PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Set dancing classes specific for Parkinson's?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi there Trish. firstly welcome to the forum..

I'd like to wish you the very best of luck with your set dancing class i am in county Kilkenny..so bit far away from you, keep us posted how it goes..

Take care
Em Smile

Patsy

Patsy

duffype wrote:Hello,
I am currently trying to set up a Parkinson's specific set dancing class to aid mobility, gait and just have a bit of crack. Its to help my dad as he has an issue with freezing gait and set dancing has scientifically shown to improve this. Is anyone interested in this in North county Dublin?
Trish Very Happy

Hi Trish "WELCOME to the forum"

I have PD for the last 19 years, did set dancing for the first 15 years. I gave it up, when I began falling backwards. It is great exercise, and great crack.

The best of luck, I do hope you succeed.
Do keep us posted.

Never give up, ,!!!!!

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3Set dancing classes specific for Parkinson's? Empty Set dancing classes 2/11/2012, 9:35 am

Ann

Ann
Admin
Admin

Trisha, keep us posted. If you get the organising of one - costs and times, contact us again - I can definitely see it being useful, and for social interaction as well. I'm in south Dublin but know quite a few in north co dub

http://www.parkinsons.ie

duffype

Hello,
I am currently trying to set up a Parkinson's specific set dancing class to aid mobility, gait and just have a bit of crack. Its to help my dad as he has an issue with freezing gait and set dancing has scientifically shown to improve this. Is anyone interested in this in North county Dublin?
Trish Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum