was cracking through at 5 am and the night robins were puttin away their flashlights, now able to catch worms in the dawn's sunrise. I have my grandson here this week. Wifey is off to work and my jobs await me. Everybody have a good weekend.

jb

52 Re: Hello Ireland on 6/7/2012, 10:37 pm

lucy

God Ems 6.30 is still the middle of the night for me I crawled out today at 11.00 and the kids were still in bed at that time. Well I hope everyone has a good weekend and the rain keeps away

53 Re: Hello Ireland on 6/7/2012, 4:35 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning to Jb and all,

Yes time does fly jb, this time next year Seán will be finished school hard to believe..just looking out the window now it is only 6.30 but hopefully it will be nice today..bla bla ok ill shut up guys, take care my friends.

Ems Smile

54 Re: Hello Ireland on 4/7/2012, 7:58 am

jb49

Hi Emma and everyone else
All is fine here in Canada, we had a lovely hot Canada Day on Sunday and a long weekend. It is the second half of the year started now. Where does the time fly
Hope everyone is happy hale and hearty

jb

55 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/6/2012, 6:31 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning all, sun is shining here now lets hope it stays shining. Hope all is well in Ontario, Donegal, Roscommon, Waterford, and everywhere..ems Smile

56 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/6/2012, 5:44 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
MarieB wrote:Hi everyone,
Sorry Ems, I meant to wish youand Sean Bon Voyage early this morning. I really envy you your trip to Holland as I used to live there in one of my former lives. By all accounts they are very advanced with their care and treatment of PwP and yes Katie, I will enjoy my day tomorrow when I attend a Move4Parkinsons day in Dublin. Programme looks really good with speakers from the Netherlands , not to mention Tom Issac , and Margaret Mullarney so will get back with all the news and after your day on Sunday(which I really wanted to go to but left it too late to book) we have a lot of catching up to do.

Ive been busy shopping all day and I feel completely shattered now so hope I recover in time for tomorrows early start.

Sean, take good care of your mammy and make sure she doesnt eat too many herring, frites met mayonnaise, frikandel or Kip and she'd best keep of the dutch beer (which is lekker!), Definitely no pastries but coffee is ok (its to die for....with coffeemelk) and perhaps a couple of Specculas. She was looking pretty good a couple of weeks ago, so no slacking Ems.......otherwise ENJOY and we look forward to hearing all about it. Very Happy

Hi Marie, hope your day in Dublin went well, i'm sure it must have been interesting.ha ha you are so right about the pastries not great, but for the rest yep was great.we'll catch up and hi to hubby..em x

57 Re: Hello Ireland on 28/6/2012, 6:19 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi Mosschops, welcome from me too, to PAI Forum.

Hello to everyone and thank you our breakaway was lovely great weather in Holland..and the herring was delicious..ha ha Lucy, Seán got a good laugh.

Take care guys
Ems Smile

58 Re: Hello Ireland on 26/6/2012, 1:37 am

lucy

Hi Mosschops and welcome to PAI forum There will be someone in chat most nights from 8 to 10 and feel free to post on any topic.

59 Re: Hello Ireland on 24/6/2012, 1:22 am

jb49

Good day to you all.

Ems, I missed you but I will be hoping you and Sean have a lovely holiday.

Luccy would you of really hung him by the ears on the line?

Nice to hear from everyone else.

My garden has been putting out strawberries, lots of picking and freezing to get done.

I love the vegetable garden.

My nephew is getting married in the city today. Hard to imagine that little boy having a wife and house of his own. But he certainly has become a fine young man

Its beautiful green here now, just like Ireland I'm betting. We get some pretty hot days where the humidity is very high. Lucky the nights cool down. I think my heat and cooling systems are compromised by PD.

Everybody be strong, and continue to watch for each other.

Love to all my Irish PD friends, jb

60 Re: Hello Ireland on 23/6/2012, 12:54 am

lucy

Well its pouring the rain here today and there's a hurrican blowing hope everyone has a good weekend despite the weather

61 Re: Hello Ireland on 20/6/2012, 3:38 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,
Sorry Ems, I meant to wish youand Sean Bon Voyage early this morning. I really envy you your trip to Holland as I used to live there in one of my former lives. By all accounts they are very advanced with their care and treatment of PwP and yes Katie, I will enjoy my day tomorrow when I attend a Move4Parkinsons day in Dublin. Programme looks really good with speakers from the Netherlands , not to mention Tom Issac , and Margaret Mullarney so will get back with all the news and after your day on Sunday(which I really wanted to go to but left it too late to book) we have a lot of catching up to do.

Ive been busy shopping all day and I feel completely shattered now so hope I recover in time for tomorrows early start.

Sean, take good care of your mammy and make sure she doesnt eat too many herring, frites met mayonnaise, frikandel or Kip and she'd best keep of the dutch beer (which is lekker!), Definitely no pastries but coffee is ok (its to die for....with coffeemelk) and perhaps a couple of Specculas. She was looking pretty good a couple of weeks ago, so no slacking Ems.......otherwise ENJOY and we look forward to hearing all about it. Very Happy

62 Re: Hello Ireland on 20/6/2012, 12:59 am

katie

Hi to all of you,

Well summer is here at last. I hope it lasts longer than a day. Ems I hope that you have a lovely trip.

Marie enjoy your day in Dublin tomorrow. Perhaps we can compare notes at a later date.

To all of you, keep well and happy.

Katie

63 Re: Hello Ireland on 20/6/2012, 12:46 am

lucy

Hi Ems and all. Ems I hope you and Sean have a really good time as for the tracksuit bottoms it wouldnt be them that would be hanging on the line it would be you know who by the ears sorry sean Very Happy Very Happy

64 Re: Hello Ireland on 19/6/2012, 6:39 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning to all..

Great post Patsy just says it all..well Sean and i head off to my mums today as tomorrow morning we are going to Holland for a week so i may not be able to log in much here for a few days give ye all a break. anyway typical Seán after all the washing and constantly asking 'have you got your clothes sorted?' 'yeaaa then at 8pm last night 'mum i need my tracksuit trousers washed' yep folks guess what's hanging out on my line.lol

Talk soon guys and take care
Em x Smile

65 Re: Hello Ireland on 19/6/2012, 4:12 am

Patsy

Hi Ems, Lucy and all

I agree with ye, as regards football, the men could be at a match on the day, and then watch it again on television that night.

LOL Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

66 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/6/2012, 6:33 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi to all, here here Lucy i am with you totally on this, and when it comes to cancelling a favourite programe ok soap lol for football..ill say no more on the matter..

Sun is shining here guys hope everybody is well. Jb who knows..maybe one day..never say never.
Em Smile

67 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/6/2012, 7:47 am

lucy

Hi JB and all No JB We are talking about soccer euro 2012 They dont play hockey here. Mabey hockey is similar to hurley and all I know about any of them is they are both played with a stick lol. football football football is there no end to it I wouldnt mind but in our house they have to sit and listen to every last word that comes out of the commentaters mouth Mad Mad Mad

68 Re: Hello Ireland on 13/6/2012, 1:08 am

jb49

G'day Ladies;

The Match? Are you meaning the final hockey games? Well last night the championship for this year of the most exciting team sport ever played was decided in Las Angelas when the Kings defeated New Jersey to win the Stanley Cup. Hockey will now rest for a few months before starting again in September. Oh there is some Kicking the Ball Around Game going on over there isn't there....

All is well here.

Hi Patsy, things go well Cathy I hope.

Raining cats and dogs here today. It would be a good day to visit me mom and dad, play my harmonica, clean my garage, do bookwork, read a book, get my fortune read, dig for fortune, consider how fortunate I am, cosider a carreer change, change my bedding sheets, paint my bedroom, paint a water colour, paint the tv room, watch tv, watch the birds, build some birdhouses, vacuum my house, or even just visit around on the internet.

When you land in Toronto I will hire on a parade of white horses and carriages to bring you here.

Seriously, if anyone did wish to pop over I would be more than happy to arrange pickup from the airport and put you up for awhile. we have extra rooms, my sister next door could take a few of you and my neighbour would put up some as well. It is do able

So you all have a good day.

jb as in be happy!

69 Re: Hello Ireland on 11/6/2012, 4:11 am

MarieB

Sorry folks, Four lines......not a single number Sad

Maybe next week.......

Patsy, your pics are brilliant

Ok so whose going to win the match tonight? Don't all shout at once!!,

Marie

70 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 7:20 am

lucy

Great pics patsy keep posting

71 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 6:47 am

Patsy

Hi everyone

What a lovely day today, sun shining, in comparsion to the last 2days of rain, rain, and more rain. My daughter-in-law mum amd dads house which was built two years was almost flooded, the water came right up to the footpath around the house, they were very relieved when the rain stopped.

Ems it ia lovely you have a holiday to look forward too.

Jb are you going to meet us off this private jet that Marie is chartering?.

Cathy

Marie lets hope you win the lotto.

LOL Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

72 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 3:17 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Same here Jb, it would be great the thoughts of us all jetting to Ontario wow! Best of luck Cathy, hope all goes well.

Good weekend to everybody
Ems Smile

73 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 3:04 am

MarieB

Jb you paint a heavenly picture and one so vividly appealing to all of our 5 senses. If I win that lotto tonight,I'll charter a private jet to bring everyone over to the 'banquet'. The recent Jubilee celebrations will have nothing on ours Smile

Good luck in Bristol Cathy. The sooner this treatment is available here the better.

Sunshine Is back after all that rain. Let's hope June is going to stay 'bursting out all over' this time!

Hope all well and having a good weekend.

Marie xxxxxxxxxx

74 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 2:32 am

lucy

JB Would'nt it be just great well the irish lotto is over 6 million tonight so you never know. Wishful thinking I guess. Cathy I agree 100% about the staff in both the Burden Center and Frenchey hospital in Bristol they are just wonderful. Hi to everyone else out there hope everyone has a good weekend

75 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/6/2012, 12:41 am

jb49

I would cover the BBQ with steak if you all could come. In August, when the tomatoes are fat and ripe, brimming with juice, you could walk through the garden creating a salad with red onions and kale and spinach while I dig fresh potatoes to roast with the onions and mushrooms and covered with butter, all washed down with local wine from the county with the best fresh local cheddar cheese the world has ever seen. Then fresh raspberry pies with whipped cream and Baily's Irish cream and coffee. Then the sun starts to set and we sit in lawn chairs around a bonfire with beers and sing songs cause my brother shows up with his guitar and finally as we finish roasted marshmallows and start to get sleepy from the day's fun and our eyes blink against the sleepy elves, the coyotes raise their voices in three part harmony beyond the edge of the fields. Can I mark down a date?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum