PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carpal tunnel decompression

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Carpal tunnel decompression on 8/2/2012, 4:40 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Anyone familiar with Carpal tunnel decompression?
As i was at the doc (again) today over last few weeks i get a numbing and tingling in my fingertips (not PD related) more irritating than painful..anyway doc says there is a small operation where they make a cut around the palm of the hand which helps,however it is on my left hand not sure if it's a good idea as same hand is bad enough. Doc says think about it. what do you guys think?

Ems

2 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 9/2/2012, 1:50 am

MarieB

Just found this Ems.

Will talk next week. Have information that might help and know someone who had the op.

Mariex

3 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 9/2/2012, 5:54 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Thanks Marie, much appreciated.

Ems Smile

4 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 28/2/2012, 12:57 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Thanks again for all the info regarding Carpal tunnel Marie, have seen OT since and she gave me a splint for my hand along with exercises and it helps, so far so good.

Ems Smile

5 cts on 28/2/2012, 8:09 am

cathy

hi ems i would be inclined to get a few more medical opinions i have pins and needles in my right hand but it's not cps
cathy

6 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 1/9/2012, 4:42 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hi Marie and Cathy..thanks for replying ..Wednesday I have app for the CPS injection hopefully it will help as for operation I'd be on a long waiting list.. fingers crossed.

7 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 1/9/2012, 5:30 am

MarieB

Good luck for Wednesday, Ems. Will be thinking of you. Ive heard that the injections really help and in most cases there's no need for the operation. Sooner you get rid of the pain, you'll feel much better.
Love from both of us. xx

8 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 1/9/2012, 4:58 pm

ems

Admin
Admin
MarieB wrote:Good luck for Wednesday, Ems. Will be thinking of you. Ive heard that the injections really help and in most cases there's no need for the operation. Sooner you get rid of the pain, you'll feel much better.
Love from both of us. xx

Thanks guys will keep ye posted x

9 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 5/9/2013, 5:12 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hello there Marie and to anyone looking in ..just got notice, next Thursday morning 8am.. i'm down for operation for Carpal Tunnel very minor i'm told.Smile 

10 Re: Carpal tunnel decompression on 2/10/2013, 4:53 am

ems

Admin
Admin
Hello there..just a quick note..getting stitches out tomorrow think the op has helped, I hadn't realised that Carpal Tunnel is so common, then again i never heard the name of it until i was told by the doctor.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum