PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you cope?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 how i cope on 5/5/2010, 9:23 am

cathy

hi everybody out there,coping with parkinson's is not easy i was diagnosed age 42 now 56.i am struggling with two problems ,one the actual disease and the other trying to hide it .i was very bitter for years .i had so many plans , but now i am easy and take one day at a time .i am convinced we will see a cure ..last night i dream't i was a dog i saw some people coming up th road i woke up barking..
my huby thinks its real funny..

2 Re: How do you cope? on 4/5/2010, 10:56 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
I was diagnosed with parkinsons 6 years ago and am now 46 the first 4 years i struggled as i didn't know anybody else with pd.

Over the past 2 years i got tremendous online support which made me feel i'm not on my own here. And now PAI is helping me along I find it much easier to cope if i chat with someone in my situation. Now i hope to start a support group in my area (kilkenny)

3 How do you cope? on 4/5/2010, 10:34 pm

lucy

Its been almost ten years now since my first signs of parkinsons appeared, and although there is no support group in our area I do have a friend who also has parkinsons to talk to.I've heard it said that people with parkinsons just want to get on with life and deal with it themselves. What do you think?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum