PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

To post or not to post that is the question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pmac

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/billy-connolly-ditches-parkinsons-disease-3219096

Thanks billy.
pD

It's just so much fun this soon every on e will want it lol!

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Pmac..now that you mention Leonard Cohen i've got a cd of his here though your song 'closing time is not on it' wonder why lol. he would not be a fan to a lot of people understandable of course.. thank you for your post good reading ...
Take care

ems Smile

Pmac

Hello ems

Quiet. Alrightg

Reminds me of Leonard Cohen song
Closing time

All a bit deep for this time of night  
but check it on you tube

On partying

Yeah we're drinking and we're dancing
but there's nothing really happening
and the place is dead as Heaven on a Saturday night
".................."...........

On life

So we struggle and we stagger
down the snakes and up the ladder

to the tower where the blessed hours chime
and I swear it happened".."...........

Take care
Pmac

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Pmac good to hear from you yep it is quiet here as you say, shy...

anyway take care  Very Happy 

5To post or not to post that is the question Empty the watchers 26/2/2014, 8:55 am

Pmac

Just looking there some people are shy
i just don't  understand it

thread name
young onset PD thread 5 replies  really three & 137 views  = 2%  so 98%
don't even say hello good night kiss my ....

to poet or not to post

232 views  15 replies = 6%   so the other 94 % stay in corner

im off

PMAC

6To post or not to post that is the question Empty insomnia 20/2/2014, 12:35 pm

Pmac

I tried to write a joke about insomnia.
I was up all night.
=========================================

I won't rest until I find a cure for Insomnia

==========================================

what do you get when you cross an insomniac, an unwilling agnostic and a dyslexic?"

??????????????

"You get someone who stays up all night torturing himself mentally over the question of whether or not there's a dog.”

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks for that Paddy...regarding your link my surname (maiden name) i s Fitzgerald no relation just funny..lol..

your shelves...10years? haven't a clue..
Take care
Ems Very Happy Very Happy 

Pmac

Don't worry about that EMS

Your in famous company

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/garret-gave-a-polished-speech-despite-odd-shoes-27580969.html

That's why I only ever buy black socks.
Still end up with different shades of grey.
The shelves are up
Now for how long. .????. Is anyone's guess.

Take care

lucy

lucy

Ems you definitely need to a go to specsavers

oops Lucy...did i not say where i went in kk?? yes specsavers aah well sean got a laugh when i got home..  Very Happy

Last edited by ems on 9/2/2014, 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellings)

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey lucy ..wakey wakey..i'm sure you are wide awake now, lol

Paddy..how are the shelves going?

me well i went to kk this morning everything was fine until i got into the bus  sat down and discovered i was wearing 2 odd shoes yes shoes thank god there were
my black ones, no excuse really except it was 7.45am got a few smiles and met a friend 0f mine she got a right laugh at my expense..ha ha it was funny though Very Happy .

lucy

lucy

Yawn have just woken up What time is it ??? Oh its only 10.55 another hour yet

Goodnight. Zzzzzzzzz

Pmac

Update.
Think I will keep those slightly ripe banana in the Fridge a bit longer
Maybe I can sell the fruit flies That emerge Or make friends with them. In the wee small hours.

Pmac

U think u would get the washing ironing. Done. Maybe anice bit of hoovering if it's not too noisy

Me I'm drilling the wall for some new shelves.

If I can't sleep then ...............

lucy

lucy

Hello please ignore spelling mistakes below it was not easy typing with one eye opened and living in fear of getting another dig in the ribs

Update I am now back in the bed and he is on the sofa and I am going to die until 12.00 tomorrow or should that be today

Guess what I wasn't so lucky with the hot water bottles this time. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Keep tuned in for latest updates

lucy

lucy

Paddy what are you doing posting at 4.30 in the morning sure any respectable person would leave it till at least 5 4 lol. Well fedk this carry on I am getting up to lie on the sofa laying here all night him pulling the duvet one way and me the other way and then I will get a dig in the ribs gone rrun out an get me a couple of tablets I am going to run alright run away
From home (but not today) anyway he is. Snoring now so I am going to ma ke a quick exit (quick what's that lol) and guess what I am taking the two hot water bottles with me sweet dreams every body zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pmac

Lucy your a tonic
You think itsvquiet during the day.
What. Chance. 4:30 am

Leave the hubby alone don't u know aboutM
AN
Flu.

You ladies have no idea.

lucy

lucy

Hi everybody looking in. Yip Paddy I have come to the conclusion a long tine ago that people definately do not want to talk and I respect their choice Yea I seen the article on folic acid and would have been first in the chemist today only the weather said differently. Husband sitting all day with two hot water bottles under his coat he has a wee bit off a cold but thinks hes on the verge of slipping into the next world at any minit. Daughter hobbling about on one leg complaining off a sore toe lol. and you would hear my son coughing in kilkenny. Then the friends land at the door and just like that all ailments dissapear. Sometimes I think I am the only healthy one in this house lol. Was talking to a mam from Derry the other day he is only 38 has had parkinsons since he was 26 symptoms since he was 23 so that is tough. And guess what he and a group of friends climbed mount errigall last week in the middle of the bad weather all in aid of parkinsons the pictures are on the michael j fox website

18To post or not to post that is the question Empty to post or not 8/2/2014, 10:14 am

Pmac

This is in no way critical of the members but

I think its an irish thing we are all tooooooo   polite

and wont say nothing in case we "offend the neighbours "

the forum is mostly one heading  "hello ireland"  

would a few interesting  headings spark an  interest

for example

Know any good jokes about this condition   ???    

see what i mean !!!!!

maybe get richie cavacngh  or billy connolly to write a song about it

I don,t know how Joe Duffy radio 1 gets so many contributors  all crying about "their cause " and i applaud them  im not criticising.

while PWP just stay in the background  quietly  even "young and working age " PWP  (to a degree) the choir and shay healy are to be praised for raising the profile.

IT seems par for the course ,  of this curse  of a disease
is it the age profile ?? just accepting their lot

What do I know

Feel free to tell me shut up i promise i wont be offended

did any of u read about the fruit flies and folic acid

hope this link works

http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-02-04/parkinsons-disease-university-of-leicester-hails-scientific-breakthrough/

best wishes to all of you

Pmac

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi and thanks to Lucy and Katie..yes it has been quiet here lucy and yes to katie we have all these members and yet so few posters what can i say are they just not bothered or interested??? lucy and myself are in chat every night
Anyway no pressure, if people are not into chatting there's always posting in your comments .. just wondering hope things are ok with ye all out there..

Em Very Happy 

katie

Hi Lucy,

Just happened to log in and felt I should respond to your question about posting.  Where is everybody? Why don't people post when they have taken the trouble to join the forum?  I really don't know the answer, I used to take a more active part in the forum, looking back I have 177 posts, but if there is only an occasional post, it is easy to loose interest and think that there is no one out there Rolling Eyes 

I will make more of an effort to log in on a regular basis.  Anyone else?????

Katie

lucy

lucy

Why no posters?? That is the question I have asked myself a thousand times over and still cant come up with an answer. We have 114 registered users and no one asks any questions or makes any kind of comments. Maybe people use other sites or maybe they dont want to talk to strangers or maybe they think that its just too public or maybe some just like to read the comments but for whatever reason it is entirely everyones own choice to post or not to post. For any one who dosen't want to post publiclay feel free to private message me anytime.

Any comments ??? even if it's just to tell me to mind my own business  Very Happy Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum