PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

1 Hello Ireland on 23/8/2010, 10:26 pm

jb49

First topic message reminder :

Trying again. My first post went spinning off the tracks like a runaway train. Bad Karma? hope not, but maybe two first posts will show up.

I'm John from Ontario. I am going to try a daily greeting thread with this board and see how it goes. Very low key, but sincere, no groundbreaking PD news, just heartfelt encouragement.

My Wife and I drove to Ottawa on the weekend. (250 kms there) Strange city, driving, and restaraunts bring out tremors. We had a great time: visited, had dinners, walked, did museums with my son and wife who live there. Saturday nite we went to an "Irish Pub" and I had a yummy shepherds pie and a bottle of Killkenny. Your beer makes our beer taste like soda pop.

I hope everybody has a good and safe day. Be strong, John

101 Re: Hello Ireland on 26/5/2012, 7:10 am

MarieB

Thanks jb,
I think you and Mr T would get on like a house on fire. Katie and I have a particularly soft spot for him but knowing him as we two do, I'm confident that you would also have a lot in common too.......isn't that right Katie?

As for the mysterious comings and goings of the infamous Kilkenny duo.......not long to go now........then all will be revealed Very Happy isn't that right Ems? By the way, your generous offer of passports etc is much appreciated jb Hope we can reciprocate one day!

Yes everybody do listen to jb and use sunscreen or preferably stay out of the sun..Don't want to scare anyone but PWP have a predisposition to melanomas so we need to be extra careful.

The weather has been brilliant again today but everything in the garden is bone dry so guess where and what I'm going to do now......!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Love, Marie x

102 Re: Hello Ireland on 25/5/2012, 10:34 pm

jb49

gmorning

I am out of the loop but it

sounds interesting
i think i need a word with this mr t
the fake Canadian passports for 2 girls from kilkenny are ready
i sent the requested toolcase to kilkenny post office
and the cottage, as asked for is rented, on Hideout Bay under Kilkenny Gang

everybody should be using sun screen

have great weekends
em, I still love the Echo Beach song

103 Re: Hello Ireland on 25/5/2012, 5:31 am

katie

Hi guys and ladies,

Its been a glorious day here and Im now resembling a lobster!

I could hazard a guess at what those two kilkenny ladies have been up to, but I'm not one to spill the beans.

Marie, I am still struggling with the meds (Mr T is another story)!

Hope you are all keeping fine!

Katie

104 Re: Hello Ireland on 25/5/2012, 1:09 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,

What a glorious day we have but be careful in that sun Lucy. it'll be more than sunburn you'll get if you overdo it!

Loved your 'Good morning /night, Lord' joke Patsy or was that poetry?
Know what you mean about the weeds, they just keep coming and coming no matter how fast you remove them. Im sure they werent nearly so prolific when I first came to Ireland seven years ago.

Take your point about the 'giving' Cathy and know you were 'only joking' but Im not when I say I think God might be more interested in how much we took care of this beautiful world and what each of us has actively done to preserve and / or prevent further pollution and destruction to the whole of His Creation. On reflection, I can see that your analogy of 'giving flowers' addresses the same issue. I always was one for using too many words to say something simple or self evident........sorry!!

Ems, havent you finished clearing your yard yet? Hope you filled the hole in......we dont want anyone finding the evidence.....do we??? Basketball

Katie, any more joy with your meds? No, not with Mr T, with your Meds!!!! Very Happy

Love Marie x

105 Re: Hello Ireland on 24/5/2012, 11:06 pm

cathy

Hi Patsy Lovely to hear you were doing your flowers but remember god will not ask how many you had but rather how many you gave..

just jocking Cathy

106 Re: Hello Ireland on 24/5/2012, 10:55 pm

lucy

Hi everyone God its so warm here I sat outside for 20 mins and my arms are sunburnt even the poor dog wont go out but still I hope it lasts for a while. Yes Patsy I wonder what those two articles have been doing it sounds very sinister to me and none of them are giving anything away. Im just waiting to hear on the news Two Kilkenny woman arrested on suspicion of planning bank robbery lol Well i'll go now before my imagination funs riot any further

Have a good day everybody

107 Re: Hello Ireland on 24/5/2012, 10:27 am

Patsy

Hi Ems, Jb, Lucy, Marie, Cathy, Katie,

What a beautiful day today, it was nice to have sun for a change. I spent the day in the garden sowing flowers, the weeds are growing faster than the flowers. Lets hope it continues for some time.

Jb you must be very proud of your beautiful daughter and granchildren it is a lovely picture.

Cathy "poet" lets have some more of your poems.

Ems and Marie I enjoy reading your posts, what have you two been up to the last 6 weeks ??? nothing bad I hope.

Lucy you keep trying to post picturea, You CAN do it :::::::

Have a good day everybody...............

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!

108 Re: Hello Ireland on 23/5/2012, 7:01 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning all..i am just sitting having my coffee and listening to echo beach on the radio and waiting for the sun to shine ..
Started tidying up my backyard yesterday going to finish it today,.
ok enough i won't go on..hope ye all have a good day.
Ems x

109 Re: Hello Ireland on 23/5/2012, 5:59 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
ems wrote:
MarieB wrote:Agree it's a really lovely picture of your family jb. Your youngest grandson is the spitting image of you.

Lucy, you need to open a photobucket account and then download your photos from it as img image to the forum. It took me a while but eventually got there! I think jb does the same?

Good to hear you're on the mend Katie after a few very difficult weeks. Thanks for your message today- will be back to you soon with the tale of my pussycats tail (pictures and all)!

Good to see you on Monday Ems. one more week and the course will be finished. Perhaps we should let people know what we've been up to these past 6 weeks.......

Liked your poem about the cuckoo Cathy but it made me feel sad too........the secret of good poetry is to stir the emotions so I think you succeeded . I'm assuming you wrote it?

Hi to everyone else. It's good to have your illustrations back Patsy. obviously you've sorted your computer probs.

Thanks for all the info Anne. look forward to meeting in Kilkenny in October and hopefully beforehand in Dublin on 17th June.

Take care everyone ,

Love Marie

Absolutely Marie, interesting few weeks so i will leave you to fill in our friends here..x

110 Re: Hello Ireland on 23/5/2012, 5:57 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
MarieB wrote:Agree it's a really lovely picture of your family jb. Your youngest grandson is the spitting image of you.

Lucy, you need to open a photobucket account and then download your photos from it as img image to the forum. It took me a while but eventually got there! I think jb does the same?

Good to hear you're on the mend Katie after a few very difficult weeks. Thanks for your message today- will be back to you soon with the tale of my pussycats tail (pictures and all)!

Good to see you on Monday Ems. one more week and the course will be finished. Perhaps we should let people know what we've been up to these past 6 weeks.......

Liked your poem about the cuckoo Cathy but it made me feel sad too........the secret of good poetry is to stir the emotions so I think you succeeded . I'm assuming you wrote it?

Hi to everyone else. It's good to have your illustrations back Patsy. obviously you've sorted your computer probs.

Thanks for all the info Anne. look forward to meeting in Kilkenny in October and hopefully beforehand in Dublin on 17th June.

Take care everyone ,

Love Marie

Last edited by ems on 23/5/2012, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

111 Re: Hello Ireland on 23/5/2012, 4:26 am

MarieB

Agree it's a really lovely picture of your family jb. Your youngest grandson is the spitting image of you.

Take care everyone ,

Love Marie

112 Re: Hello Ireland on 22/5/2012, 6:00 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hello there to all..

Yes it is a lovely photo Jb, and thank you Marie for been a good friend..and same to everybody here.

Take care everybody
Emx

113 Re: Hello Ireland on 22/5/2012, 2:48 am

lucy

Lovely photo JB I still havent discovered how to get pics on here. but I can get them on the gallery.

114 Re: Hello Ireland on 22/5/2012, 1:32 am

jb49

That is a lovely poem Cathy

Here is a pic of my 2 of my grandboys and daughter Kate admiring our neighbours new puppy

hoping everyone has a good day
jb from across the pond

115 the cuckoo on 20/5/2012, 3:36 am

cathy

Dear little Cuckoo bird you'r mellow tune rekindles
Happy memories of childhood days of yore
Children swinging in the gentle breeze .
Golden Sunset casting shadows through the trees.
bluebells Dasies Butterflies and Bees , are but a memory now from bygone years ..
Little Cuckoo bird
You will soon be leaving us I know one request to ask before you go
Take our troubles with you drop them in the Ocean blue
Thanks for the Memories
I love you .. :

Sounds that rekindles memories of long ago ..

116 Re: Hello Ireland on 20/5/2012, 1:33 am

jb49

Good morning to the Emerald Isle.

I just thought this: Many families emigrated from Ireland to Canada. Donohues, Kirbys, Ryans, Lindenfields were all common names in my rural community. All good people with Irish roots. It would not be a far off chance that some of your ancestors through fate, moved here generations ago and some of you, maybe Cathy ended up here; just down the road from me. Just a fickle hand of fate thought,

Anyways, gardening. I have a big garden as you know, It was close to frost a couple times this week but this weekend, today is the time to plant garden. I love to get into the dirt and plant way too much and curse the weeds and admire the hilled up potato rows and curse the grubs and smell the berries and curse the robins stealing raspberries and eat the warm tomatoes and curse the tomatoe worms who hide in the leaves and feel better for eating fresh vegetables and whistle a happy tune cause I got tired of cursing. And working the garden is harder with parkinsons but if I do it this year, I maybe can next, but if i quit this year, I know I won't next.

I gotta go and get at it,

pleasant days to all of you

jb

117 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/5/2012, 9:33 pm

lucy

Same here Ems I know nothing about gardening but I love flowers. We had a large garden a couple of years ago but then we cemented half of it and put decking at the back but thers still a god bit of grass left in the middle This year Im going to get a few hanging baskets to brighten the front up. Thats all folks.

118 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/5/2012, 6:18 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
Good morning all,

Haven't posted much over last few days, since my in-laws went back home it's just quiet, anyway it was lovely and good for Seán to see Granddad and uncle. Lucy's right Cathy your own time and pace I know as i have slowed down a bit with housework.
as for Marie's garden wow it is beautiful, we have a backyard no grass maybe it's a good thing as i wouldn't be great at gardening.anyway hope all's well with you guys..Katie hope your ok x.. take care

Ems Smile

119 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/5/2012, 3:09 pm

jb49

Good evening everybody

I hope everyone is still fast asleep and having sweet dreams,

There was a black bear ran across the road just a couple hundred metres above our house and into the woods tonite, It caused a bit of exitement

All the visitors gone home now Em?

warm rains have come and everything is green again,

and I am off to bed,

best to all, jb

120 Re: Hello Ireland on 17/5/2012, 3:03 am

lucy

You will do it Cathy in your own time and at your own pace

121 wishing on 17/5/2012, 12:12 am

cathy

hi everybody
i have one wish just one day to rise and be able to clean the house from p to bottom .roll on the cure for parkinsons
cathy Cool

122 Re: Hello Ireland on 15/5/2012, 7:01 am

lucy

I agree with Marie we take too much for granted The old saying is true you never miss it until its gone I gave the bathroom a thorough spring clean today the first time I was able to do it myself for over a year and boy did it feel good when I had finished. Mabey some people reading this will think that woman has a screw loose lol but it really did make me happy.

123 Re: Hello Ireland on 15/5/2012, 5:13 am

MarieB

We know what you mean jb and the feelings are mutual, I can assure you. Very Happy

As for whistling a happy tune......sorry cant whistle to save my life but maybe some of my friends on the forum can??? Can sing one though. It's lovely to read your really positive posts, particularly on a Monday. You are clearly self motivated with all your carpentry and growing wonderful veg like asparagus and rhubarb. My hubby used to grow them back in the UK but we don't have room in our garden here. We try to eat as much organic fruit and veg as we can and only have space to grow carrots, peppers, onions, spinach, purple sprouting, broccoli, courgettes, salads and tomatoes. We have thought about converting half of our existing garden which is currently shrubs, trees and flowering plants. I hesitate to do that because the garden is very beautiful and I'm sure Ems will vouch for that.

I, too think we live in a wonderful world which most of us take for granted. Yes, even with Pd, I'm glad to be on the journey of life. Pd obviously makes everything more of a challenge, but I'm up for it, no matter what life throws at me. It's not always easy to maintain a positive frame of mind but people on the forum who make the sort of contributions you make, are such an inspiration for all of us. So keep posting jb and thanks for being there.
Marie x and a big hug too

124 Re: Hello Ireland on 15/5/2012, 1:01 am

jb49

Lucy, glad you took care of that.

Spring summer is here, Got lots of aspargus and rhubarb growing in my garden now. It is a wonderful world that I live in, I have been lucky in life. Despite pd, I count my blessings and there are many. Friendship with you folk are in that number. I wish I could crush you all in a big hug.

Have a good day Ireland, whistle a happy tune!

ps, hold you tight I mean, not crush! you know what I mean

125 Re: Hello Ireland on 11/5/2012, 10:58 pm

lucy

Just back from dentist and had two teeth taken out. It was all done in a civilised manner and i'm happy to report there was'nt a tong or piece of string in sight so just looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum