PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

A new decade - and things will change for the better, like in the last decade!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

narkeyparkey

Welcome to the Forum narkeyparkey,great name by the way.Your doing fine just takes a little getting used to. if unsure just click on portal then under relevant topic and type in your message or come in to chat room by clicking on PAI.
EMS

Last edited by ems on 25/4/2010, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : matching message under correct topic)

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

I hate the start of another year - something to do with no longer wishing my life away I think.

Then I suddenly had a picture of Professor Peter Jenner, a UK researcher, whom I heard speak about two years ago. He stood there, surveying the audience, made up mostly of people with Parkinson's, and then he commented on the difference in what he saw compared to ten years previously - he said that ten years ago the room would have been heaving with people with dyskinesias - involuntary movements caused by medication that begin to be seen with more advanced Parkinson's.

Then he said to look around, and as we did, what he was saying suddenly dawned on us all - there was hardly a dyskinesia to be seen!

A hopeful thought for the new decade. Check back with me in ten years and we will no doubt see something else - perhaps the back of Parkinson's for good - now there's a thought!

Happy New Year. Razz

http://www.parkinsons.ie

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum