PAIForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAI is the Irish national organisation supporting all those with Parkinson's, and their families, carers, health professionals...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello all

+3
ems
lucy
Paulmc
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 20/3/2012, 4:34 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there to everybody,

Hope you enjoyed the weekend, we (sisters) brought my mom out for lunch today for mothers day very enjoyable and good news Mr P behaved for a change..

Take care all
Ems x

2Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 13/1/2012, 5:43 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Marie and Jb from Seán..

New year resolutions?? what are they?? lol

Ems

3Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 12/1/2012, 12:07 pm

jb49

jb49

Hello Paul, Ems and Maria,

Great work with the exams Sean, tell him Em please.

yes, all forums are a bit quiet right now I think.

Hello to everyone.
jb

4Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 11/1/2012, 3:29 am

MarieB

Hello everyone,,

Things have gone very quiet on all fronts........must be the time of year. Having difficulty cranking back into action after all the over indulgence methinks.

Brilliant news about Sean's exam results. Well done Sean and well done you, proud mum. You should shout it from the roof tops Ems, so you should! Tel says well done too.

Hope everyone is well (or as well as can be expected). Weather has been kind so far but got sneaking feeling there may be a few 'icy' surprises down the road.....hope I'm wrong cos I hate the cold.
Have to keep reminding myself about staying positive even in situations that are clearly not positive. Easier said than done !

Haven't made any new year resolutions cos I know I won't keep them so instead am going to try and be a better 'me' if you get my drift (a kinder, funnier, more sympathetic , less demanding etc, etc........). I suppose its an intention of sorts but not so categoric What do others think about making resolutions?

Meantime my friends, keep smiling and when you're ready (me being less demanding!) let us have your thoughts,

Love Marie

5Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 11/1/2012, 2:53 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hello there, I just realised this is Paul's thread, hope you're in good form Paul..

Funny how things get quiet after Christmas shops, etc..children back at school, yesterday morning my son said 'mum the holidays are not long enough' then he looked at me, all he could do was laugh knowing full well holidays are long enough (too long)

However when he came home he was smiling as he did very well in his exams..don't mean to go on just happy for him..

Take care folks
Ems x

6Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 11/12/2011, 10:40 pm

Patsy

Patsy

Paulmc wrote:Thank you so very much, Lucy, Ems and Marie for your very warm welcome and kind word's of encouragement Very Happy . It's very good to know that there are other's who have been where I am at present. And I now know that I have someone who can relate with my state of mind, as I'm finding it difficult to explain myself to to some family member's and close friend's (so called friend's). So thank's once again and I look forward to talking, Take care , keep well. Paul Very Happy P.S sorry I missed the chat, catch you next time. Smile

Hi Paul

A belated WELCOME to the forum,

It is hard when family's do not understand how we feel, just give them time.
Go to a post in "Stories and Poems" and scroll down to post
65 entitled "A Letter to my family and friends" and print it,

It should help your family to understand a bit more about PD.
Hope this helps.

Patsy !!!!!!!!!!!!

7Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 5/12/2011, 9:07 am

Paulmc

Paulmc

Hi jb and many thank's for the wecome, Smile It's nice to know that there are alot of warm and kind hearted people such as yourself on the forum Cool , I look forward to talking to you. Take care, keep well. Paul. Very Happy

8Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 4/12/2011, 5:43 pm

jb49

jb49

Why Hello Paul and welcome to this page in your life. It is a wonderful club that you just joined, even if having PD as the ticket in is a steep price to pay. Remember this, PD ain't for the fainthearted. These are strong people in this club, always ready with a kind word or a hand up. You can disapear for awhile and pop back in and there is still a spot at the table for you and a cup of tea waiting for you. In fact, I will state here and now that being a member of this forum will be one of the best weapons in your armoury in your parkinsons disease. Mostly it is the ladies that do the talking here and us guys like Doyley and Rusty listen and nod and wait for a chance to get a word into the flow of conversation. But I will say it is such a sweet flow of words from these lovely ladies and I hope they will forgive me for suggesting that they do all the talking cause they don't and I better stop talking now. (I am from Ontario, and can claim diplomatic immunity on anything that appears questionable that I write.)

Here is my regular 3 bits of advice to you.
-Get a good doctor and a drug program that works for you.
-Excercise, stay as active as you can, use it or lose it.
-Don't get mad overthings you can't do, just try your best.

Good luck to you Paul, I think you will handle it fine and in a positive manner.

jb

9Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 3/12/2011, 11:43 pm

Paulmc

Paulmc

Hello Katie, and thank you for the welcome and hope to talk to you soon. Take care, keep well. Paul.

10Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 3/12/2011, 1:25 am

katie

hello Paul,

I'm a little late, but a very warm welcome to the forum from me too. theres not much I can add to marie's post, she said it as it is. Look forward to hearing more from you in your own time.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Katie

11Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 2/12/2011, 8:54 pm

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Thank you Paul and i understand completely when you put 'so called friends' in brackets..excellent post Marie you have a lovely way with words..

Ems

12Hello all Empty Thank You 2/12/2011, 8:24 pm

Paulmc

Paulmc

Thank you so very much, Lucy, Ems and Marie for your very warm welcome and kind word's of encouragement Very Happy . It's very good to know that there are other's who have been where I am at present. And I now know that I have someone who can relate with my state of mind, as I'm finding it difficult to explain myself to to some family member's and close friend's (so called friend's). So thank's once again and I look forward to talking, Take care , keep well. Paul Very Happy P.S sorry I missed the chat, catch you next time. Smile

13Hello all Empty Hello All 2/12/2011, 7:26 am

MarieB

Hi Paul,
welcome to the forum. It's good that you've introduced yourself voluntarily. I just hope other new members follow your example because it's so much easier to relate to you now. I think you will find us all very supportive and more than willing to point you in the direction of relevant information. Do go into the chat room tonight if you can. Ems and Lucy are the best and will be able to reassure you at this very difficult time. Your family's reactions are to be expected but that will change when they realize you aren't going to die from Pd and once they are more informed they will see for themselves that it is a manageable disease. Pd affects each of us very differently so it is hard to generalize but we have all been in your shoes when first diagnosed and know how frightening it can be.
Most people delay going on medication. Your consultant presumably hasn't suggested you do yet but if you are finding it difficult to manage, you might want to talk to him again. I waited 6 months after diagnosis before I could accept starting meds. That was Sept 2010 and although the side effects were unpleasant at first, it was nothing I couldn't handle and before long I felt so much better. Each day is srtill a challenge but that's how I view life now- as if it is a series of challenges to be overcome.. I don't mean to sound morbid nor do I want to give you false hope. All I know is that I have met some of the nicest, funniest and bravest people I could ever wish to meet since my diagnosis both on this forum and a UK forum.
Its the last thing anyone wants to hear, that they have Pd but you sound a very level headed person and you have the support of your family(even if they are hurting at the moment) and you've taken a big step forward in joining the forum. So welcome Paul to our 'gang' They come in all shapes and sizes..All are talented in their own way. Some are long winded (like me), others say little but without exception you will find they care and will be there for you.

Marie

14Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 2/12/2011, 7:05 am

ems

ems
Admin
Admin

Hi Paul welcome from me too,I was diagnosed with PD 7yrs ago..to be honest I was surprised when diagnosed as I didn't know anything about Parkinson's but like Lucy I accepted it guess we have to at some stage.Anyway feel free to moan,groan all you like.. I'm an expert at that..Ems

15Hello all Empty Re: Hello all 2/12/2011, 12:50 am

lucy

lucy

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum. Feel free to moan groan and complain as much as you like Paul we have all been there. I had my first symptom in august 2000 I was 39 and expecting my second child I was diagnosed a few years later. I think I knew it was pd before i saw the neuro atal so it dident come as a shock. I accepted it from day one but still cant figure out if thats normal. Paul myself and another member will be in chat tonight between 8 and 10 and your very welcome if you want to join.
Keep your chin up Smile Smile Smile

16Hello all Empty Hello all 1/12/2011, 9:21 pm

Paulmc

Paulmc

Hello all, I just thought that I should introduce myself. My name is Paul I'm 52 married to Bronagh and have 4 kid's (23,18,16 and 10).I have just recently been diaganosed with PD,(Fri 4th Nov at 9:46am) a date and time that I will not forget for a very long time. Although I knew that the diagnosis was comimg, it hit me harder than I had thought it would. Currently I'm not on any med's. I have a constant tremor in my left hand/arm, very stiff in most joint's, at time's my left foot stumble's and my balance is not good at all. At present I am finding it very hard to get my head around my diagnosis and my head is filled with so many emotions. Bronagh has been fantastic throughout this, But at time's I can see the strain trying to pull her under as my eldest daughter Clare is having a hard time accepting my diaagnosis. Sad Sorry to rant on abit, Embarassed and no doubt I will have lot's of question's to ask in the future, thank's for listing, keep well.
Paul Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum