PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

1 Hello Ireland on 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

126 Re: Hello Ireland on 11/5/2012, 9:08 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning all, hope you got your tooth sorted Lucy, my son left for school this morning not happy with going on a 8km sponsored walk, to be continued...

Cathy, maybe you should study dentistry lol, then again not sure about the tong thing.. have a great weekend everybody..
Ems Smile

127 old cures on 10/5/2012, 6:47 am

cathy

The only dentistry I can offer would be Pliers from cutting Bonhams teeth or the tongs and cole I will explain..the person with the offending tooth
sits on a chair A piece of cord tied on to the door handle and the tooth.then you hold the tongs with a lighted cole and you proceed to apply same to mouth
and ofcourse the person pulls back and out comes your tooth

So now JB if you come over to Ireland Do not waste your money on fancy Dentists just ask for myself ..

Old cures would be very interesting .I will have a look

Cathy

128 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/5/2012, 6:11 am

ems

Admin
Admin
What a lovely photo Marie, well done Jack.

Hope you see a dentist soon Lucy...thank you guys, yes we were happy to see our relations.

Take care all
Ems

129 Re: Hello Ireland on 10/5/2012, 2:35 am

jb49

Lovely picture Marie, congrats Jack.

Ems, that is nice your visitors got there to see you and Sean

Sorry bout the hail for your husband Marie.

Lucy, don't let that tooth get too bad on you. And I confess, despite all my tools and experience, I can't fix your tooth. I would faint before you.

Cathy, can you fix it?

Good days to all jb

130 Re: Hello Ireland on 9/5/2012, 6:12 am

MarieB

The winners of the Kilkenny County Under Elevens Cup League. The Evergreens........my grandson Jack is second from the left on the front row. They won 4-0 yesterday!

Glad you're getting that tooth seen to Lucy. The sooner the better.!!!

Pleased your visitors enjoyed their trip to the Emerald Isle Ems. Bet Sean was pleased to see them.

Weather has been grim over weekend. The hailstones did a lot of damage in the garden. Hubby lost all his germinating seedlings when the wind tossed the propogater around the garden. He's had to start again today. Sad

131 Re: Hello Ireland on 9/5/2012, 3:11 am

lucy

Hi everybody hope everyone is ok after the long weekend. JB I may have to take you up on that dentristy offer after all because the toothache is back with a vengence. Have to take antibiotics half an hour before I go to dentist and then more when I get the tooth out, I think I might stick it another while because the dentist is not my favourite person

132 Re: Hello Ireland on 7/5/2012, 6:48 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi everybody, hope all is well with ye..we've had a lovely few days here with visitors from Holland and Canada, sightseeing, jb you would love Ireland we have some good sights here.Anyway i won't babble on, take care friends..
Ems Smile

133 Re: Hello Ireland on 4/5/2012, 8:22 pm

lucy

Hi JB and all hope everybody is keeping ok. JB I'm glad your working on your brothers house it will keep you busy and out of mischief. I'm so sorry but I'm going to have to decline your dentristy offer the toothache has suddenly disappeared. Have a good weekend everyone. Smile

134 Re: Hello Ireland on 4/5/2012, 1:58 pm

jb49

Dear Lucy

I am always looking to make more cash. so how you doing with that bad tooth. God only knows I need the extra money, and God knows I got the tools in my kit and God knows that I am experienced at these matters. Well 2 of 3 aint that bad my girl. So should I pencil you in for about 10 oclock

Signed Dr of Dentristry ( i can't spell it, but I think I can do it)

jb

ps, hope you feel better Lucy

135 Re: Hello Ireland on 4/5/2012, 12:02 am

lucy

Hello from a sunny and warm Donegal. Sitting out on the summer seat in the garden all morning chatting to neighbours. Helps keeps my mind of this terrible toothache that has kept me awake this last few nights. Phoned dentist this morning but they wont take me because they say its too soon after surgery, so I e mailed pd nurse in Bristol for advice. If all else fails i'll just have to tie a bit of string around it and pull it myself OUCH Smile

136 Re: Hello Ireland on 3/5/2012, 1:39 pm

jb49

Well, It is May now.

Happy May day to all.

I hope that everyone is happy today and carries a little tune in their heart. Something to whistle to perhaps.

I started some work at a house my brother just purchased. I don't mind helping someone who works as hard as Dave does. We even look a lot alike. Lots of people mistake us for each other when they bump into us. Makes him mad though when they guess him to be the older brother cause he is 8 yrs younger. Anyways, this house is a 5 minute drive from my place. He was a 35 minute drive before. he is now my neighbour. He purchased this place from the bank under power of sale.It needs a lot of work, but he got it at a good price.

Good days to all,

jb

137 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/5/2012, 10:42 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
aaw thank you jb, i may not have a lot to say but am happy enough with you guys and as jb says if no one else wants to post so be it.

Thank you
Ems Smile

138 yohooo! on 2/5/2012, 2:56 pm

jb49

Hi everybody, I am still here.

Lucy, I am so glad that you are feeling well and what your daughter said melted my tough guy heart. I am so happy for you.

And Em is the glue. Thanks Em for keeping us altogether. And if no one else wants to write so be it. I just hope that no one is shy about posting if they feel like it.

Today warmed up a bit. But it has been a cold April. My asparagus keeps trying to poke through and Jack Frost keeps biting it off. Bugger he is. We have kept the wood stove burning most days.

At work today I could really feel Parkinsons in my hand. Screwdrivers and little screws and switching around doorknobs are hard to do for me now. I may try to trade Parkinsons in for a bout of measles and bad case of tonsilitis. Now that would be the deal of the century.

So as a kid, on my Uncles farm, I used to go to the cheese factory with him and my cousin to deliver the milk. My eyes would be barely open but it was nice to get there and shove our grubby little paws into the box of fresh curds that the cheesemaker would leave out for the farmers. It is very expensive to buy them now. When I do, I think of the handfuls of squeaky fresh curds that I ate for free.

good nite my friends, Blessings to you all.

jb

139 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/5/2012, 6:10 am

ems

Admin
Admin
All i can say is thanks to our regular posters, and Marie you are a great friend and i love your posts..

Lucy i am so happy for you.
Take care everybody
Ems

140 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/5/2012, 5:30 am

MarieB

Great to hear from you Lucy. .You sound in fine form. Your daughter must be so happy to see Mammy 'good as new' again.

I take your point about people not wanting to talk but with so few posters we don't exactly qualify for the title of 'good read' either, so as you say why do they bother to register at all? They can enter as guests and read to their hearts content . It's a complete mystery but one I don't intend wasting any more time on. I will concentrate on my forum friends ( if I still have any?).

Hope everyone ok and that the weather improves tomorrow

Marie

141 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/5/2012, 12:27 am

lucy

Hi folks How is everyone keeping? well I hope. We are having fine weather up here in Donegal dry but very cold great for getting the washing dried. I for the life of me do not know why people register and then dont post its not as if you have to register to read the posts because you can read them without registering. I dont think people register to get on facebook because the fb site has only about 5 or 6 regular posters as well.I really think people do not want to talk. Well i'm still going strong and long may it last. My daughter who is 11 says Mammy your as good as new lol. Hope you all have a good day.

PS KEEP POSTING Smile

142 Re: Hello Ireland on 2/5/2012, 12:18 am

MarieB

Cathy, thanks for your reply. You've put forward some good suggestion so let's hear from others. It's not really a question of leadership, Ems does a brilliant job but it's up to us to make te forum our own. Perhaps everyone can give it some thought and we can pool our ideas. When that's done, then we can move forward

Thanks again Cathy

Marie

143 leadership Ideas Topics on 1/5/2012, 11:44 pm

cathy

Hello there .

I was just thinking the other day where is everybody hiding .
Maybe if we got leadership give us ideas and topics to write about if we had a topic for each month our thoughts on May in our younger days and presently or tell our parkinsons stories not very exciting I know but it may help someone .

thanks Cathy

144 Re: Hello Ireland on 1/5/2012, 7:01 pm

MarieB

Hi Patsy,

Ems is right, the regular posters (about 6 out of 92 registered )!!!!!!!!! are not far away but from time to time we all need a break from the forum and the result is...............
We are too small in number and one needs to question the long term viability of this forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ( even if it makes me unpopular) How can people register with this forum when their profiles give no information whatsoever, then without even saying 'hello' disappear into cyberspace. I can only speak for myself but I know others feel the same and what really concerns me is that it always falls to Ems to keep pulling things together. I know she says she doesn't mind but everyone needs some positive reinforcement from time to time and it's just not happening.

The regulars have agreed to soldier on because we enjoy the support we get from each other but when I hear that a good number of our so called members are more likely to be found using Facebook and Twitter , I would like to know why they joined us. ?
Is it because in order to use PAI on Facebook etc you need to register with our forum.? That would at least explain their behaviour If we knew their ages, that might shed some light but having said that the regulars span the 40 to 60 age groups. Please can someone enlighten me?

Sorry to start the day with a big moan but your question ( so beautifully put) needs answering.
Ems as usual can be relied upon to come up with a diplomatic explanation . I as usual can only be relied upon to ask the questions no one seems to want to answer!

Have a good day everyone (and I mean everyone looking in) despite the dreadful weather..

Grump should be my second name methinks....

Marie (Grump) Sad

145 Re: Hello Ireland on 1/5/2012, 5:52 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Dear Patsy, All i know is that our friends here are not too far away (or i think) ...sorry i just missed you in chat the other night patsy..

Weather is horrible here now,take care folks..
Ems Smile

146 Re: Hello Ireland on 1/5/2012, 11:21 am

Patsy

Patsy !!!!!!

147 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/4/2012, 6:58 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Patsy wrote:Hi Lucy

I am thrilled that everything went well for you.

I am going to Knock tomorrow, I shall think of you in my prayers, and light a candle for you.

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy today Patsy, haven't been to knock in years!

148 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/4/2012, 6:57 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Dear Lucy, that is the best news,i am so happy for you and your family, well done

Ems xx Smile

149 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/4/2012, 12:42 pm

jb49

DEAR Lucy,

I am so happy for you. What a thrill you must feel as well and for your family, and your friends. Speechless!

All the best Lucy

jb

150 Re: Hello Ireland on 29/4/2012, 10:00 am

Patsy

Hi Lucy

I am thrilled that everything went well for you.

I am going to Knock tomorrow, I shall think of you in my prayers, and light a candle for you.

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum