PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Ireland

+7
katie
MarieB
cathy
jb49
ems
lucy
ClemMcGann
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

1Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Hello Ireland 7/9/2012, 9:08 am

Patsy

Patsy

First topic message reminder :

Hello Ireland - Page 2 044435ef

I have been busy setting up a PD branch in Roscommon, the nearest branch is in Galway, that is an hours drive from me.
Our first meeting is on the 12th Sept.
Lets hope we can help someone newly diagnosed with PD. as I had nobody to talk too, actually I did not know what PD was. "I FELT SO ALONE"

Hello Ireland - Page 2 AfterN jb in Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ireland - Page 2 709g3pju0v to All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/2/2015, 4:55 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi folks..hope all is well with ye. I am sorry as i haven't posted in a while I've being down in myself and finding it difficult to pick up..maybe it's the time of the year not sure to be honest. anyway i'll get back on track soon ..hopefully.

Anyway take care everybody
em Smile

27Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/2/2015, 10:25 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Good morning folks..hope all is well with ye. Hey Lucy yes feeling bit better thanks, gosh weather's been bad in Donegal we've escaped a lot of it...hope it stays that way. So that's the noise i heard..lol you don't have to record anything Lucy lol lol..

Jb it's always good to hear from you..

Clem, Paddy take care guys and everybody of course.
em Smile

28Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 1/2/2015, 10:36 am

lucy

lucy

Hi folks hope everyone is doing ok and keeping warm this winters night. There is another hurricane blowing outside, and I am not joking the hailstones are the size of footballs Laughing Laughing and I would not tell a lie, (well maybe a wee white one) well I suppose at this time of night there is only one place I will be going (and it sure isin't disco dancing) and that is the four poster. Him indoors is snoring in the arm chair you would hear him in Kilkenny. But he swears blind he dosen't snore until I recorded him with my phone one night. Anyway enough of my nonsence for tonight
Ems hope you are feeling a bit better
JB good to see you are still looking in
Clem we haven't spoken for ages
Paddy did you sell up and move to mexico
And to anyone else who may be looking in keep your chin up and keep going no matter what.

Lucy

29Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/1/2015, 4:55 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Jb, Lucy and everyone..good to hear ye're doing well, hi to your son is doing well lucy, amazing really they grow up so quickly even Seán, great cook, not too bad at the chores.and of course doing his own share at the house they share.lol

Anyway i'm sorry i haven't logged in recently i got down  in myself and just getting better now..
Take care friends  em:)

30Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/1/2015, 4:23 am

lucy

lucy

Hi Jb and everyone looking in It's good you got a bit of a laugh Jb. My son came home at the weekend again and of course I asked him did anyone notice the cleaning, he said if they did no one mentioned it Rolling Eyes all that sweat lost for nothing. I'll know better next time Smile Hope the new year is going well for you Jb and our friend Mr P is not causing to much trouble and do keep in touch..

Just thought I would say a friend of mine with pd got an invite to the Michael J Fox gala dinner in New York on the 10th April and he is over the moon.Would be a great experience.

Keep well and warm everyone

Lucy

31Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 20/1/2015, 12:33 am

jb49

jb49

Good Morning everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying whatever it is you enjoy in life.  

Lucy, I read your post and I laughed and I can see you dusting up and making things perfect for your son.  The note about cleaning up , there are no Mammies  and your reply is priceless.

My son after one year in University dorms, rented a house with 5 others  and I was impressed by the fact that he signed the lease and every thing. It is surprising sometimes to realize that your kids are grown up.  That was 10 years ago now.

Good luck to your son.  The fact that there is a vacuum cleaner in the apartment is a good sign.  

Clem, Em, hello, its been awhile since I have been here.

All the best to everyone.

jbl

32Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 11/1/2015, 9:38 am

lucy

lucy

Hello folks how are you all doing. Well I dont know about you but here I am sitting in my pj's and dressing gown with a lamp by my side in case of emergencies. My God there is a hurricane blowing outside and to make matters worse our tv ariel is after blowing down. So him indoors gave me a big smile and said a few lovely words before putting on the top coat to go and try to rescue it Evil or Very Mad Knowing him he might even try and put it back up. Well if he thinks I'M going to go out and hold the ladder in the middle of that hurricane he can think again.
Anyway like two fools we headed to Galway at 7 0 clock this morning a 4 and a half hour drive. Do not talk about the weather then. I can only say I kept my eyes closed and wired myself for sound until I was sure the wind had stopped. Why did we go to Galway you may ask. Well our wee pet (hes only 18 and a half )is away back to collage and I couldnt let him bus it. In we went to the appartment and for five lads in was in very good shape I must say. I looked in the corner and the hoover winked at me and said Please use me. The same thing happened with the mop and bucket. So me and him indoors went into a fit of cleaning and the place was spick and span in no time. Of course our son was walking after us saying its ok mammy dont bother, but I would say sure it will only take two minitues. And what do you think some smart alek had written in the bathroom and the kitchen. In big letters were the words CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF NO MAMMIES HERE and I wrote in under it OH YES THERE IS Well serves them right. Right thats me. Him indoors has just gone to bed with a hot water bottle under his arm, and it will be just my luck if the lights go out and my lamp will run out of battery Now where did i put my ear phones Daniel o Donnell are you ready to go to bed

33Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/1/2015, 5:17 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi there to everybody hope all is well..welcome to James our new member please feel free to post, browse...etc

34Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/12/2014, 7:45 am

lucy

lucy

Hope everyone had a good day. Clem you are looking very well

35Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 5/12/2014, 5:47 am

ClemMcGann

Hello Ireland - Page 2 Pinmar10

Dublin South - Parkinsons Support Group - having a snack after their visit to the National Maritime Museum in Dún Laoghaire

http://www.mariner.ie

36Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/11/2014, 3:33 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thanks Lucy..feeling little better, a friend has asked me to go see Nathan Carter (sings wagon wheel |) tonight...i like him singing so we'll go...glad you are feeling better Clem, take care all Smile

37Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/11/2014, 11:45 am

lucy

lucy

ems wrote:Hi there to everybody..haven't been in touch for a while..bit  down in myself weather doesn't  help..

Anyway  Patsy i know your birthday is on the way so Happy Birthday ....enjoy. x                                                                hope everybody is well here...jb, lucy, clem and everybody..

Ems really hope you feel better soon

38Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 26/11/2014, 11:43 am

lucy

lucy

Good to hear you are getting out and about again Clem, its great that you can go over and back to the costa. Hope you feel as fit as a fiddle after your treatment.

39Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/11/2014, 7:42 am

ClemMcGann

Patsy – I didn’t know it was your birthday, but now that I do:
Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you,

I have not been able to go to many events lately, but today I did go in to the commemoration for those who died on Irish ships during WW2.  
http://lugnad.ie/commemoration2014/
 There was a good turn-out.

I have been prevailed on to give the south Dublin Parkinson Support group a tour of the national maritime museum on Thursday 4 December at 11am.  I just hope that I will be feeling ok on the day.

If anyone here wants to tag along, you will be more than welcome, it might be nice to phone Aoife at 01-2893642, she organises, I just talk.  For an example of what you might see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlywwX9_934

I was back on the Costa and returned just over a week ago.  When I was told of the 39 days of radiation, every day Monday to Friday, ninety minutes each day, starting in three weeks, I decided to get some sunshine in those three weeks. The docs agreed that it was a good idea, so I went and now I’m back.  Radiation started last Monday.  They say that I can expect to feel “fatigued”, but we who have PD know about that already.

Last edited by ClemMcGann on 24/11/2014, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : links)

40Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 24/11/2014, 5:52 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi there to everybody..haven't been in touch for a while..bit down in myself weather doesn't help..

Anyway Patsy i know your birthday is on the way so Happy Birthday ....enjoy. x hope everybody is well here...jb, lucy, clem and everybody..

41Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 8/11/2014, 3:20 am

jb49

jb49

Good Morning Ireland,

Ha, I suppose it is past noon there and you are all starting to think about your dinner tonite. Is dinner the evening meal there. I was married before I ever "dinner" at night. I grew up with breakfast, dinner at high noon and supper at night. Everyone seems to think of the evening meal as dinner now., Man if that was my biggest question about life I would be ok.

Clem, that is interesting about the definition of disabled with Parkinsons. I use to work my Carpenter business with all the ladders, sharp chisels, roof repairs and power tools. I could no longer do that stuff safely and so qualified as disabled to do the job that I was paying insurance pemiums on. It was a good thing I did buy this insurance. I didn't have too much trouble applying for the benefits.

Hi Ems, Lucy and everyone else.

It has been a grey and coolish day starting with wet snow falling this morning when I got up. Soon it will snowbanks and cold. Good thing I like all the seasons. Must admit though, the cold winters are good at making life a little more difficult.

My coffee pot is brewed. I wish you all were coming in my door right now. Specially if Em baked some fresh cookies. I'm thinking big oatmeal ones with butter, lots of raisins and heavy with the cinnamon. That would warm up the day.

All the best to all of you

john

42Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 7/11/2014, 10:56 am

ClemMcGann

jb49 wrote: I get a pension from a disability insurance plan that I had paid into.  One of the better things I have done.

Hi JB,
I had one of those, it wasn't a pension, it was a lump sum.  If you got various specified illnesses, lost a limb, eye or a few others, and you were working - that is 65 or younger, the lump sum was paid to you.  But their definition of PD was unable to dress yourself or feed yourself.  Saying that you would be like that if you didn't take the meds didn't count.  Next if you had let 65 years pass -
without proving your claim, then it lapsed - no payment

Fortunately, for me, I knew a few senior people, and I received the cash
But there might be others, out there, who might encounter a similar issue
- - - -
Regards from Clement, on the Costa Blanca

43Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/10/2014, 7:22 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

He He Lucy that was the plan..who knows you might win the jackpot..yes it is good to talk the last few days i have been feeling so down not sure why really.. time of the year, weather; need to pick myself up ill be grand i know.,take care friends Smile em

44Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 27/10/2014, 9:19 am

lucy

lucy

Hi JB great to hear from you and hi Ems great to have you and your mum for a couple of days but I think I may have to look for compensation because between the two of you you have me hooked on telly bingo, but not to worry I can blame it on the meds. Hi Clem hope you are keeping ok and Paddy havent chatted for ages.

Also hello to anyone reading feel free to post or message me anytime as we are all on the same journey and as the saying goes "its good to talk"

Take care everyone and enjoy the bank holiday weekend

45Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 21/10/2014, 2:24 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Happy Birthday to coco..

Hi Jb it's good to hear from you and i can understand the thing with the fingers the twitch as you call it  as my typing has slowed down big time .  Since Bristol Lucy invited us me and my mum to hers for a few days which as usual  was so refreshing..big thanks again Lucy..x

Anyway hi to everybody out there take care xx em Smile

Last edited by ems on 21/10/2014, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling..)

46Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 16/10/2014, 11:40 am

jb49

jb49

hello Ireland,

Hi Em, I am happy that all is well with your surgery. Too bad the plane was late and it was when you had your Mum with you. I am proud of your bravery (you too Lucy) to have the procedure. I hope it proves to be everything you hoped for.

I am having trouble typing these days. Already I have lost this post 2 times. Just a twitch of the fingers and it is gone skittering away someplace. Someplace where all my half finished notes go to sit in a cyberspace waste basket. Maybe.

Anyways, Life has been busy. My PD has gotten worse in the 7 years I have been dxd but it is not changing as fast as I first worried it would. However I don't go to work now and I get a pension from a disability insurance plan that I had paid into. One of the better things I have done.
Life has changed for me, but it is still pretty good. Even though we have had some light frosts I still get food from the garden. Tonite for supper I had potatoes, brussel sprouts, a cucumber, swiss chard, celery, lettuce and some parsley. I do like to garden.

Well, I am going to post this before I twitch it off to outer space with the others.

Best wishes to all of you

jb

47Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 12/10/2014, 5:37 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there...busy week here as i had my app in Bristol just a check up really, went well.

Flight home was at 8.45 last night until at 7pm we found out our flight was delayed until 12;45 yes could not believe it...my mum was with me..that's ryan air of course..home safe and sound ok ..

Hope all is good with you guys.. Smile

48Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/9/2014, 7:14 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Jb good to hear your doing well..we've had a good summer here and the weather is still good.

Hi to everybody... Smile and take care..

em

49Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/9/2014, 7:14 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hey Jb good to hear your doing well..we've had a good summer here and the weather is still good.

Hi to everybody... Smile and take care..

em

50Hello Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello Ireland 29/9/2014, 3:19 am

jb49

jb49

Hello Ireland. It has been awhile since I said hello here. It has been a busy summer here for me doing stuff. You may wonder what stuff. That is okay, cause here it is the last few days of September and I am wondering what I did too. I must of been busy. I don't recall sitting around too much.

My garden claimed much of my time. I hoed and weeded and it was a good summer for timely rainfalls. I ate a lot of food out of it throughout the spring and summer but it is starting to look empty now. I had lots of asparagus in the early part and now about the only thing left out there are some more potatoes, carrots, Brussels sprouts and squash. I put lots of stuff in the freezer like tomatoes and green beans as well.

I am getting a wood pile ready for the wintertime now. Should of had that done already but the summer was too hot for that. I have lots of dry dead trees and limbs that will soon be ready for the stove.

I hope everyone is well.

John

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum