PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Support or Lack

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Support or Lack on 23/7/2010, 3:51 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Thank you jb..I will say that after a visit to a dear friend i feel much better today..so yes it's friends like you, lucy, mike and all you guys that help get us going especially on a bad day.
Thank you all.

2 Re: Support or Lack on 20/7/2010, 3:47 pm

jb49

Hi Ems, My confidence level gets higher as I grow older. I accept my disabilities without shame and I begin every day with the intent of doing my best. I also am more aware of other peoples' problems and try to help them as best I can. That is my plan, it doesn't always work and I do have bad days, and days when my wife would trade me for a good cow dog. Tomorrow is another day and I intend to do my best with my head up high. I am also glad to of met so many good friends, like you, through pd.

May the sun shine upon your face tomorrow Ems and a gentle breeze blow any troubles away. john

3 Support or Lack on 18/7/2010, 4:37 am

ems

Admin
Admin
LOC=Lack of Confidence
CP=Confident Person

Why are people afraid to talk out their problems or fears with others...In my opinion I reckon they are afraid they will be judged, and therefore by telling close friends they fear they will lose that friendship because they feel stupid. Lack of confidence hits many people and can be a very lonely feeling and can in some cases lead to depression.

The confident person on the other hand is to be envied, not afraid to speak their mind.
So if our LOC tells CP that they made a silly mistake they listen and maybe try to advice, but then are never to be seen again which means in my eyes CP went home and decided that is it thought LOC had more sense.

Of course there are silly mistakes that when talked through don’t seem so bad, and then big mistakes that require further attention. I refer to the silly ones mainly pd related, why make LOC feel worse by dropping the friendship.

Genuine friends are so hard to come by.

At the end of the day LOC can be quiet more genuine than CP as they speak from the heart..so why are people so quick to judge.

I have lost friends due to pd but made new ones as my confidence suffered a bit. My new friends are worth so much more.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum