PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 14 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 14 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 14 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

326Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 18/10/2012, 12:47 am

jb49

jb49

Good morning Ireland.

The leaves are changing colours now. Ontario is quite pretty this time of year.
Hello Ireland - Page 14 P1070295

hope you all have great days.

jb

327Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/10/2012, 5:17 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you so much, Marie, Jb, and Lucy..Jb it's so good to hear from you the photo is lovely.

328Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 17/10/2012, 1:48 am

lucy

lucy

Congratulations and very well done sean and I bet mum was smiling from ear to ear.

329Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/10/2012, 10:38 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland.

Its been awhile.

Em. I'm so happy for you. Sean, you should be proud and Emma, please convey best wishes to that bright young man. I am very happy for you.

It is good to hear of young people doing well. When I graduated school, way back in the 70's, Canada had a booming economy. As long as you were willing to work, there was a job in the economy someplace for you at full time hours and room for advancement if you chose to stay on. It is harder for kids to catch a spot now. So many of the manufacturing went to Mexico cause it was cheaper, and then they lost them to China. So many manual labour jobs were lost to big complex machines and offices were replaced by a new employee called Computers. The resulting jobs are different from what was before me when I finished school. The news media seems to dwell on negatives. That is what sells. These days they like to talk about kids protesting in the streets, dropping out of school, gangs and youths in trouble period. Sean's news is good news and it gives us good stuff to cheer on. Thank you very much Em and Sean.

Note: When and if I become King of the world there will be good news only stations that will find you the best price on ice cream cones, not the best gas, who did something kind for a neighbour, not who broke into someones house and who was born today, not who passed and etc.

[img][/img]Hello Ireland - Page 14 P1070214-1

Here is a picture of 2 of my grandboys enjoying an ice cream cone earlier this summer.

Marie, hope you feel better soon, glad you looked after that.
Cathy, are you getting around okay.
Clem enjoy Spain if you are still there
Hi Patsy, thank you
Em as always
Lucy, are there any fried beans on the ceiling
Katy and everyone else best wishes

jb

330Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 16/10/2012, 9:18 pm

MarieB

And so you should be a proud mammy. Coming 1st in Buisness Studies is some achievement so well done Sean, you can rightly be proud of yourself ......but not as proud as your mammy!
Many, many congratulations and make sure you translate this into practise and make mammy a wealthy lady! Xxxxx

331Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 16/10/2012, 9:18 pm

MarieB

And so you should be a proud mammy. Coming 1st in Buisness Studies is some achievement so well done Sean, you can rightly be proud of yourself ......but not as proud as your mammy!
Many, many congratulations and make sure you translate this into practise and make mammy a wealthy lady! Xxxxx

332Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/10/2012, 7:36 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there..pd i know can be a real pain but yesterday i felt a bit low until Seán came home from school..he told me the principal called him into his office..Seán didn't know what to think as 80% says trouble when called to the office.anyway he went in the principal gave him a certificate for coming first place in his class for his Business exam, so for me yes a proud mammy i am just have to share this..

Take care all
Ems Very Happy

333Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 15/10/2012, 7:58 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all, Glad you got back to us Marie and hope you are feeling better today. Thank you Patsy ..Lucy, Jb, Clem and everybody looking in hope your day is a good one..

Ems Smile

334Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 5:12 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good-morning friends..

Marie marie, that's a shakin stevens song i think..lol lol.

So sorry You have been through quiet a lot, take it easy and allow yourself to be pampered.x

Thanks to Clem we chatted the other night and thanks for keeping us up to date, by the way are you still in Spain??

Anybody that feels up to posting great if not that's ok there's times when we all need a break.

Marie mentioned my break, well Seán and I were in Holland last week as my in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary so it was a nice break..

Anyway take care folks,
Ems Smile

Last edited by ems on 16/10/2012, 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

335Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 8:06 am

MarieB

Sorry folks, don't know how that happened!

336Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 8:04 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,

At last....I found a way back in! Been having trouble getting into this website all week. Ems thankfully rang me when she got back from her recent trip and its still taken all day to reconnect!

No matter, ......have been a bit quiet of late as Mr P has not been treating me too kindly added to which I've had a flare up of my arthritis which has been very painful. Just for good measure I've had surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my face. That was on Thursday and I'm feeling really sorry for myself when I look in the mirror and see my poor swollen, bruised and battered face with ten stitches which no doubt will leave a beautiful scar but I suppose it's better than cancer! That's the second cancer on my face in 2 years so be warned folks and protect your skin from the sun. Funny thing is that I've never been a sun worshiper , never used a sunbed or even been sunburned . They do say that PWP have a predisposition to skin cancer and to melanoma in particular and I seem to have drawn the short straw!

Arn't I the jolly one tonight? Sorry, I'll go away and get over myself but I'll be back soon and hopefully in a more positive state of mind. Till then take care. Glad your op is over Cathy. I wish you a speedy recovery. Happy birthday to Katie for the 15th. Thanks to Cathy for calling us all back, to Clem for keeping up the posting when it must have seemed we'd all deserted ship and to Lucy who I have kept in touch with on FB. Not forgetting JB who has kept posting faithfully for years so he deserves time out!
Most important of all, thanks to Ems without whom there would be no forum. Xxxxxxx

337Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 8:02 am

MarieB

Hi everyone,

At last....I found a way back in! Been having trouble getting into this website all week. Ems thankfully rang me when she got back from her recent trip and its still taken all day to reconnect!

No matter, ......have been a bit quiet of late as Mr P has not been treating me too kindly added to which I've had a flare up of my arthritis which has been very painful. Just for good measure I've had surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my face. That was on Thursday and I'm feeling really sorry for myself when I look in the mirror and see my poor swollen, bruised and battered face with ten stitches which no doubt will leave a beautiful scar but I suppose it's better than cancer! That's the second cancer on my face in 2 years so be warned folks and protect your skin from the sun. Funny thing is that I've never been a sun worshiper , never used a sunbed or even been sunburned . They do say that PWP have a predisposition to skin cancer and to melanoma in particular and I seem to have drawn the short straw!

Arn't I the jolly one tonight? Sorry, I'll go away and get over myself but I'll be back soon and hopefully in a more positive state of mind. Till then take care. Glad your op is over Cathy. I wish you a speedy recovery. Happy birthday to Katie for the 15th. Thanks to Cathy for calling us all back, to Clem for keeping up the posting when it must have seemed we'd all deserted ship and to Lucy who I have kept in touch with on FB. Not forgetting JB who has kept posting faithfully for years so he deserves time out!
Most important of all, thanks to Ems without whom there would be no forum. Xxxxxxx

338Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 1:21 am

lucy

lucy

Clem I am really mad that you are siting sunning yourself in benidorm while I am sitting here in the hills of Donegal freezing. Only joking clem enjoy yourelf. Oh well no rest for the wicked must go and throw another log on the fire.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

339Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 14/10/2012, 12:15 am

ClemMcGann

On a hill just north of Benidorm there is a giant cross. It has been there for as long as I can remember. It used to light up at night. Then for several years it didn't. Two years ago it came on again.
I went up to it. There is a fantastic view from up there. There are lot and lots of memorials about it. It seems that many people's ashes are scattered up there. The cross is covered in plaques with names and dates and some have verses. There is plenty of graffiti remembering loved ones. It is sad and somber looking at funeral urns scattered about.

there is a smaller hill towards the sea. I vaguely remember that there were houses on it. So there I went. The views to the sea were spectacular. I did take great care as there were dangerous drops. When I got there,I found rubble everywhere. In places I could see fancy tiled and marble floors beneath. I assume that they were built without planning permission ( there is/was a lot of that here ) and the local council demolished them. Someone lost a lot of money, and the hilltop is visually ruined with the rubble

just saying something because everyone else is quite

http://www.mariner.ie

340Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/10/2012, 1:41 am

ClemMcGann

Hi all, I'm still on the costa. Was due to go back, but on hearing of the weather there and the aer lingus seat sale decided to reschedule and remain here. As I said, Mr P does not actually go away but life is much more tolerable here. On the whole I am having a good time here. A few minor downs. ---- talking of downers - i tend to have a siesta every day and i seem to have my parkinson down time coincide with siesta.

I broke a tooth - it could be expensive - wonder if travel insurance will cover some of it - root canal & crown needed - over 700 euro! I have had two extractions earlier this year. I am beginning to be concerned about tooth loss - I blame Mr P.

My laptop is misbehaving - and everything is closed tomorrow - it is "spain day" - not sure what that means - but it means that everything is closed.

This post is really just to say that I haven't gone away
regards to all
- Clement

Last edited by ClemMcGann on 12/10/2012, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)

http://www.mariner.ie

341Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/10/2012, 3:29 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi there Lucy and Patsy and thank you...I don't think Jb has deserted us Patsy well i hope not, I think he is busy..

Cathy i echo Patsy's words glad you're over the operation take it easy.

Marie, Kate and everybody looking in..take care Smile

342Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 10/10/2012, 11:22 pm

lucy

lucy

yooohooo patsy I'm here still looking in.

343Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 9/10/2012, 12:12 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Ems where is everybody ????? Even Jb has deserted us.
Come on you guys and girls, We have got to keep this forum going, Ems will not be able too do it all alone, she needs our support.

Marie are you still out celebrating Kilkenny's win ??????

Lucy and Kate where have ye got to.

Hope you all are on a good day,

Take care
LOL!! Patsy !!!!!![b]

Last edited by Patsy on 9/10/2012, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed out a word)

344Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 9/10/2012, 11:52 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hi Cathy, I am glad you are over your operation and everything went fine. This will be you in 6 months tme, Hello Ireland - Page 14 261994b6 Hello Ireland - Page 14 52 with this new knee you wll be out dncing a Kerry polka. Hello Ireland - Page 14 Take-it-easy
Hello Ireland - Page 14 Saying-1 [img][/img]

Patsy !!!!!!!

345Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty return 8/10/2012, 9:10 am

cathy

cathy

hello everybody.

back again after five weeks in hospital i had a full knee replacement . surgery had to be done the old fashioned way using tournique and knife as i have dbs implant .hopefully it will be all worth it . cathy

346Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 4/10/2012, 8:27 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning all and welcome John halvey ..thank you for your colourful posts Patsy...sun is shining here now hope everybody is well, take care folks..

em Smile

347Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 30/9/2012, 10:00 am

Patsy

Patsy

Hello Ireland - Page 14 4bdb0103

Jb we have had winter weather when it was supposed to be our summer.

Hello Ireland - Page 14 2vmvytz_th-1 Hello Ireland - Page 14 ThumbnailCAW66ZQG-1 to you Jb. !!!!

Hello Ireland - Page 14 0ef913fd

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

348Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 28/9/2012, 7:47 pm

jb49

jb49

Good Morning All.

Been busy lately, winter is coming! Hope everyone is fine,

jb Very Happy

349Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/9/2012, 7:10 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning to everyone..bit brighter here today, hope they get dry weather for the ploughing.

Seán's school bus didn't show up this morning so a day off for him..very upset he is lol Very Happy

Have a good day guys Smile em

350Hello Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 25/9/2012, 1:53 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Yeah Donegal Well Done..I can imagine the atmosphere there and the sore heads..lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum