PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deep Brain Op

+2
Ann
lucy
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty Deep Brain Op 24/7/2010, 1:50 am

lucy

lucy

First topic message reminder :

I have had parkinsons now for almost 10 years and I was wondering if anyone looking in has had or know anyone who has had the deep brain op and how it went I would really love to know. Question Question

26Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty DBS 6/11/2013, 7:51 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello Lucy, Ann and anyone else looking in hope all is well, got a phone call today from Bristol with a date for assessment for DBS yes, in December,didn't think it would be this quick, so that's my news will keep ye posted..take care all..em:)

27Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty Deep Brain Op 9/1/2011, 9:28 am

Patsy

Patsy

Deep Brain Op - Page 2 608250df for your prompt reply.
I will not be in the chatroom tonight, I have my 10 year g/son staying over with me, all he wants to do is talk, he does not like me been on the laptop. Catch you during the week. with my bottle of shiraz in hand. drunken

28Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty Re: Deep Brain Op 9/1/2011, 2:16 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Peaches
The deep brain op was suggested to me a few years ago but at the time I wouldnt even think of it like you I would be terrified. Yes you are awake throughout the op as far as I know. Might catch you in chat some night and bring that small glass of alcohol with you lol.

29Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty Deep Brain Op. 8/1/2011, 11:03 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Lucy

My neurologist did suggest DBS to me,I said NO, I would be absolutely petrified.

Is it a success? are you awake during the procedure? do you have to go to the UK to have it done?
Sorry about all the questions, I think with me it is "fear of the unknown"
I haven't yet gone into the links you suggested, will do later.
Take care

Peaches !!!!!!

30Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty deep brain op 28/7/2010, 7:20 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Ann thanks for your reply Hope to talk to you soon.
Lucy if you go to www.pdpals.com or http://gofree.indigo.ie/~pdpals - same place - and look for the patient story link on the left, you will find three or four DBS experiences, including mine. The EPDA website at www.epda.eu.com also has good info, as does www.medtronic.com (look for Parkinson's. The latter is geared to America but that aside the info is good. Maybe I will put in my skype handle and then if you want to talk....G'Night

31Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty DBS 28/7/2010, 6:51 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

Lucy I had it in 2003, seven years ago. For me it worked. Am on my way to my neighbour but will get s few items to you to read, and if you like we can talk about it in the chatroom or over the phone, or if you wanted to meet we could do that. Just chanced on your post tonight. Later. Ann Smile

Notice you are on Skype - me too - we could talk that way if you liked....

http://www.parkinsons.ie

32Deep Brain Op - Page 2 Empty Deep Brain Op 24/7/2010, 1:50 am

lucy

lucy

I have had parkinsons now for almost 10 years and I was wondering if anyone looking in has had or know anyone who has had the deep brain op and how it went I would really love to know. Question Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2